• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

moogrose

So far I got the following down for a tourney:

Mr E.
Iacobellis
Allforce
Moogrose
Andylsun

Who else? - I mean, you would be playing with all the cool kids! Add your yourselves to the list!

andylsun

Damn, away from my vita for a week (picked the 3DS instead for this trip). Looking forward to the update. Will try to get into some async tournaments when I get home.

Edit: Aye for a tournament if it starts next week or later - is the new patch EU only or US as well.

Iacobellis

Damn, away from my vita for a week (picked the 3DS instead for this trip). Looking forward to the update. Will try to get into some async tournaments when I get home.

Edit: Aye for a tournament if it starts next week or later - is the new patch EU only or US as well.

Patch is for US and EU.

Mr E.

Copied from the Vita general thread.

Played the daily int tourney (18 holes) on HSG today. Man I don't know what that update fully contains but the day to night transition on the last 3 holes looks gorgeous. Not sure if graphical upgrades were part of the deal but it seems on another level to what I've been accustomed too.

Anastacio if your reading this I've sent you a turn based challenge request. I've set the reply time to 72hrs so no rush. I also selected novice characters with standard clubs in case you haven't unlocked everthing.

Anyone else wanting a golf buddy for leaderboards, turn based tourneys or general golf hi jinx add spagetti69. (No H in spag(H)etti).

Love this game.

kiyomi

So far I got the following down for a tourney:

Mr E.
Iacobellis
Allforce
Moogrose
Andylsun

Who else? - I mean, you would be playing with all the cool kids! Add your yourselves to the list!

Put me in! I'm always up for putting balls in holes.

sorry

I would join but the last one isnt even completed so i have doubts this one will be different. I declare myself the winner of the last one then lol

moogrose

I would join but the last one isnt even completed so i have doubts this one will be different. I declare myself the winner of the last one then lol

Hopefully the async play means it will complete. I'll update the list of potential tournament candidates tomorrow and see where we stand... I'm adding HiddenAway to that list - as I know he has no friends and needs to be forcefully included.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

But if you're doing Async there's no reason anyone can't do it. Simply check your PSN messages daily on the portable and if you have a message to play your shot, play your shot?

It's slower but it's guaranteed if people keep checking their messages.

Allforce

How are you doing more than just 1v1 on this? I see a previous post mentions up to 20 players but I can't figure that out when trying to set a match up.

Also how to set up the variables for each player to be determined via a spin on the slot/price machine?

moogrose

Right - So with the current 9 (if i've missed you let me know!) I think I can almost put together a schedule. If no one else joins in the next 24 hours I'll post up the rules and regulations. Although it would be good to have one more person to make it a nice round number

I'm thinking of starting with a round robin (given the a-sync play) and then we'll move into quater/semi finals etc.

The list thus far:
Mr E. (spagetti69)
Iacobellis
Allforce
Moogrose
Andylsun
bearcatjosh
Monosukoi
baxter2231
GillaTheGorilla (Jemile)

You still have 24 hours if you want in!!

Right - So with the current 10 (if i've missed you let me know!) I think I can put together a schedule. If no one else joins in the next 24 hours I'll post up the rules and regulations.

I'm thinking of starting with a round robin (given the a-sync play) and then we'll move into quater/semi finals etc.

The list thus far:
Mr E. (spagetti69)
Iacobellis
Allforce
Moogrose
Andylsun
bearcatjosh
Monosukoi
baxter2231
GillaTheGorilla (Jemile)
HiddenAway

You still have 24 hours if you want in!!

I have no room in friends list to add any more so I can't participate :(

Number45

OK, I've started again. Still unlocking things but count me in for the tournament.

Just accidentally started a challenge as a left hander, it's more disorienting than it should be.

moogrose

We have the following players in the tournament - if you want out, or if your PSN account is different from whats listed here - let me know. Assumption is you psn is the same as your GAF account unless shown in parenthesis.

GROUP A
1. Mr E. (spagetti69)
2. Iacobellis
3. Allforce (allforcePSN)
4. Moogrose
5. Andylsun

GROUP B
1. bearcatjosh
2. Monosukoi (MonosukoiJP)
3. baxter2231
4. GillaTheGorilla (Jemile)
5. Number45

I've split us into two initial round robin groups. You'll get 2 points for a win, 0 for a loss. The top 2 players in each group will play semi finals, and the winners from that will go onto the finals. The semi finals setup will be the Winner of Group A vs Second Group B, and Winner Group B vs Second Group A. If there is a draw for the top spots in the round robin, the lower ranked players will have a 3 hole play-off.

The round robin matches are 9 (IN or OUT) holes on either Maple Leaf, Kagurayama C.C. or Harvest Hills (inviters choice!)

The semi will be 9 holes on a course of those players choosing. Finals will be 18 holes of those players choosing.

Each player should initially send friend requests for the other 4 players in their group (there will be some overlap of course). Then match starters are as follows:

GROUP A
1. Mr E. (spagetti69) starts matches with: Iacobllis, Allforce
2. Iacobellis starts matches with: Allforce, Moogrose
3. Allforce (AllforcePSN) starts matches with: Moogrose, Andlysun
4. Moogrose starts matches with: Andylsun, Mr E.
5. Andylsun starts matches with: Mr E., Iacobellis

GROUP B
1. bearcatjosh starts matches with: Monosukoi, baxter2231
2. Monosukoi (MonosukoiJP) starts matches with: baxter2231, GillatheGorilla
3. baxter2231 starts matches with: GillaTheGorilla, Number45
4. GillaTheGorilla (Jemile) starts matches with: Number45, bearcatjosh
5. Number45 starts matches with: bearcatjosh, Monosukoi

The winners of each match are responsible for posting a screenshot of match results, so i can keep track of points.

