• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Syn23

You probably haven't done something that unlocks a few more.
Yes, I'm thinking the same, but this is my situation right now, and I've unlocked all the characters, including
the receptionist Amy,
so I'm not sure what I need to do next. I hope I don't need to get all the crowns.

Syn23

: (

These guys should learn how to assign trophies. For example, the fact that there is a silver trophy to get all the stars, but this means you must have 43 crowns, and then when you get 44 crowns, you gain a gold trophy, is dumb. This means that you won't probably get a trophy for days, and then you'll be able to get a silver one and a gold one at the same time.

: (

These guys should learn how to assign trophies. For example, the fact that there is a silver trophy to get all the stars, but this means you must have 43 crowns, and then when you get 44 crowns, you gain a gold trophy, is dumb. This means that you won't probably get a trophy for days, and then you'll be able to get a silver one and a gold one at the same time.

Well, it is the first time the series has had trophies.

That said, I'd have preferred it if the albatross trophy was gold. I'm still waiting :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Probably my favorite putt is when you go up past the hole by a foot or more and then it backs up and drops back in. :D

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Probably my favorite putt is when you go up past the hole by a foot or more and then it backs up and drops back in. :D
I've done that a few times on a steep slope. Really great.

Got my first hole-in-one on one of the dailies yesterday. I thought it would stop at the edge of the cup like I've done 3 times before but it had enough juice to drop in. :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I've done that a few times on a steep slope. Really great.

Got my first hole-in-one in one of the dailies yesterday. I thought it would stop at the edge of the cup like I've done 3 times before but it had enough juice to drop in. :)

I had a putt that stopped about .3 from the cup (but sloping moderately towards it) and then it made a sucking sound and went in. Really weird but appreciated.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Gyah these last few challenges are so brutal. I wanna just grind them with characters I haven't leveled up but that's not even worth it. Have about 5 left currently on the within 3 ft of pin one on the mountain course. Gotten 3.5 like 10 times. Freaking holes are designed to basically prevent you from even getting properly within 3 it's only even realistically possible on about 3 of the holes.

Ah well, good challenge.

Bullza2o

Argh I suck at this game. After 99999 (more like 25) tries I finally have beaten the Silver 1st course. It's really hard now, but I'm hoping the more I play the more I can unlock even if I don't win the new courses. If I can get better items then I'd surely have better chances on the newer ones.

Argh I suck at this game. After 99999 (more like 25) tries I finally have beaten the Silver 1st course. It's really hard now, but I'm hoping the more I play the more I can unlock even if I don't win the new courses. If I can get better items then I'd surely have better chances on the newer ones.

You don't suck, that course is HELLISH.

I was stuck on that course for days.

tch

I was really unhappy with this game when I got it at launch. Really hated it. However, I was playing for like 4 hours lat night and it finally clicked! I'm digging it now. It helps that I learned spin

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I was really unhappy with this game when I got it at launch. Really hated it. However, I was playing for like 4 hours lat night and it finally clicked! I'm digging it now. It helps that I learned spin

Spin is HUGE! Not even just superspin but any old spin (my preference is backspin because I don't like paying too close attention to the run of the ball rather it just stick where I want it to roughly). I still find the no-spin tournaments and crowns quite rough.

bunbun777

Just got my first albatross on the last hole of an online 15 player tourney. Was really nice because I was in 2nd place but ending up winning, which was my first official win. Really got the heart pumping.

I think after the 101st daily tourney round, I have to quit cold turkey; it's just too addicting, even if playing the 3 daily rounds isn't that time consuming.

If all goes well, I should still finish in the top 3%.

The game is now really trolling me. I managed to get a near perfect line to the hole with my albatross shot - and the ball jumped the hole and landed 1m away ;_;

Surprisingly, I managed to fire a homing shot off normal backspin and twice reached 4th place in the international tourneys.

Number45

These crowns are killing me. The no spin one on 5-2 is murder, and having to play all the way through an 18 hole tournament just to (fail to) birdie the 18th on 5-4 is just cruel. :'(

I also have two hole in ones, both on unofficial rounds. They really shouldn't consider real golf rules unofficial.

EDIT: Playing my first proper online match, it's rather pleasant actually. Doing well considering I'm playing with a 0 loyalty character. ^_^

Number45

That teeny cup crown is TORMENTING ME! :(

jkzG5.jpg

Three consecutive birdies

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Is that the no-spin one? No spin + teeny + 3 birdies in a row = bleh. Thankfully I got it on the third or fourth try but man I haaaaate no spin.

krae_man

I've given up on caring about my ranking. I've had a couple horrible dailies that kicked me out of the top 10 and I probably have no chance of getting back in. I'll keep playing them in hopes of winning one.

Or if they ever have weekly or monthly leaderboards or a contest I might care about those. But as of right now. I'm happy I managed to get as high as 7th.

I've had a couple of approach shots on par 5's land an under a foot from the cup. This albatross better hurry up and get here.

I still have yet to get any of the shots trophies and the Hole in one and double eagle in an official round. I have been doing the dailies in hopes that I'll get one there but every time I am just a foot or so off of the pin so my homing shot spins on the green in no real direction instead of heading towards the hole. Using maxed Amy with Pin Hole club lvl 1 (haven't unlocked lvl2) or big air lvl 2 (depending on the course) clubs and the pin hole ball lvl 2. I just can't seem to line my shot up to thr right spot.

Number45

Do you need to buy all of the lobby parts for the store trophy? There's a separate trophy for 50% of the special/deluxe ones, but nothing for all of them.

Patch 1.04 details (Not out yet - due this Spring)

What’s coming in 1.04?

[Game Rooms]

Game Room Menu added to Lobby Menu, including Real Tournament, Stroke and Match Game Modes.

[Real Tournaments]

Grade Tournaments Implemented. Those who played Minna no Golf Online will be familiar with this system featuring the Grade Three, Grade Two, Grade One and Grade Zero rankings. Just like the new Grade Frees the records will be recorded for each tournament with more than 10 players.

[Daily Tournaments]

There will be a change to the Daily System. Tour Points and Tournament History will be reset with the upcoming 1.04 update. Record of the Top 100 Players will be saved and updated to the Minna no Golf Website.
The Champion of Season One will be decided!
Before the next update please try your best to increase your ranks!

Goodie, that update can't happen soon enough.

Found another thing they need to fix :p On the daily tournaments if you tie (same stroke count, same points) it doesn't show a tie like it should -- one player's just shown as finishing higher than the other(s). Tied for 10th the other day, it put me 11th. Tied for first tonight, put me second. I play mine pretty late in the day so maybe it gives it to whoever entered earlier, I dunno.

Number45

I now have only my three most dreaded crowns last (other than the last vs.). All consistency based: 4-2 (80% fairway) and 4-3/5-3 (keep GIR) - I'm getting great scores on the rounds, but mainly because my recovery is so good. :(

EDIT: Every time I bitch here I go straight back in and get one. 100% fairway rate! ^_^

MrPliskin

Banned
I don't really understand the fairway / par ones?

What do you need to do to maintain 100% par pace? Par every hole? Or birdie every hole?

Number45

As far as I can gather, par pace and GIR (green in regulation) are the same thing. Fairway rate seems to mean that at any time you're playing a shot that should hit a fairway (i.e. before the green).

Best guesses on my part, I'm sure someone can explain it better.

Syn23

I'm not totally sure that's what you need, but if you're looking for an explanation on GIR, here it is:
GIR is green(s) in regulation. This means the player hits the green in the number of shots determined as regulation. On a par three it is one shot, par four it is two shots and par five is three shots.
In HSG, when required, you have to fulfill the GIR requirements on every hole of the tournament.

krae_man

I now have only my three most dreaded crowns last (other than the last vs.). All consistency based: 4-2 (80% fairway) and 4-3/5-3 (keep GIR) - I'm getting great scores on the rounds, but mainly because my recovery is so good. :(

EDIT: Every time I bitch here I go straight back in and get one. 100% fairway rate! ^_^

Is one of those the one in the rain with Gale Force winds? That one was a bitch. I had my approach shot on the last hole roll on to the fringe like 3 times gah!

