• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Yanksfan

Posting the tournament here, with the latest results I have. If we don't get some of the other first round games played soon, we will look to see if anyone wants to sub in on the ones not really responding.

vitabroinauguraltournament_zps1e961094-1_zpseff213a4.png

Dwayne

I'm still keen, and if I do get in it would be preferable to play someone who is available 19:30-22:30 NZT weekdays, and any waking hour weekends. I'd convert the times but I'm on the train home. :)

Mr E.

Subscribing to this thread. I've only recently put any real effort into this title.

I'm up for compititions providing the timezones don't provide an issue.

Still unlocking stuff but I'm getting there.
Silver tour up next.

Any Virtual golfers looking for friends my ID is spagetti69.

Yanksfan

Thanks for the update guys. I have sent off PMs to those that I have not heard from or seen anything posted in the threads. Its possible I missed something too, so we'll give them a chance and see if they respond to me and set something up with their opponent. If not, we will move forward.

STG

after all the Golf talk in the Vita thread I started playing again today and instantly realised why I took such a long break from the game

the later courses are just insanely difficult, I really need to add a wrist strap to my vita or else it will land on a wall soon :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
after all the Golf talk in the Vita thread I started playing again today and instantly realised why I took such a long break from the game

the later courses are just insanely difficult, I really need to add a wrist strap to my vita or else it will land on a wall soon :(

Yeah, the Legacy Course (I think that's what it's called) is infuriating.

Yanksfan

I can't wait to hit those. :D

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Yeah, the Legacy Course (I think that's what it's called) is infuriating.

yeah exactly.

ive been stuck on the silver level for SO long now.... only beat the mega cup on that level...was about to win the first match of Silver, but the last 2 holes eff me up EVERY TIME.

tiny hilly greens with DEEP traps surrounding. so every chip out of the trap either dont get out of the trap or land on the green and roll off into another trap...

anyways glad thers some activity with this game. im always up for a round or 2. the more people the better i think, no matter the skill level.

should be able to get a more structured tourny after Yanks finishes where we have skill levels and timezones for everyone.

yay! happy golfing. (f*ck this game)

Might as well put this in here. Vita version in Japan is now at 1.13:

http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=555

Update 1.04 [51MB] + 1.13 [388MB]:

System

Adjusted Game Balance
Adjusted Course Difficulty
Updated Shortcut Chat Comments
Enabled XMB Access during Online Mode. [PlayStation 3]

Game Room

Voice Chat for Stroke + Match Game Rooms. [PlayStation 3]

Real Tournament - Following Slot Mode Rules Added:

Auto Impact
No Flyers
Random Flyers
Tornado Cup 1m 2m 3m

Daily Tournament

Specifications Modified.

Others

Bugs Fixed.

Just to re-iterate, this is for Japan only! Westerners are stuck dead at the pre-DLC stage :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's hilarious that Clap Hanz won't release the DLC in the west. WTF is the hold-up?

Finally beat the game, had to use easy for the last couple of stars. Will try to finish the ones i missed and get as much points and unlocks and try to beat them again on normal. Such a hard game.

Was wondering does anyone know if the Vita and PS3 players can play mp together?

TheSeks

I know that feel, bro. I keep getting Double Bogeys on this second course and I DO NOT WANT EASY MODE. I keep quitting as I tumble to +5 +10 strokes.

Me and OOnsk finally played our game last night - He won 2-0, destroyed me on the first round and only just win the second :(

OK so pics from our HSG match last night!

Talking in the lobby;
BMAgSGq.jpg

Getting ready for the second round;
qUKyzHK.jpg

The final score on the second round;
MlwTrzq.jpg

And the final scores;
GSzR5N1.jpg

Was great fun :)

Pachimari

Are any of you playing tonight? It's been some time since I were online the last time and I have developed as a player. I really wanna play against you guys again. =)

I've been told that there's a patch out now in Europe. Anyone able to check what it was? I know there was some maintenance this morning.

