• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The future of EVO:

143328169.jpg

more like
MCJ16.jpg

Let's go KBR

El Sloth

Banned
Wow.

That is some change. I am hyped.
*been playing since SF2, didn't start learning until '09
I'd imagine the story is similar for most here. I kinda missed SF2, I did play the cab at my local pizza place every now and then, but I was playing MvC1 and 2, CvS2, and 3rd Strike as a kid. I just didn't really learn or maybe I should say "understand" fighting games until SSIV and started informing myself on SRK, videos like Vesper Arcade's tutorial, and the original SF4 crowd here on GAF helping me out.

jbug617

Banned
Wow.

I'd imagine the story is similar for most here. I kinda missed SF2, I did play the cab at my local pizza place every now and then, but I was playing MvC1 and 2, CvS2, and 3rd Strike as a kid. I just didn't really learn or maybe I should say "understand" fighting games until SSIV and started informing myself on SRK, videos like Vesper Arcade's tutorial, and the original SF4 crowd here on GAF helping me out.

Same here. As a kid you mess around with fighting games but you really didn't know anything. When SF4 came out I decide to learn how to properly play (going off players in streams)

kick51

Banned
Wow.

True, it's a common story.

Last gen I had Xbox 1 only, so naturally, I had a period where I thought Dead or Alive was a good game. I was still a big fighting game fan and always wanted more, but was pretty misguided (arguing DoA was better than Tekken, for example.) Before that I played a bunch of CVS2, but was still content to scrub it out online and play arcade mode, while being scared of training mode. Before that, I had a big break from video games which started right after beating FFVII lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom