• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

bender

What time is it?
I forgot to put this up but I managed to reach Golf Level 20 (the highest skill level) with this as my final score...

INytl.jpg

Wow! Good job! That back nine destroys me. I'm still level 18 but I'm really only playing daily tournaments. Got my last trophy yesterday with a homing shot eagle.

Almyn

I finally, Finally unlocked the last character yesterday, and as a bonus, After weeks of trying I managed to hit both a spiral shot and a rising shot yesterday. Unlocking 2 more trophies. It felt so good :)

Now to work on finishing up the last few challenges I have unlocked. I am a bit disappointed that I need to have 43/44 crowns to unlock all the challenges to be able to get all the stars. Especially as there is trophies attached to getting both. I think I may have hit a wall though. I think there is a few crowns I will never attain, At least not without an awful lot of luck and retries.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm horrible. Just horrible at this game.

Between this and Wipeout the Vita consistently knocks me on my ass.

Heh, at least you're not alone. You should have seen me attempt the Legacy course in yesterday's daily challenge, at least it was too comical to be frustrating. I fuggin' love this game, though, easily my favorite and most played of the year. I'm still playing it pretty much every day.

On a different note, I'm thinking about picking up Out of Bounds now that it's on PSN. How is it in comparison to Word Invitational?

bender

What time is it?
On a different note, I'm thinking about picking up Out of Bounds now that it's on PSN. How is it in comparison to Word Invitational?

I love it but I'm probably a bad person to ask. It plays a little easier since you have the elevation indicator over the swing meter if you are using the traditional shot method. It is also fairly light on unlock-able content. Does the download version come with all the DLC? That gives you eight courses and a bunch of characters to chase max loyalties with.

Number45

I wish there was a video tutorial on how to get better at the game.
So much of it is based on reading the situation, I don't think it would be easy to put together.

I haven't read through them yet, but there are some tips here. Once you know the basics, it's really down to practice though.

Number45

11cm away from my fucking albatross today. FML. :'(

Sill no sign of the patch over here I see, I'd really like something more compelling to continue playing - at the moment I'm doing the dailies in the vain hope I get my platinum and that's it. Don't care about the ranking and the points are beyond useless at this point.

Syn23

Just seen this is on PSN for £11.99, is this game easy for a someone who has never played the series to pick up?
It was the first one I played and I enjoyed it, but it could be VERY frustrating after a while, and if you care about trophies note that even reaching 40% could be very difficult.

I'd say that overall it's a really good game, but if you want to become somewhat good you must practice a lot.

Just make sure you have a good grasp of ball physics ;)

On a more serious note, you could always try the demo, which gives you 3 holes on the first course to try it out.

Ah, had no idea it had a demo, did a search in the psn store and there it was, thanks for that! will give it a try and see how it is

depward

Getting a little fed up with the lack of... Well, everything - no patch news, no dlc talk, nothing. This is after a live chat where they were like "hang tight! News coming soon!"

Even with the lack of game releases, gamers have small attention spans. By the time they put out the patch or any dlc, a lot of the audience will have moved on to something else or just losing interest.

STG

I really have problems hitting those special spin shots, like "Super Top Spin"
In a FAQ it says "To perform a Super Top Spin hold the down button while setting your power and hold
the up button at the point of impact and get a perfect impact."

it never works, after pressing X for the first time to power up my shot I hold down, press X again to set strength and exactly on impact when I let down go, I press up and X at the same time, right? that simply does not work for me :( do I need a special club or ball or character?

Syn23

Press X, hold down while the gauge is going up, than press x, hold up while the gauge is going down and press x again.

Speaking of patches, another one just went up in Japan. Seems to be a load of bug fixes.

http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=520

If I get the digital version, will my save from the retail version work?

If I'd known you posted in here, I would have answered it here rather than in the general Vita thread :p

It seems to have worked on mine. My high scores, videos and other useless stats have carried over. I haven't tested the dailies yet but I don't think that'll be an issue.

The only thing I did was ensure Everybody's Golf wasn't in the Vita before I bought the game on PSN. I also backed up the save to my PC but I haven't had to use that. If all works OK, it should install in the same bubble where your EG save is right now.

Benedict

If I'd known you posted in here, I would have answered it here rather than in the general Vita thread :p

It seems to have worked on mine. My high scores, videos and other useless stats have carried over. I haven't tested the dailies yet but I don't think that'll be an issue.

The only thing I did was ensure Everybody's Golf wasn't in the Vita before I bought the game on PSN. I also backed up the save to my PC but I haven't had to use that. If all works OK, it should install in the same bubble where your EG save is right now.

Thanks for both replies, will probably buy the digital version. Then I have to decide if I should keep the retail version as well or trade it in at Gamestop.
Might trade in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom as well, since I suck at it and am too afraid to damage the Vita whilst playing.

I just don't get the spin system.
Do I hold down the dpad direction while i'm swining up and down on the ball, or do i just press it when the club strikes the ball?
So far it doesnt seem to have much impact at all on the way the ball rolls.