Number45

Is one of those the one in the rain with Gale Force winds? That one was a bitch. I had my approach shot on the last hole roll on to the fringe like 3 times gah!
Yeah, didn't help for me that I was levelling Pandora as well (Rain=:(). Have moved onto Izzak now though, hopefully I can get it done tonight! ^_^

krae_man

Yeah, didn't help for me that I was levelling Pandora as well (Rain=:(). Have moved onto Izzak now though, hopefully I can get it done tonight! ^_^
There are a couple of holes where you have to land your tee shot in a very specific place or you're screwed. You'll get it eventually.

Number45

There are a couple of holes where you have to land your tee shot in a very specific place or you're screwed. You'll get it eventually.
I've perfected it on all but the 6th now, which is the long par 4 with a break in the fairway and the wind is always a headwind. Best I can manage at the moment is getting to the absolute top of the bottom part with Izzak, but that leaves a tricky second to get it on... and of course when I do nail that one I screw up one of the others! :'(

Still, I can always try again with Max for that extra distance. I think he might end up as my go to character, that extra distance gives you so many options.

Number45

*tears of joy*

sP04G.jpg

Now I need to somehow get 46k more to get the last items in the shop (aside from the rest of the lobby parts). Any tips on the best way to go about getting them? I always play the dailies, but the online takes so damn long to get a match finished (entered an 18 hole tournament at about 21:05 and finished just before 22:00, only four people). :/

Challenges aren't going to give any bonus points now either.

depward

*tears of joy*

sP04G.jpg

Now I need to somehow get 46k more to get the last items in the shop (aside from the rest of the lobby parts). Any tips on the best way to go about getting them? I always play the dailies, but the online takes so damn long to get a match finished (entered an 18 hole tournament at about 21:05 and finished just before 22:00, only four people). :/

Challenges aren't going to give any bonus points now either.

Dailies are absolutely the best way to grind credits. No real tips other than on my way to the Plat, max loyalty grinding was playing 18 holes on the easiest courses. Prob the easiest / quickest way to earn credits.

I'm bombing on the dailies. Was 29tg now slipping a couple of spots each day :( the good players are catching up :)

Number45

Yeah as I still need a fair few of the skill based trophies, I'm playing through the first couple of 18 hole challenges. Quick enough and nets 8-10k a go, that and the dailies (and the odd online tournament, curious to see what the update adds there) should get me everything soon enough!

Pretty much haven't touched anything else on the Vita since I started this. £70 sitting in my PSN wallet ready to spend too!

hort22

Well I'm retiring from the dailies until they reset...missed the 1st 20 or so and got up to 132nd ranked...see you all online after the update.

Number45

Can't remember the last time I played a game that has laughed at me so damn much, and I KEEP coming back for more. :'(

OK, I think I need a break.

Number45

To bring this from the Vita thread... Top spin shot would be best for the water skipping? Most I have gotten was 1 skip.
Yeah, super spin if possible. I've managed to skip it five times (hole 5 on challenge 1-3) but each time it either doesn't make ground or it skips up to the grass verge and rolls back in (and if the ball sinks, the skips don't count).

I've also had more than one instance where I've missed the perfect impact and it's skipped, and where I've nailed the super topspin and the ball has hit the water and sunk. :(

Wind will play a factor as well I think, you really want a tailwind to keep the trajectory low and speed high.

Yeah, super spin if possible. I've managed to skip it five times (hole 5 on challenge 1-3) but each time it either doesn't make ground or it skips up to the grass verge and rolls back in (and if the ball sinks, the skips don't count).

I've also had more than one instance where I've missed the perfect impact and it's skipped, and where I've nailed the super topspin and the ball has hit the water and sunk. :(

Wind will play a factor as well I think, you really want a tailwind to keep the trajectory low and speed high.

I was thinking the same thing actually. I'll try that now. Outside of that any club and ball recommendations? using pin hole ball lvl 2 and big air club lvl 2 right now.

krae_man

I hit the aquaduct in the daily and eagled the hole! Then i hit a sailboat and double bogeyed a par 5 :(

edit: For grinding I always did the second 18 hole tournament. I could always get over 4000 points plus the slightly higher multiplier, plus the 3600 for winning. Overall, I'd get about 8500 points per 18 holes.

Top Bottom