• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Will the full version allow you to switch between Vanilla, AE: 2012 and itself for online play... This is not going to sell a lot outside the hardcore due to the new consoles... If Capcom was smart, they would release this for the new consoles... Then later on release an update for it for free (we all know that it is coming).
This is probably not a very costly update for them, and it'll rekindle the SF4 hype for at least two years now. This is quite smart, actually. They probably decided to cancel Darkstalkers and lengthen the life of AE instead, for a lesser cost.
And I could very well see them release AE2013 on next-gen next year, along the current-gen version. That would be nice, we could see those 6 new stages in tournaments, on a version that doesn't lag outside of the training mode... :)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The SSBM tourney has been so good. I was honestly hoping for a lesser known fighting to get some time in the sun during that donation contest, but honestly the most entertaining eSport game won.

Dahbomb

They don't have the license to update it anymore. It's either that or they're still mad over umvc3 sales. Maybe both
There are definitely not mad over the sales, last time Capcom talked about UMVC3 they said they are pleased with it and continues to sell regularly.

The problem is purely a licensing thing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They don't have the license to update it anymore. It's either that or they're still mad over umvc3 sales. Maybe both

Ultimate's sales are decent at this point. Decent enough to make them happy.

Capcom shouldn't have released Vanilla to begin with. It's their fault, not the brand.

joe2187

Banned
Adding Asura would be awesome, but I doubt they'd do it

It already happened

ryu_vs_akura_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

632e32290afb8935b0829cb49e3c9bb0.jpg

Sigmaah

Well duh, it's capcom. They couldn't have even been assed to make their own games this gen :p

I knew they'd be adding new characters and I was so hype to have some chars from 3rd strike like Twelve or Q or non recycled characters but nope, of course they must use recycled characters, I was finally gonna pick up SF but nope, fuck that. Booty ass choices...

Astarte

Ultimate's sales are decent at this point. Decent enough to make them happy.

Capcom shouldn't have released Vanilla to begin with. It's their fault, not the brand.

I think its a combination of marvel pressuring them to release umvc3 before the avengers and capcom reaching out for more money.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think its a combination of marvel pressuring them to release umvc3 before the avengers and capcom reaching out for more money.

It's Capcom trying to get as much money as possible before the end of the fiscal quarter with Vanilla MvC3. They did this at the cost of cannibalizing their own sales with UMvC3 because they needed to release the update before the license ran out.

UMvC3 is what MvC3 should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom