• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

I was thinking the same thing actually. I'll try that now. Outside of that any club and ball recommendations? using pin hole ball lvl 2 and big air club lvl 2 right now.

If you're just aiming for the water skip trophy, use Spin clubs and balls. Don't worry about the side-spin ones.

If you're just aiming for the water skip trophy, use Spin clubs and balls. Don't worry about the side-spin ones.

Will switch to those then. Just got out of the pro ranks last night. I also got the trophy for the long drive by putting the ball on a aquaduct that put me right on the green. Love those little secret areas.

Number45

Will switch to those then. Just got out of the pro ranks last night. I also got the trophy for the long drive by putting the ball on a aquaduct that put me right on the green. Love those little secret areas.
Yeah, easiest place I found to get that was through the water wheel.

Finally put this back in last night to get back into it thanks to talking with Number45 in Vita gen thread.
did absolutely terribad in the dailies last night but im sure ill be back in 10% in no time.

Did the dailies last night, first one was awesome, top 25% or so (fantastic for me), did the 18 hole second and got the course average at the time so again not spectacular but not that bad, then I did the Harvest Hills 9 hole... double or triple bogey on each hole. I cannot express my hate for the Harvest Hills course.

Chris R

Finally unlocked easy mode :(

Is there a list somewhere of what all the different modifiers do?

Also, I don't like the points vs mode, since it seems like the CPU loves to land their shots far enough out so when they sink their birdie they get the long putt bonus :|

Number45

I actually got it on another green, randomly, after multiple tries on that very hole. Went 350.01 :D
^_^

Got 377 when hitting through the wheel. :)

Finally unlocked easy mode :(

Is there a list somewhere of what all the different modifiers do?

Also, I don't like the points vs mode, since it seems like the CPU loves to land their shots far enough out so when they sink their birdie they get the long putt bonus :|
I'm not sure what you mean by modifiers?

Agreed on the points. The amount of times the CPU 'fluffed' their first or second shot just so that they could chip in for the win!

I won my first daily tournament! :D

DailyTourVictory1.jpg

Chris R

^_^

Got 377 when hitting through the wheel. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by modifiers?

Agreed on the points. The amount of times the CPU 'fluffed' their first or second shot just so that they could chip in for the win!

I mean I know what Mega Cup is, but stuff like Impossible Pin and Crazy Cup don't seem to make a difference.

And ya, I was 2 up on a CPU today only for them to get a hole in one on the next hole after I stuck my ball within 8 feet :p

Number45

I mean I know what Mega Cup is, but stuff like Impossible Pin and Crazy Cup don't seem to make a difference.
No idea on crazy cup, but impossible pin just means that the pin is placed on a part of the green that's either difficult to hit accurately (usually near the front) or hard to putt out on.

Has Season 2 started yet? I missed a couple days while on Vacation. Hope I didn't fuck up season two as a result.
Nope, nothing on the patch/update yet.

Chris R

No idea on crazy cup, but impossible pin just means that the pin is placed on a part of the green that's either difficult to hit accurately (usually near the front) or hard to putt out on.

It was cup shuffle, and it just makes the order of holes random vs 1-18. Impossible Pin I got after finally seeing a splash screen about it.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Fuck silver seriously, I've always loved Hot Shots but this game is just getting infuriating now which is not a feeling I normally attach to this franchise, must of tried 5-1 and 5-2 about 100 times, best I've finished is 6th.

Bullza2o

Fuck silver seriously, I've always loved Hot Shots but this game is just getting infuriating now which is not a feeling I normally attach to this franchise, must of tried 5-1 and 5-2 about 100 times, best I've finished is 6th.

I couldn't beat any of them at all even on easy mode. Then Kid Icarus came out, so I took a long 1 week break from my Vita. I played it again a couple of days ago and finally got 1st. Maybe you should take a break too.

lowrider007

I couldn't beat any of them at all even on easy mode. Then Kid Icarus came out, so I took a long 1 week break from my Vita. I played it again a couple of days ago and finally got 1st. Maybe you should take a break too.

I think your right, I just came really close to smashing my Vita on the corner of my desk and I really don't normally rage at games, honestly the difficulty jump from Bronze to Silver is game breaking imo.

eznark

Banned

I'm stuck there too. I don't even bother trying anymore. I just play the dailies.

lowrider007

I'm stuck there too. I don't even bother trying anymore. I just play the dailies.

Just managed first in 5-2, such a relief, took me 6 hours straight playing, I refuse to use easy mode, I used a novice character, didn't even touch the W1, used the W3 with extra power most of the time off the tee for better control, played super safe shots and got lucky with some of the pin positions.

Kazerei

Banned
Just managed first in 5-2, such a relief, took me 6 hours straight playing, I refuse to use easy mode, I used a novice character, didn't even touch the W1, used the W3 with extra power most of the time off the tee for better control, played super safe shots and got lucky with some of the pin positions.

You'll have an easier time with a better character

I also prefer playing it safe, and going with high control and spin over power

Number45

I think 5-1 is the level that gave me the most trouble in the entire game. I might even have completed it after the entire of the rest of the silver levels were finished with.

As mentioned above, look for control (and impact, if that's something that you struggle to time well) above power. Spin is useful as well for stopping the ball quickly on tough greens. I used both pin hole ball and club from about silver onwards, and I'd recommend taking those to level 3 quickly.

I'm pretty sure that the next level appears when you buy the one that's available, although perhaps that's not the case?

