• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

what does impact do? i tried to change from terrible to amazing and the size of the zone is exactly the same. so apparently thats not it like i had thought. is it the speed the cursor moves? or is it more forgiving if you are late it wont matter as much than if the stat was low and the ball wont be as effected?

impact does effect the hit zone.

on the 1st hit of drive though initially they were all the same (like nothing) but the patch was suppose to fix it a little (idk how much, i only played 1 course post patch)

youll see a big difference in bunkers,rough etc

impact does effect the hit zone.

on the 1st hit of drive though initially they were all the same (like nothing) but the patch was suppose to fix it a little (idk how much, i only played 1 course post patch)

youll see a big difference in bunkers,rough etc

yea i tested only on the tee and nothing changed. so it does widen the zone ok

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
after losing i think 3 or 4 games i think im going to change my game. i noticed everyone or mostly everyone im playing uses the circle shot and i use the default gauge and they hit on time more than me. could be the fact i stink and they are better but i tried a few holes and i think im going to stick with that for now. also im not going to go for so much power because it seems you dont need the extra at a certain point. like it takes 2 shots to get to the green regardless of club unless its extreamly weak. will see how that works next time.

Use whatever gauge you think works for you. I use the "default" since that's what was the default (with a few changes) in HSG5: Out of Bounds. Your mileage may vary with some of the gauges as you unlock them.

moogrose

Phew, just managed to win one, really good match.

Edit: Right going to have to upload later, curses.

Who did you play against for your win?
EDIT: I'll assume baxter due to his comments.

I've added the number of rounds played (completed), if i've messed anything up - let me know!

Points are looking real interesting now...

FeZBOHl.png

And for the sake of ease:

GROUP A
1. Mr E. (spagetti69) starts matches with: Iacobllis, Allforce
2. Iacobellis starts matches with: Allforce, Moogrose
3. Allforce (AllforcePSN) starts matches with: Moogrose, Andlysun
4. Moogrose starts matches with: Andylsun, Mr E.
5. Andylsun starts matches with: Mr E., Iacobellis

GROUP B
1. bearcatjosh starts matches with: BlindMonkey, baxter2231
2. BlindMonkey starts matches with: baxter2231, GillatheGorilla
3. baxter2231 starts matches with: GillaTheGorilla, Number45
4. GillaTheGorilla (Jemile) starts matches with: Number45, bearcatjosh
5. Number45 starts matches with: bearcatjosh, BlindMonkey

Mr E.

Looks like we're in the group of death lol. Will get on later when I finish work.

Edit played up my outstanding shots.

Anyone else's challenge results acting up? On the turn based home page previous games have dissapeared. I still have the won lost ratio but data on individual players has vanished. Odd.

I'll check later. :(

I had such an infuriating day with the game yesterday, each round I either aced everything or missed everything.

There are some days where my timing/reaction times for the impact button presses are so slow/fast that i see a rabbit or a turtle on every shot.

Then other days my perfect Impact rate surprises me.

Was playing online with a mate in a lobby with 30 people one evening, my PI was 12% and guy leading had 75% lol

Don't think i've managed over 50% ever, struggling with some of the Crowns, especially that one.

Number45

DLC this week. Excite!

I wonder where the new characters will fit in on the roster? One inter, two expert I think from the select screen but I wonder what strengths/weakness they'll have?

moogrose

DLC this week. Excite!

I wonder where the new characters will fit in on the roster? One inter, two expert I think from the select screen but I wonder what strengths/weakness they'll have?

Yeah. Hopefully we can use the new courses in the asynchronous play. It's unclear to me how they actually get used.

Edit: looks like EG/HSG servers are undergoing maintenance on the 21st

Mr E.

Arrgh Moogrose, My Grace character is level 0 and I keep forgetting I haven't unlocked the triangle/circle upgrade shots. Just over hit my Par 3.

Gotta level up all my peeps.

Number45

Arrgh Moogrose, My Grace character is level 0 and I keep forgetting I haven't unlocked the triangle/circle upgrade shots. Just over hit my Par 3.
I keep doing this as well, along with trying the homing/side/rising shots when I don't have those unlocked either.

moogrose

I should have put it beyond you, but if you follow my route and don't choke on the putt you should be able to take it on shots. Good luck! :)

EDIT: Nooo, unlucky. :(

Eek, looks like Number45 will come out of the first round with a perfect score!