Number45

I've been told that there's a patch out now in Europe. Anyone able to check what it was? I know there was some maintenance this morning.
Typical, the one day I don't bring my Vita to work. :'(

Hopefully it's a meaningful update, I need something to prod me to go for that last trophy again.

Allforce

Can anyone break down some of the more advanced techniques in this game? I'm using Yuna exclusively so far, have just started Pro challenges, and have about 55,000 dollars in cash.

I see opponents using Spin but I have no idea how to make my ball spin in any direction after it lands. Also I'm confused on how to make the ball hook or slick on purpose around obstacles that might be in my way. I know you can do this but I can't seem to find a tutorial in-game.

Number45

You need to press the d-pad in the direction of where you want to spin the ball. So for example, if you want to apply backspin you would hit on the bottom of the ball; topspin would be the top. With that in mind:

Topspin = up
Backspin = down
Sidespin = left/right as appropriate

To confuse things further you have the super version of those spins, and to achieve those you hold the opposite as you set the power, then normal as set impact.

Super topspin = down when setting power/up when setting impact
Super backspin = up when setting power/down when setting impact
Super sidespin = left/right then right/left as appropriate.

Not specifying which side for hook slice because I can't remember at the moment. :p

You need to unlock the super versions as well by gaining loyalty with your character. Also remember that different characters have better spin stats - same with the balls and clubs.

ALSO be aware that the normal rules of golf apply. So the club you're using impacts how much spin you can put on the ball - the more lofted the club the more spin you can get. Same as how wind speed affects the flight based on the trajectory etc.

Golf is a deceptively deep game. :)

For me personally, the most important is backspin. Get used to that first - being able to stop the balls quickly on the green is incredibly important.

EDIT: They're not on screen for long, but the loading screens actually give you most of these tips. You can check them out from the menu (media menu I think).

Right, here we are:

Turn-based Challenge Mode now available (Asynchonous message play - Friends only)

4-player stroke mode multiplayer rooms now available
Game Balance adjustments (Impact zone on tee shot now gives more room for error - based on impact stat)
New Visual Lobby online
*New items available (3 new courses and characters Gloria, Kat and Erika)
Changes to how you get items (?)
Real tournament award specifications changed
Daily International Tournament specifications changed
Other fixes

* Placeholders - they're not purchasable yet.

The first one is the biggie. Can't believe it's taken this long :p

Oh, Async is 3G only? :(

It's Wi-Fi and 3G. You're basically sending PSN messages to your friend with the game data attached to it.

EDIT: Having finally got a round started, you'll find that it's hole by hole play. You play a hole, send the data to your friend. Your friend receives a message, and gets to watch your shot. Then he can take his turn and this continues until the end of the round.

moogrose

Could one not sort an asynchronous tournament - it would probably have a better chance of completeing that way

If so - I'm in.

moogrose

I don't mind setting up the tournament if there's enough folk who are intrested.

All in favour say "Aye".

EDIT: Although i do also need to unlock a bunch again...

winjet81

Just a couple of impressions to note from this update:

- I've already seen some course modifications: for example they got rid of the big tree between the bunkers on La Provence Hole #8 out. Anyone else see any others?

- The moving dots on the putting green have been greatly improved to give a better indication of the putting surface angles.

- Impact Zone has been adjusted to better reflect the golfers' skill in that category

- It looks like a PS3 version is immanent: playing 4 player stroke mode, a message on the bottom of the set-up screen said that "this mode not compatible with PS3 version"... why bother having this message if a PS3 version wasn't coming?

TheSeks

Well, the thing is: This patch is the same as Japan. I'm pretty sure they (SCEJ/WW) just translated that into English like Demon's Souls and a few other "Japan only" (planned, except Demon's Souls blew up and got localized) titles had. Who knows, it'd be nice for the title to come out on PS3 for the sake of a bigger player base, but we dunno.

Top Bottom