It's not, it'll appear if you've unlocked it previously. I just got beat the gold levels and unlocked platinum but only two VS modes show up, are there no more normal tournaments in the platinum level?

Number45

It's not, it'll appear if you've unlocked it previously. I just got beat the gold levels and unlocked platinum but only two VS modes show up, are there no more normal tournaments in the platinum level?
I meant the club levels, I think once you buy level one the level two version automatically shows up for purchase?

As for the question about platinum rank, yeah it's just the two VS matches.

I meant the club levels, I think once you buy level one the level two version automatically shows up for purchase?

As for the question about platinum rank, yeah it's just the two VS matches.

Yeah I'm not 100% sure but I remember having to wait for the next level club to unlock before I could buy it.

Any folks looking for a fun league?

The playerone podcast forums has a league, run by yours truly, and season one is coming to a close and season 2 is starting next tuesday.

http://www.playeronepodcast.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7686&st=0&gopid=178524&#entry178524

We have a couple pretty skilled guys but i'd say the vast majority of us are average and it's a fun atmosphere. All are welcomed. Come check it out.

Cool I want to join I'm adding u under Maguss.

Number45

I've just had a look through the rules, it doesn't mention what time/format the tournaments take - or am I missing something?

lowrider007

1st placed 5-1 today on my first attempt (Normal difficulty), I guess having a break helped, the key on 5-1 and 5-2 is to play super safe shots, I'm always temped to use the w1 or take a short cut but you have to restrain yourself, it pays off in the end.

Jim

1st placed 5-1 today on my first attempt (Normal difficulty), I guess having a break helped, the key on 5-1 and 5-2 is to play super safe shots, I'm always temped to use the w1 or take a short cut but you have to restrain yourself, it pays off in the end.

5-1 and 5-2, I just went with pinhole equipment and played it super safe and basically went for par. CPU characters also bombing out at the end with +2 or +3 helped quite a bit.

Finished the Silver stars last night. I guess it's like real golf--you have good days and bad days. I've been doing better in the Challenge courses lately but bombing in the Daily tournaments. I'm a little afraid to see if I finished dead last in one of the ones from yesterday...hopefully the game fudges and adds a couple people behind you so you don't feel TOO horrible :p

Finished the Silver stars last night. I guess it's like real golf--you have good days and bad days. I've been doing better in the Challenge courses lately but bombing in the Daily tournaments. I'm a little afraid to see if I finished dead last in one of the ones from yesterday...hopefully the game fudges and adds a couple people behind you so you don't feel TOO horrible :p

Check it and make yourself feel better (unless shot +10 or something :p). The game's kinda weird in how it tabulates your provisional ranking during a round. You have to get pretty close to the "Average Score" people shot before it moves the needle up any.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm a little afraid to see if I finished dead last in one of the ones from yesterday...hopefully the game fudges and adds a couple people behind you so you don't feel TOO horrible :p

Heh, so you're my competition for not-last. I'm getting a lot better at this game due to the fact that I've spent an insane amount of time playing it this week, but I'm such a choke artist when it comes to the dailies. I usually shoot at least 5 over my average score. I'm glad to hear that I'm probably not really one of the worst players, lol.

Chris R

Why is real golf mode considered unofficial? Just got my first hole in one, but it counts for nothing due to it not being official :( Really like that mode though. Challenging in the right way.

Number45

Why is real golf mode considered unofficial? Just got my first hole in one, but it counts for nothing due to it not being official :( Really like that mode though. Challenging in the right way.
Same here, one of my only two came in that tournament. :(

My 10 year old daughter is now hooked on this. I'm hoping she might have more luck with the homing/spiral/hole-in-one shots that I'm missing on official rounds!

Number45

Finally picked up both my hole-in-one and homing shot on the last hole of the first of todays dailies. FUCK YEAH! Awesome shot.

Still the albatross, spiral shot and ball skipping one to go :(

lowrider007

Just got a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l 189.8y chip-in albatross, am now on Gold rank, God this game is amazing, so rewarding when you pull off good shots.

Number45

That's a tough one, it's AGES since I've played that game. I'm not usually one for golf games though and I really liked Mario Golf and I love this, if that helps.

I think I like that they don't take themselves too seriously aesthetically, but they both offer a good solid game of gold underneath. I do think EG wins purely on the golf experience though, for me.

EG doesn't get quite so silly in the latter stages with the geometry either, although it's still fiendishly hard.

Thinking of getting this game.

Where's the best place to buy it in the UK? Should I just get the digital version?

Edit: Just had a peek at the reviews in the OP. Are they a little low because it's pretty much the same game as the previous in the series? This would be my first Everybody's Golf game, however.

Number45

Edit: Just had a peek at the reviews in the OP. Are they a little low because it's pretty much the same game as the previous in the series? This would be my first Everybody's Golf game, however.
I think so, yes. The only other legitimate complaint (in my opinion, obviously) is that the online mode isn't all that well thought out as of right now. This month should see a patch to resolve that though (we don't have specifics on the patch at the moment).

The game is charming, packed full of content (a decent number of courses and challenges, along with the online) and deceptively deep in terms of mechanics - it's a tough game to master, but incredibly rewarding when you do so.

Number45

Does anyone have a list of the hidden trophies? I'm missing one of them and I can't find out what it is. :/

EDIT: Woo! First in all three dailies!

Player count: 1

Number45

Thanks. I thought it might be the shot selector one - does anyone know what the unlock requirements are for that? Because I have (and have the trophies for) homing/rising/spiral. :/

Top Bottom