Gotta level up all my peeps.

Your good nature is not being rewarded it seems. Next time just whip me with your best character!

wow im in last place, not suprised. I do have a chance at winning the one game i have left but its close. I just want to get some points on the board lol

Seems like you guys have some decent matches in these tournies, I wouldn't mind taking part myself however I do pretty much suck! I guess I should put in some SP time before entering.

moogrose

So basically, I need to win my last 2 games.
And I crumble under any kind of pressure, Number45 can attest to that :p

Yup... or you just gotta beat bearcatjosh to get to the 3 hole play off against him again!

Seems like you guys have some decent matches in these tournies, I wouldn't mind taking part myself however I do pretty much suck! I guess I should put in some SP time before entering.

If others are up for it - we'll definately do another tournament, would be great if we could get more folk involved, and hopefully do something with the new courses.

Once this tournament moves into the final i think i'll see whos interested for the next one!

Just missed an 8.3 metre Eagle putt by just millimetres , Grrrrrrrr!!!

The hole was just slightly lower than my hitting position, so I got the power bang on the flag on the gauge, and it stopped short.
Was hoping I could get it to drop by shaking the Vita lol.

Mr E.

Not sure where this tourney will be at in 11 days time but I will be away for the weekend.
Times like this I wish I had a 3G vita. In fact a 3G vita is worth it for this title alone.

Anyone grabbing the DLC courses pack ? I'm grabbing the lot.

I'm going to start adding players from the other group to my friends list. Not tempting fate but I'd like to play some async with peeps even outside of tourney.

Number45

I originally had a 3G Vita, but I now have a wireless only and the wonder of unlimited data with tethering through my phone contract. <3

Will be picking up all of the DLC as well, although we peasants have to wait until tomorrow.

moogrose

I'm certainly in for all the DLC come Wednesday. Hopefully it will blow some new life into the game.

How your games going with Iacobellis? I have yet to get a match invite from him/her.
Hopefully if Iacobellis starts a regular play, the tournament will be easily wrapped up in 11 days...

Then we can start a new one :)

Mr E.

I've played the third hole he has to respond to play it. I set response time to 72hrs lol. I think he has 46 left to go.

andylsun

Not sure where this tourney will be at in 11 days time but I will be away for the weekend.
Times like this I wish I had a 3G vita. In fact a 3G vita is worth it for this title alone.

Anyone grabbing the DLC courses pack ? I'm grabbing the lot.

I'm going to start adding players from the other group to my friends list. Not tempting fate but I'd like to play some async with peeps even outside of tourney.

I used the 3G for the first two months I had my vita, and have to say I liked it. The monthly charges are a bit steep, but will be good when on vacation or traveling.

Will be buying all the DLC once it hits.

Anyone up for async tourny on the new courses, then send me a challenge (psn: andylsun)

Any friend invites from the group of players we have in this thread are welcome, and I'll be more than happy to play any async challenges :)

And I'll be getting the DLC tomorrow.

My Vita is a 3G model, used it for the first 30 days on £5 and just use tethering on my phone ever since.
The 3G still does certain things even without a data payment, so it's still worth having.

Number45

Ugh, I have four crowns left - all of the "you can't make any mistakes" variety. :'(

I miss the old dailies, I used those as a means of levelling my characters and trying (in vain) for that elusive albatross.

Just hit my first double eagle! Been playing on and off since launch.
Finished 13th on the daily. All birdies and the double on the last hole.

Im ready for the DLC.

whats the best way to get a screen shot from the vita so it can be posted? Would uploading it on some photo site be best or just doing it directly to the pc and then post it?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I miss the old dailies, I used those as a means of levelling my characters and trying (in vain) for that elusive albatross.

I miss those too.

I hit a double eagle/albatross by pure dumb luck. Was hole 9 on Abu Dhabi or whatever that course is called. (Pain in the ass that course is...). Never could get another, came pretty close though.

whats the best way to get a screen shot from the vita so it can be posted? Would uploading it on some photo site be best or just doing it directly to the pc and then post it?

Well, you can use the vita screencap function, upload it to twitter (if you have one that is), then upload it to an image hosting site.

Top Bottom