• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Allforce

Iacobellis forfeited our match due to inactivity after 3 holes, I gave him 48 hours per turn which I think is more than enough time to play each hole.

How do we want to do this? I feel like 48 hours should be the default to keep things moving.

Number45

Iacobellis forfeited our match due to inactivity after 3 holes, I gave him 48 hours per turn which I think is more than enough time to play each hole.

How do we want to do this? I feel like 48 hours should be the default to keep things moving.
Yeah, one of my matches was set to 72 hours but we never got close to it. All of the others were set to 48hrs, any more than that is going to get ridiculous particularly if the tournaments get bigger.

moogrose

I don't think there's any point of trying to redo the match. Iacobellis has yet to send me a match invite - if everyone is in agreement - I say we disqualify Iacobellis and move on to the 3 hole playoffs between the three of us. Whadda you say?

Hey guys, can I get into whatever tourneys you run next time?

Absolutely, keep checking in!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Do the DLC courses for this get integrated into the challenge tiers for single player, are do you access 'em in stroke play and practice?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Tables? :p

Apparently no integration to challenge mode. Which sucks. :(

I'd started to type out "challenge tables" then mangled editing the sentence lol

That sucks tho, I was hoping they'd made some new tiers after Out of Bounds didn't integrate its add-on courses.

Allforce

Yeah I would never have played multi on this game if it weren't for this patch with the turn-based matches, it's great seeing my Vita blink that I have a message and getting a quick hole in.

Mr E.

I'm up for kicking him out. Will free up a friend slot too whilst I'm at it.

Checked the Vita store and all the courses, characters etc are available to buy individually.
I though there was a way to save some money and buy the lot, that option isn't available though. Is there supposed to be a buy all option?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Checked the Vita store and all the courses, characters etc are available to buy individually.
I though there was a way to save some money and buy the lot, that option isn't available though. Is there supposed to be a buy all option?

There should be. It's also mentioned in the blog post, but for some reason it's not on the store (yet). I guess they have some kind of problem with it...or just forgot.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Apologies for asking something likely for the millionth time... but how do I access the DLC stuff after I've purchased and installed it? Specifically the extra characters, I don't see them anywhere.

moogrose

So, Iacobellis gets a disqualification. Which leaves a nasty three way tie in Group A. Initially i figured I'd just add our score totals and settle it that way:

Mr E. - 29 + 29 + 33 = 91
Andylsun - 30 + 28 + 33 = 91
Moogrose - 28 + 29 + 34 = 91

Shit.

So the only honest way to do it is another round robin between the 3 of us. Same courses , but random 3 hole games!

Last match score is used for determining invites, since Mr E. and Andy are tie, we'll move to second game score - where Andy wins out. So:

Andylsun invites Moogrose, Mr E.
Mr E. invites Moogrose
Moogrose waits in hope that both the above invite to courses I like! :)

If you guys disagree, let me know. Otherwise, lets do it!!

Jucksalbe

Banned
Apologies for asking something likely for the millionth time... but how do I access the DLC stuff after I've purchased and installed it? Specifically the extra characters, I don't see them anywhere.

Did you download the latest patch? I haven't bought the DLC yet, but after you install the patch they are shown in the character select screen.

Number45

I haven't picked it up yet, but the placeholders for them have been on the character select screen since the patch hit last week so just select them from there I assume?

EDIT: Also, no DLC pack for the EU? I thought there was one for the US.

Number45

The DLC is there, just no bundle. Not mentioned on the blog post either. :/

EDIT: Also, haven't been able to connect to the servers all day. Didn't think maintenance was until tomorrow.

Jucksalbe

Banned
The DLC is there, just no bundle. Not mentioned on the blog post either. :/

It's on the blog post:

Everybody’s Golf

Gloria Costume (£0.40/€0.49)
Erika Costume (£0.40/€0.49)
Everybody’s Golf Bundle (£5.99/€7.49)
Mt. Sakura Country Club (£1.99/€2.49)
Mar Cielo Golf Course (£1.99/€2.49)
Northern Fox Country Club (£1.99/€2.49)
Gloria Playable Character (£0.59/€0.75)
Erika Playable Character (£0.59/€0.75)
Kat from Gravity Rush Playable Character (£0.59/€0.75)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Maybe I missed the patch... thanks guys, I will check for it.