Other than that - no special rules. If nothing makes sense, or someone has any issues/questions, let me know.

Finally, I'll be sponsoring some sort of prize to keep it interesting - a game/PSN card or something of that sort!

Get those invites out, and let the asynchronous matches begin!

l0T2Gxe.png

Number45

Seeing how far I can get through challenge mode without buying any new characters or equipment this time around. First two and a bit tiers down. :)

Friend requests out to the people I'm paired with.

Seeing how far I can get through challenge mode without buying any new characters or equipment this time around. First two and a bit tiers down. :)

Friend requests out to the people I'm paired with.

Request accepted and match set up and sent to you. Looking forward to this. Thanks Moogrose for setting this up.

Number45

Request accepted and match set up and sent to you. Looking forward to this. Thanks Moogrose for setting this up.
I replied to your message, is there any way to actually start the game or did you have to get an accept from me before you could start?

EDIT: bearcatjosh, I just sent you a blank message by accident. >_<

It won't let me select anything other than Maple Leaf course, I assume because my current online rank is so low?

moogrose

I replied to your message, is there any way to actually start the game or did you have to get an accept from me before you could start?

EDIT: bearcatjosh, I just sent you a blank message by accident. >_<

It won't let me select anything other than Maple Leaf course, I assume because my current online rank is so low?

Maple leaf is in the running, so you ok.

You have to accept the initial request then the match gets started. It can be a bit slow sometimes - but hopefully this (async play) assures we'll actually finish the tournament.

Number45

Yeah, got it thanks. Sent a game request to bearcatjosh, which is as much as I can do for now (Monosukoi hasn't accepted my FR, although as his profile doesn't appear I wonder if the PSN ID is correct). We're off. ^_^

Excuse my using crappy characters/equipment, I'll try and put up a fight

moogrose

First match with andylsun is well under way, and terribly nerve wracking - I think I'm to bed soon Andy, I'll pick it up with you tomorrow again.

I do so love asynchronous play.

Edit: if you could just par or bogey the next hole please, thanks.

I'd love to join in on any tournaments, only just noticed this thread had been bumped this month and downloading the update now.

PSN: BlindMonkey

Yeah, we're on track now.

I see the daily tournaments are still laborious to get through.

EDIT: Wait, there's only one daily now? Was three the last time I was playing them. :/

Been like that since July.

You play one round. Score gets converted to points for the weekly table. Tournaments run from Tuesday to Sunday with Monday being the final results and rest day.

So now, I only have to spend about 20 minutes on the dailies!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
**** this game ****ing **** it ****.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH..

I've been playing 6-5 nearly everyday since release and I still can't beat it on normal difficulty, I'm not moving down to easy, this game is waaaaaay to hard normal.

andylsun

First match with andylsun is well under way, and terribly nerve wracking - I think I'm to bed soon Andy, I'll pick it up with you tomorrow again.

I do so love asynchronous play.

Edit: if you could just par or bogey the next hole please, thanks.

After your 100 yard chip in Eagle on the first hole I think I'm already screwed! Loving the format and I did take a few hours off to file my business taxes (ugh)

Edit: Down 2 strokes with two holes to go - would be really nice if you could hit one in a lake, moogrose

Allforce

I'm AllforcePSN for any fellow Group A'ers. "Allforce" was considered offensive when I signed up for PSN years ago. I sent out Friend Requests to a few moments ago.

moogrose

I'd love to join in on any tournaments, only just noticed this thread had been bumped this month and downloading the update now.

PSN: BlindMonkey

If this one goes well I'm sure there will be more - and if someone doesn't show up in time to play this one I'll let you know and you can jump in their place.

Number45

Been like that since July.

You play one round. Score gets converted to points for the weekly table. Tournaments run from Tuesday to Sunday with Monday being the final results and rest day.

So now, I only have to spend about 20 minutes on the dailies!
Is that 20 minutes per week, or can you still do one a day?

EDIT: Matches with bearcatjosh and GillaTheGorilla on the go. :)

EDIT2: Bronze rank down with the original characters/equipment. Something tells me silver won't be so easy. :p

kiyomi

I forgot to say that I'm currently playing on a Japanese account and I'm not gonna switch back to my main account any time soon.

PSN is : MonosukoiJP

Number45

I forgot to say that I'm currently playing on a Japanese account and I'm not gonna switch back to my main account any time soon.

New invite en route.

EDIT: Crowned the first silver tournament. It's funny, but the lack of temptation to push my luck on these courses arguably makes them easier.

moogrose

I've updated the group listings with folks PSN Names.

@Andylsun - This (European) evening I'll be back to our game!

andylsun

@Andylsun - This (European) evening I'll be back to our game!

I'm on the US east coast - I did a hole this morning so should be waiting for you.

Edit:
Crowned the first silver tournament. It's funny, but the lack of temptation to push my luck on these courses arguably makes them easier.

I think golf in general is about playing within your limits. I've started throttling down from 1W to 3/5W on tee shots to get more predictability... moogrose is still crushing me thou.

Is that 20 minutes per week, or can you still do one a day?

EDIT: Matches with bearcatjosh and GillaTheGorilla on the go. :)

EDIT2: Bronze rank down with the original characters/equipment. Something tells me silver won't be so easy. :p

20 minutes a day. I usually fit 18 holes in around that time.

Top Bottom