I just don't get the spin system.
Do I hold down the dpad direction while i'm swining up and down on the ball, or do i just press it when the club strikes the ball?
So far it doesnt seem to have much impact at all on the way the ball rolls.

For Super Backspin: Press d-pad up while setting power (doesn't need to be held the entire time but must be held at the time of button press) and press d-pad down on impact. If you get a perfect impact and do inputs correctly the ball icon at the bottom right of the screen will show a blue dot. Whether the ball actually does a backspin once it lands depends on character spin level, which club's being used, etc. But whatever the case it's usually always a smart shot to use because it travels farther in the air than hitting flat and gets less roll once it lands. Nearly every shot I take is a super backspin for that reason (unless it's a really short chip shot)

What a fantastic game, was playing a tournament and dropping down the table like a stone, did two poor shots on the last hole but then pulled out a sweet chip, got an eagle and won the tourney!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
FYI, this game has dropped to $20. I just picked it up at Walmart.

It's the same old, same old, but I enjoy it.

Massa

Bump down the difficulty to Easy. I did that, beat the game and unlocked new characters and now I'm trying to clear those levels again.

STG

maybe I am just blind, but where should this "easy" option be?

there is no option menu in the main menu, and the ingame option menu only has, music, caddy, touch and a camera option

there is no option menu in the main menu, and the ingame option menu only has, music, caddy, touch and a camera option

I believe it's unlocked if you fail a tournament too many times...

Number45

Going to back this up and delete later tonight, I'm playing for no reason at the moment. Might jump back in when/if the patch hits.

Also, fuck the albatross. :(

Audioboxer

I have no idea how spin works in this game :/

When the shot meter starts to fill up I hold up/down on the d-pad and then hit X to hit the shot when the time is right. This doesn't really seem to do much though?

Picking up the game for £11.99 does seem worth it though, it's pretty damn addictive.

Number45

You're holding the d-pad as you hit X to make the shot? You should notice the point of impact change if you're doing it right (the mark on the ball in the bottom right) - it's also affected by your impact.

depward

Starting to get a little antsy. After the live chat we had however long ago, I was feeling good about the game and how they were going to be patching things up. But...

1) Still no patch for NA. Not a huge deal, I suppose... but still.

2) Daily tournament participants finally eclipsed 20k. Is this number for NA only or...?

3) There have now been 300 daily tournaments. I've happily participated & put up a score in each one of them (which is why I believe I'm sitting at #36; there are better players out there but as long as I get in that top 10%, I can match them with gaining 20 points). But I'm starting to get a little fatigued with doing three tourneys a day... especially when the variance of them is so little. Most of the time, we're playing on one of the first two courses with no rules.

4) I enjoyed HSG: Out of Bounds' paid DLC. Some new characters, new course, etc. It's been over three and a half months now with not one DLC item - paid or free. To me, developers should think that time = money. Most of the audience that picked up the game three months ago probably have moved on or aren't playing like they did when they first started playing; it's just the nature of gamers to be a little anxious to always play the newest game they have. By not releasing any kind of DLC, they really missed out on the window of opportunity where they could have gotten more sales.

5) I love the online lobby system & multiplayer but I feel like it's too little too late for graded tournaments. The same ~60ish people will be on and the same ~60ish people will play the tourneys, get up to G0 and be like, "OK Clap Handz, now what?!"

Anyway, I truly love the game - it was the reason why I picked up a Vita in the first place - and I have definitely gotten my money's worth from it. Just becoming a little frustrated with it lately.

I was thinking the same thing.

I believe it's unlocked if you fail a tournament too many times...

That's kind of irritating. Do we know how many times you have to fail it?

Because I know damn well I'm going to need an easy option to ever finish those final events.

Starting to get a little antsy. After the live chat we had however long ago, I was feeling good about the game and how they were going to be patching things up. But...

I believe that's EU and US since the counter was approaching the 20,000 marker this evening.

I also want to know where this patch is. I'm not heading back online until it appears! That said, the Japanese season ended after 419 rounds :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was thinking the same thing.

That's kind of irritating. Do we know how many times you have to fail it?

Because I know damn well I'm going to need an easy option to ever finish those final events.
I know I never noticed it for a long time so I have no idea how many losses you need. I haven't bothered to turn it on though.

L8ZERl.jpg

Audioboxer

You're holding the d-pad as you hit X to make the shot? You should notice the point of impact change if you're doing it right (the mark on the ball in the bottom right) - it's also affected by your impact.

I'm starting to get used to it :)

What gauge do you guys prefer to use for hitting the ball? (the circle, or the default bar)

Trying to play around with both to see what I get more perfect shots with.

Number45

I use the default advanced (decreasing circle) shot personally. There's a trophy for playing a round with each of them though (you can unlock quite a number of them, which you'll see in the VS matches) so you can gauge how well you get on with them.

Top Bottom