Mr E.

Could the three way tie be invited 3 ways.

Example I invite Mongrose, Mongrose invites Andy and Andy invites me or any combination of that. Seems a fair and equal split.

well with Iacobellis disqualified that means i cant possibly come in last, yay.

btw if anyone tried to add me with the psn that started with dp and a bunch of numbers, just add me again i delete requests when nothing is said in them. Just say your from gaf.

moogrose

Could the three way tie be invited 3 ways.

Example I invite Mongrose, Mongrose invites Andy and Andy invites me or any combination of that. Seems a fair and equal split.

I thought it would be fun to give someone a slight advantage. But this works for me!

Mr E. invites moogrose
Moogrose invites Andylsun
Andylsun invites Mr E.

If you're happy to do that, so am I. Shall we?

baxter2231 defeats blindmonkey in a nail bitter

photostream

When you said eagle to win,gl i read on the ps3 and though you had gotten the eagle.

image wont work idk why

Mr E.

Temptation is there but I can wait. Waited long enough for the courses anyhow.

Be nice to play the 3 way tie on a new course 8^)

moogrose

baxter2231 defeats blindmonkey in a nail bitter

photostream

When you said eagle to win,gl i read on the ps3 and though you had gotten the eagle.

image wont work idk why

Congrats!

Flickr won't allow hot linking... Upload your image to imgur or some such...

I'll update the scores in the morning!

Temptation is there but I can wait. Waited long enough for the courses anyhow.

Be nice to play the 3 way tie on a new course 8^)

I like your line of thought.

Last week's patch and this week's DLC has spurred to play this game again... non-stop. Currently working my way through the Bronze challenges.

I'd love to play some asynchronous rounds with you folks. Feel free to add me as I'll be making room on my friends list tonight: Reluctant-Hero

andylsun

I'm happy on that, lets just wait for Andvly to give his blessings too, yes.

Happy to go along with any tie-splitting method. Been skiing All day and my body is beat and I badly brused my right thumb. Should be easy pickings for both of you!

Edit: the us bundle seems to be $11.99 is this right? Same price as buying everything separately?

Hopefully get my PSN password reset tonight and would love to play the 3 way tie on a brand newcourse

moogrose

Happy to go along with any tie-splitting method. Been skiing All day and my body is beat and I badly brused my right thumb. Should be easy pickings for both of you!

Good news about the easy pickings! ;)

Great, I'll send a match invite - although I'll probably be down for the night shortly.

3 holes a piece, hopefully no more ties this te around!

Edit: the us bundle seems to be $11.99 is this right? Same price as buying everything separately?

Hopefully get my PSN password reset tonight and would love to play the 3 way tie on a brand newcourse

AH, I'll hold off for a day. See if we can run the tie break on the new courses tomorrow!

andylsun

Phew, I remembered the PSN password

Mr E, 3 hole (random) challenge sent on one of the DLC courses.

I will not play the course before the challenge.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Geez, Kat's harder to use than I thought she'd be. "Oh, use an Expert character and blow through the game."

NOPE.

Allforce

Last week's patch and this week's DLC has spurred to play this game again... non-stop. Currently working my way through the Bronze challenges.

I'd love to play some asynchronous rounds with you folks. Feel free to add me as I'll be making room on my friends list tonight: Reluctant-Hero

You got your settings locking out friend requests bud, I tried to send you one.

Try mine if you want and don't be shy to send an invite anytime, AllforcePSN

Mr E.

Phew, I remembered the PSN password

Mr E, 3 hole (random) challenge sent on one of the DLC courses.

I will not play the course before the challenge.
Ok bare with me guys, I'm about to leave for work. I haven't downloaded the courses yet. I was hoping the bundle price would go live soon. Regardless ill get the courses when I finish work in around 8 hours.

Top Bottom