• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Mr E.

Hi chaps, just fired up me ole Vita and received a challenge from Mongrose.

I've noticed he hasn't got a top level player or clubs. Now to be sporting I will select a similar ranked player, but I can't nerf my clubs or balls.

Just a heads up for future tourneys etc. I think the host can set limits on characters that can be selected etc. maybe that should be set out in rules or something.

Edit to add. I have just sent Allforce a challenge request, actually I sent 2. The first one I sent had max level clubs and balls so I sent another. I limited the balls/Clubs to standard. I used Chang who is a level 3. This way Allforce only has to level up Chang if he wants and then we are on level terms.

moogrose

That's really good of you Mr. E... Although I would have been happier to beat your higher leveled player ;)

Looking forward to the game.

Edit: for the new page...

The round robin matches are 9 (IN or OUT) holes on either Maple Leaf, Kagurayama C.C. or Harvest Hills (inviters choice!)

The semi will be 9 holes on a course of those players choosing. Finals will be 18 holes of those players choosing.

Each player should initially send friend requests for the other 4 players in their group (there will be some overlap of course). Then match starters are as follows:

GROUP A
1. Mr E. (spagetti69) starts matches with: Iacobllis, Allforce
2. Iacobellis starts matches with: Allforce, Moogrose
3. Allforce (AllforcePSN) starts matches with: Moogrose, Andlysun
4. Moogrose starts matches with: Andylsun, Mr E.
5. Andylsun starts matches with: Mr E., Iacobellis

GROUP B
1. bearcatjosh starts matches with: BlindMonkey, baxter2231
2. BlindMonkey starts matches with: baxter2231, GillatheGorilla
3. baxter2231 starts matches with: GillaTheGorilla, Number45
4. GillaTheGorilla (Jemile) starts matches with: Number45, bearcatjosh
5. Number45 starts matches with: bearcatjosh, BlindMonkey

The winners of each match are responsible for posting a screenshot of match results, so i can keep track of points.

Other than that - no special rules. If nothing makes sense, or someone has any issues/questions, let me know.

Finally, I'll be sponsoring some sort of prize to keep it interesting - a game/PSN card or something of that sort!

Mr E.

That's really good of you Mr. E... Although I would have been happier to beat your higher leveled player ;)

Looking forward to the game.
Jokes aside, Izzak can hit a ball onto the green in 1 hit on a par 4 hole on maple leaf, not very fair really.

Edit I'm crap anyway, no bonuses for beating me lol.

moogrose

I really do apreciate your sportsmanship. Thanks.

Iacobellis has yet to show up to the party, how long do we give him before giving his spot to BlindMonkey?

Anyone missing in group B?

Edit: just shot my absolute worst hole of the tournament thus far against Mr. E - my cat distracted me. Honest.

Normally I'm uncaringly calm, but put me in a tournament setting and I'm shitting kittens with each shot.

Allforce

I got your challenges Mr. E, I assumed the "use this for gaf tour" one was the one you wanted so I rejected the other offer.

I'm ok with no handicapping so don't feel like you can't use your best guy/girl.

edit: I need Andylsun to accept my friend request so we can get cracking.

Number45

Wow, not filling myself with glory on the green tonight after some decent approach shots. >_<

EDIT: So naturally I fuck up my next approach.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, finally updating. Hopefully the changed courses will make the game easier to unlock things in. Dat second course unlocked. WTF.

Number45

And I went and blew it on the 9th hole. Gutted.
:(

It was close to that point as well, that long putt should have won it for you.

EDIT: Results.

OTy0sLY.jpg

andylsun

Mr E, I've sent you a challenge, as I think that's what it said on the group list. Shall I decline the challenge you sent me?

Iacobellis has not responded to my friend request yet.

I missed an birdie on the par 3 8th hole so moogrose, I need you to score +3 on the last

andylsun

7.49 all in - that's not bad... Hope we can use them in tournament and online.

Missed a 57ft eagle putt by 2ft on the last hole of my match.

I'll be buying the whole pack, needed new courses and golfers to keep it interesting.

Gloria was one of my favourites on the ps3, can't wait to try kat :)

kiyomi

Sooo I think there might be a problem with me participating in this tournament. I downloaded the patch and stuff onto my Vita, and when I tried to go into the online mode, it said I needed to use my multiplayer code. I don't remember doing this on my EU account, but now I think about it, this game does have an online pass. I just don't recall putting it in.

I can either switch to my EU account (which I don't really want to do), or I'm gonna have to bail out of this tournament.

I'm really sorry, guys.

moogrose

Well played Mr. E... Close match, really enjoyed it. Cant believe I chocked on the final par 5. Argh.

(Mr. E totally walked all over me)

EDIT: sorry to see you go monosukoi.

@BlindMonkey - you still game for a spot in the tourney?

Or anyone else keen to jump in to other free spots??

Mr E.

Moogrose you do yourself a great disservice there. An unlucky bunker shot at the end let me off the hook. Your accuracy on the sweet spot is better than mine. My 44 years have screwed my reaction times. At -7 each its hardly a walk over.

Ill send you another challenge if I may, no need for quick responses ill set an 18 hole up, if ya don't mind for fun.

moogrose

Moogrose you do yourself a great disservice there. An unlucky bunker shot at the end let me off the hook. Your accuracy on the sweet spot is better than mine. My 44 years have screwed my reaction times. At -7 each its hardly a walk over.

Ill send you another challenge if I may, no need for quick responses ill set an 18 hole up, if ya don't mind for fun.

Absolutely, I look forward to it.

Well played Mr. E... Close match, really enjoyed it. Cant believe I chocked on the final par 5. Argh.

(Mr. E totally walked all over me)

EDIT: sorry to see you go monosukoi.

@BlindMonkey - you still game for a spot in the tourney?

Or anyone else keen to jump in to other free spots??

Yeah, i'm still up for it.

Allforce

I can't for the life of me get any higher than 19th on the first Silver Class challenge course. 9 holes. I was as high as 6th on the final hole, down 3 strokes, and got a +7 on the final hole to finish 20th.

And I'm playing Easy Mode!

TheSeks

Man, I wish I could upload this shot to Youtube. Basically bounced the ball with a perfect impact off the sandtrap twice, onto the green. Thereby lining myself up for a 6 foot birdie. Felt awesome to nail that shot.

Still haven't nailed a 60ft putt. I don't even notice a change in the grid/putting with this new patch.

joeblow

One of my favorite Vita games gets some cool DLC! Well, at least the courses are cool. There are no new characters to buy unless you want (even more) leggy Euro blonde women. C'mon Clap Hanz, how about SOME variety!

TheSeks

BFXLGfFCcAAjOVU.jpg

BFXLL9jCcAElTHb.jpg

Best round of golf on that course
on Easy
I've played yet. I was just birdie-ing nearly every hole in my way. Too bad I got a double-bogey due to hitting a hill and couldn't get the ball up and over the hump in the way of that hill to the green. :(

moogrose

Excuse the double post...

First off! BlindMonkey joins in place of monosukoi, welcome BlindMonkey, if you could send out friend requests to others in your group, which now looks like this:

GROUP B
1. bearcatjosh starts matches with: BlindMonkey, baxter2231
2. BlindMonkey starts matches with: baxter2231, GillatheGorilla
3. baxter2231 starts matches with: GillaTheGorilla, Number45
4. GillaTheGorilla (Jemile) starts matches with: Number45, bearcatjosh
5. Number45 starts matches with: bearcatjosh, BlindMonkey

Some Results:

Mr. E and I tied the game on holes, but Mr. E pulled ahead on points, snatching victory from my cold shaking hands.

AllForce had a bunch of unlucky shots, and the wind really sucked the air from both our sails...

Updated Points:

8UOoGAF.jpg

Right, I've sent friend requests to the 4 others in my group, once accepted i'll send invites from the game.

Thanks for including me moogrose :)

Number45

Invite is out BlindMonkey, so all of my matches are either complete or in progress. Better character this time, sorry! Just starting with whatever character I'm earning loyalty with. :)

moogrose

Invite is out BlindMonkey, so all of my matches are either complete or in progress. Better character this time, sorry! Just starting with whatever character I'm earning loyalty with. :)

So everyone in group B is in play?? Good news. I think we need a substitute for Iacobellis in Group A - any takers!?

@HiddenAway, @TheSeks - You got 3 free spots to spare and jump in!?!

Number45

Platinum challenge down in no time at all this time around, crazy how much easier it is second time around. Just need to go back and fill in the crowns.

Top Bottom