• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KBR getting 3-0'd WOW. Not even close, dude got bodied. He looks so sad omg :'(

First huge upset of the day. I'm okay it was to someone like Rubeks and not some Doom/Vergil though.

Unlucky

Qualified out of pools in Marvel

Winners
H1 FS/EMP Flocker
H2 Rynge
H3 Neogaf | Killa Sasa
H4 AGE Flash Metroid
H5 Rampage
H6 ShadowX
H7 Fraud L
H8 949|YTwoJay
H9 TS NerdJosh
H10 Denial|Dios X
H11 Predator
H12 TA Moons
H14 Bonfire
H15 AGE Knives
H16 EM Pony
H17 Atx Zack Fernandez
I1 Noodleleopard
I2 Lag | tt Tako
I3 1atk|lxg Infrit
I4 Danke
I5 Col. Filipino Champ
I6 RyRy
I7 Aiab Crazy Ex
I8 AGE Fanatiq
I9 Bcn-esports Alioune
I10 Drew Grimey
I11 Hitbox|Buttons
I12 EMP|VXG|IFC Yipes
I13 Ugly When
I14 Bubblan ab7
I15 Frb Abegen
I16 EG Justin Wong
I17 Permavermin
J1 Buckethead
J2 Paradigm
J3 JEO
J4 Cdv Whiteblack
J5 G.x.
J6 Haz|Tubazo
J7 Nerses
J8 Foo
J9 EG PR Balrog
J10 Royal Flush
J11 Kerahime
J12 [krc] haagendazs
J13 Thebeautifuldude
J14 MC|X-Ray
J15 Snaketits

Losers
H1 Whitebuddha
H2 Chris Schmidt
H3 Hve
H4 1atk|lxg|bdg Tape Bot
H5 Zip Piggy
H6 Wentinel
H7 Smokey
H8 MC Honzo Gonzo
H9 Hitbox Jint
H10 Wickedxmage
H11 Senor Taxi
H12 Zak Bennet
H13 Savage Shrubber
H14 Pure Elite
H15 ID
H16 GC Yoshi
H17 Gary with Glasses
I1 Baechigi
I2 Tdo
I3 Runaway Magneto
I4 Combusted
I5 Ofwg | Nearnayum
I6 Avg Jdog
I7 Noah the Prodigy
I8 Mr. Pbody
I9 IC Ruin
I10 Adelheid
I11 Just Mark
I12 Quasimodo
I13 Apex | d1
I14 MakotoMuffins
I15 Zanzaken
I16 Col. ShadyK
I17 Haganail
J1 Cpt_sandwich_time
J2 DJ Huoshen
J3 Killer Kai
J4 Mabushin
J5 Sbcoup|ch|Paul's to the Wall
J6 BT|Clockw0rk
J7 BT|MarlinPie
J8 EG Momochi
J9 Bloody Picture
J10 Corimon
J11 Oerba
J12 Marvelo
J13 Pandasaurus
J14 1atk|lxg Steve
J15 A&c disgruntled goa

Notable players eliminated: Full Schedule, Buktooth, Hitbox|Upa, CFD|Hi im nasty, Gaf|Smedwicks

I'll keep this post updated with most recent results at the bottom. Will make new post with complete list periodically. Info comes from:
Official brackets
https://twitter.com/evo2k
https://twitter.com/gyt
SRK
www.twitch.tv/srkevo1
www.twitch.tv/srkevo3

qualified:
Eita winners K2
CrispyTacos winners K17
Rubeks winners K3
VGM|KaneBlueRiver losers K3
Tokido winners K4
Kyle P losers K4
Fizzykups winners K10
komg Ketsui losers K10
Chris G winners K13
Rylander losers K13
JRosa losers K2
Forward winners K1
Rattana losers K1
Fubarduck losers K17
Angelic winners K11
Yoshtier losers K11
emumaki winners K15
wolf street losers K15
Raith winners K9
ebonic plague losers K9
windzero winners K14
taekua losers K14

Eliminated: TFA|OMG Itz Andre, AndyOCR

New post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=70184726&postcount=14391

KBR getting 3-0'd WOW. Not even close, dude got bodied. He looks so sad omg :'(

First huge upset of the day. I'm okay it was to someone like Rubeks and not some Doom/Vergil though.

Yeah, Rubeks is one of the few focused Skrull players out there, so it's always good to see him do his thing.

rnIcrYo.jpg

FREE.

So...about this?

Owensboro

Wow.

That is some change. I am hyped.

I'd imagine the story is similar for most here. I kinda missed SF2, I did play the cab at my local pizza place every now and then, but I was playing MvC1 and 2, CvS2, and 3rd Strike as a kid. I just didn't really learn or maybe I should say "understand" fighting games until SSIV and started informing myself on SRK, videos like Vesper Arcade's tutorial, and the original SF4 crowd here on GAF helping me out.

I'll second that story. I played a hell of a lot of fighting games in my past (SF2 on) but never really understood anything deeper than "use special moves, jump, punch and kick". Also, I always thought throws were super-cheap (unfortunately, I still do!)

All that changed when I actually started watching streams and spending time here and on SRK. The most dramatic change was when, after losing around 45 straight games online in Vanilla SFIV, someone either here or on SRK suggested that I just "put the CPU on it's hardest setting and try to block every attack. If you time out, you win!" So started my long journey understanding blocking, and how/when to use normals, and why special moves aren't the best to just throw out there.

I'm still not good by any stretch of the imagination (I think I have a 25-40% win ratio with Dudley?), but I'm having a ton of fun playing and watching streams. Much more so then I used to. I still don't understand certain character types (grapplers in particular), but I'm pumped to try and figure out Hugo when the next iteration of SFIV comes out!

SmokeMaxX

Commentary before the match: KBR is confident because Rubeks has never played him before.

Unfortunately Rubeks plays Jan/RanmaSama A LOT.

Commentary before the match: KBR is confident because Rubeks has never played him before.

Unfortunately Rubeks plays Jan/RanmaSama A LOT.

That was silly of them to say - if both players have never played against each other before, then neither player would have known what to expect. A statement like that cuts both ways, basically.

RedSwirl

So I'm pretty new to KOF. My faves so far are Robert, Kim, and King, where are they in terms of popularity? Haven't even had time to try all the characters.

So I'm pretty new to KOF. My faves so far are Robert, Kim, and King, where are they in terms of popularity? Haven't even had time to try all the characters.

Lots of people use Kim and King, but Robert hasn't been popular since the loke tests for the arcade version 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom