• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Allforce

Every time I get a shot to get back into the match I blow a putt or a approach shot completely.

Gahhh real golf is less frustrating.

Every time I get a shot to get back into the match I blow a putt or a approach shot completely.

Gahhh real golf is less frustrating.

yea i keep thinking to myself i may aswell be playing real golf lol

Im rusty so im doing terribly but even when i was fresh the game is just to hard. i dont even bother attempting the side spin stuff. usually doing back or front spin really messing my timing up and the shot is awful. To manny characters and stats,wind,gradient,height,weather, etc things to account for, even if you properly do that u mess up the timming. game is hardcore

Allforce

Christ, 2 Eagles by Mr. E was the difference. I really need to get some guys powered up, this rocker dude blows.

You guys sink 60 foot putts without even blinking an eye, it's insane. Just 2 seconds to move the reticle and you're dropping it in the cup. Unreal. I'm sitting here taking forever measuring up distance and slope and can barely sink a 15 footer if I'm lucky.

Mr E.

Christ, 2 Eagles by Mr. E was the difference. I really need to get some guys powered up, this rocker dude blows.

You guys sink 60 foot putts without even blinking an eye, it's insane. Just 2 seconds to move the reticle and you're dropping it in the cup. Unreal. I'm sitting here taking forever measuring up distance and slope and can barely sink a 15 footer if I'm lucky.

Lol the replays cut out the aiming times and go straight to the shot. I'm not Robo putter, your replays are quick too.

Number45

yea i keep thinking to myself i may aswell be playing real golf lol

Im rusty so im doing terribly but even when i was fresh the game is just to hard. i dont even bother attempting the side spin stuff. usually doing back or front spin really messing my timing up and the shot is awful. To manny characters and stats,wind,gradient,height,weather, etc things to account for, even if you properly do that u mess up the timming. game is hardcore
To be fair I've hit the game pretty hard again over the last few days. So I was rusty, but it didn't take long to get over that (evidenced by the fact that I've already unlocked
Izzak
again after starting from scratch this week).

Good game anyway, thanks. :)

Result:

7Pan42K.jpg

To be fair I've hit the game pretty hard again over the last few days. So I was rusty, but it didn't take long to get over that (evidenced by the fact that I've already unlocked
Izzak
again after starting from scratch this week).

Good game anyway, thanks. :)

Result:

that last hole i was already down like 2 so i tried a desperate and risky shot and failed miserably lol
im lossing the other games aswell lol

Allforce

Lol the replays cut out the aiming times and go straight to the shot. I'm not Robo putter, your replays are quick too.

This makes way too much sense, I'm an idiot.

If anyone wants to just play for fun shoot me an invite with like "practice round". I always got my Vita on me and can see the notifications to play a round.

Mr E.

After an epic round I pipped Allforce.
Spagetti69 -7 Points 1986
AllforcePSN -4 Points 1580

Moogrose I captured the screen image and sent you a copy via PSN messaging, if that's ok with you.

Game underway with GillaTheGorilla :)

Waiting for baxter2231 to accept the invite and start the game.

Waiting for number45 to restart our game, i had problems where the game/vita didn't recognize him as a friend and therefore the game wouldn't let me play.

Waiting for bearcatjosh to send me an invite.

Mr E.

Wales are playing England for the 6 nations championship in rugby for those who don't know.
My mate has persuaded me to go down the pub, hence I can't see me playing any shots today folks because ill be inebriated, (pants on head and such)

Andy and I are on a knife point atm. Sorry Andy for any inconvenience mate. Better I let you know so your not checking your vita today.

andylsun

Wales are playing England for the 6 nations championship in rugby for those who don't know.
My mate has persuaded me to go down the pub, hence I can't see me playing any shots today folks because ill be inebriated, (pants on head and such)

Andy and I are on a knife point atm. Sorry Andy for any inconvenience mate. Better I let you know so your not checking your vita today.

Thanks! I will be cheering for Wales - don't think it's on TV over here but a pub is the best place to watch it

Edit: it's on BBC America, result!

Number45

I think I know why I can only select the first course for the multi - I haven't bought the memberships for the others yet, which I assume you need.

EDIT: Damn, I wish they'd properly unify the PSN message boxes, or at lest allow me to set the PS3 not to receive Vita messages.

I think I know why I can only select the first course for the multi - I haven't bought the memberships for the others yet, which I assume you need.

EDIT: Damn, I wish they'd properly unify the PSN message boxes, or at lest allow me to set the PS3 not to receive Vita messages.

I hate how every invite i send, is sent to my ps3.

andylsun

I hate how every invite i send, is sent to my ps3.

Crap, haven't powered on my ps3 for a couple of weeks. Guess I am in for a inbox explosion

Edit: Wales are winning and I'm spending the afternoon skiing in the sunshine - doesn't get much better than this

Mr E, if you are supporting England I expect a massive hangover tomorrow

moogrose

Might not be the results some folk are interested in this evening, however...

Number45 continues to dominate group B (at least while no other games have results!) and Mr E. is kicking bootay in group A.

yX89PWm.jpg

@Iacobellis - Are you jumping in soon? I still have a friend request awaiting you approval. If it ain't there you can pop me one, PSN in as i am here.

Mr E.

Close game, we only put 27 points on England. Woohoo.

Ain't going near the vita, I'm struggling to type this. Auto correct rules.

andylsun

Might not be the results some folk are interested in this evening, however...

Number45 continues to dominate group B (at least while no other games have results!) and Mr E. is kicking bootay in group A.

Mr E is one shot up with 1 hole to go in our match. Hoping for a hangover induced catastrophie tomorrow after celebrating the rugby today

andylsun

andylsun beats Allforce. Great Game and at least 2 of my shots were flukes!

Had my first ever 50ft putt on the 9th hole and unlocked Putting Pro trophy.

51PN5IRl.jpg

rObit

Banned
Finally got around to clearing enough space on the memory card for the patch, still rocking the 4 gig stick.

Seems I missed out on the tourney this time around, but if anyone wants to play a pick-up ASync game my PSN is Bentley62

moogrose

Mr E is one shot up with 1 hole to go in our match. Hoping for a hangover induced catastrophie tomorrow after celebrating the rugby today

Ha - if anything Mr E is gonna be filled with confidence! For your sake, hopefully unfounded.

Seems I missed out on the tourney this time around, but if anyone wants to play a pick-up ASync game my PSN is Bentley62
Anyway I can get in on some Async play or the tourney?

PSN: Reluctant-Hero.

I'll certainly hit you up for some games. If there's an opening in the tourney I'll post it up here, so keep a look out.

Results from games

Well done y'all - I'll update the scoreboard in a bit - which is starting to look interesting.

EDIT:

ibGqSGR.jpg

Mr E.

Andy, Mr E. has played his shot. No spoilers but the replay might have you butting your nails.

Last hole par 5 to go mate.

Those looking for async play can add me. spagetti69. As a side note it might be worth adding what you have unlocked etc. to get a level field it's a good idea to have similar characters. I have everything unlocked so feel free to pick what you want and I will use similar.

Edit I'm still waiting on lacobellis to accept friend request.

moogrose

Edit I'm still waiting on lacobellis to accept friend request.

@lacobellis, I don't wanna be a dick about this, but we do want to keep the tournament moving along... If by Monday morning I haven't got an invite from you, we'll hand your place off to someone who wants it.

Edit: I am nervous for you Andy - don't mess it up! ;)

andylsun

Andy, Mr E. has played his shot. No spoilers but the replay might have you butting your nails.

Last hole par 5 to go mate.

Ooh, thought you would have dropped a shot there, good recovery. Last hole done so good luck

Edit: friend requests sent for some extra async play. I have most of the characters unlocked but happy to use lower level golfers

andylsun

All done Andy. I won't spoil the result yet.

Oh my goodness - thought you would have still birdied from the bunker. Great game! Want to play a 18 hole outside of the neogaf tourney? You can pick the course.

Do I upload the screenshot or do you?

Edit: When did Content Manager get Wifi support! And why does it crash so much on my mac...

1IoFIADl.jpg

Mr E.

Oh my goodness - thought you would have still birdied from the bunker. Great game! Want to play a 18 hole outside of the neogaf tourney? You can pick the course.

Do I upload the screenshot or do you?

Edit: When did Content Manager get Wifi support! And why does it crash so much on my mac...

I'm crap at all that that posting up images etc. personally I send a copy to Moogrose, which I have already done btw.

Our table stands at 4 apiece, interestingly.

I will send you another challenge mate.

Number45

Man, I keep putting my comments in immediately after watching the opponents shot but I don't actually think that gets sent if you're the one who plays first.

Keep getting errors when trying to connect at the moment.

Iacobellis

@lacobellis, I don't wanna be a dick about this, but we do want to keep the tournament moving along... If by Monday morning I haven't got an invite from you, we'll hand your place off to someone who wants it.

Edit: I am nervous for you Andy - don't mess it up! ;)

Sorry! I'm updating my Vita now. I'll be playing in just a minute!

EDIT: Alright, just sent a friend request to everyone I wasn't already friends with in my group. Updating HSG as we speak.

moogrose

Sorry! I'm updating my Vita now. I'll be playing in just a minute!

EDIT: Alright, just sent a friend request to everyone I wasn't already friends with in my group. Updating HSG as we speak.

Great, good to have you on board... I eagerly await your match invite. It's up to you to break a three way tie!

Okay, I'll play our match then start the ones I have been assigned.

You can have multiple running simultaneously.

Mr E.

Oh boy! So much weight on my shoulders now!

EDIT: I sent you a friend request, moogrose.
As the responsibility for our match falls to me to send out the challenge, could you give me a heads up on which golfer you prefer to use? I will use a similar rank to you.

after losing i think 3 or 4 games i think im going to change my game. i noticed everyone or mostly everyone im playing uses the circle shot and i use the default gauge and they hit on time more than me. could be the fact i stink and they are better but i tried a few holes and i think im going to stick with that for now. also im not going to go for so much power because it seems you dont need the extra at a certain point. like it takes 2 shots to get to the green regardless of club unless its extreamly weak. will see how that works next time.

Top Bottom