• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myn

That'd suck if Eita does bad in Marvel since that's his focus apparently, amazing how he got 17th in USF4 yesterday though.

Duxxy3

I disagree. Last year's EVO had kings falling hard in Marvel. Hell, ChrisG has yet to win EVO. Anything can happen

Chris didn't give a shit last year. He had won almost everything for a year straight, and the expectations were enormous.

Personally I think he threw the match earlier in the tournament. Did it because he didn't want to be there, or just to relieve the pressure.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Is it just me or has Twitch been awful for Evo this year? Last year I had no problems but this year I've had nothing but constant lagging. The Nico Douga and IGN streams are perfect and lag-free for me in comparison :/ Even Livestreamer lags severely

Xevren

Is it just me or has Twitch been awful for Evo this year? Last year I had no problems but this year I've had nothing but constant lagging. The Nico Douga and IGN streams are perfect and lag-free for me in comparison :/ Even Livestreamer lags severely

My experience has been the opposite. Had issues last year but this year it's been flawless for me.

I don't have lagging problems but I have framerate issues

fader

holy shit all this time and i didnt even realize it was Juicebox commentating. this freaking potato quality stream.

Sheroking

Chris didn't give a shit last year. He had won almost everything for a year straight, and the expectations were enormous.

Personally I think he threw the match earlier in the tournament. Did it because he didn't want to be there, or just to relieve the pressure.

Oh please.

You make him sound even more retarded than he is.

Menome

Does anybody know if Aris is commentating on anything else this tournament? Now that the Tekken's over, I'm just casual-watching the other streams and I'll go where there's going to be fun commentary.

GUYS:

I heard that Marn may have shingles. he was asking online about his blotches on his skin last week and that he couldnt afford to go to a doctor to check and some people said it looked like shingles.

So if he may have an unexplained rash all over his body, WHY IN THE BLUE FUCK IS HE AT EVO IN A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE?

ShinMaruku

What are these factors and how will they hurt you?

Further it's ridiculous to ask someone to leave their current place of residence for video games, a hobby. Traveling more is cool though but some players don't have the luxury.

I only suggest traveling if you would like to really grow as a player, of course some people don't have that luxury, therefore they have to remain content where they are.

As to the factors against one getting solid in NYC, firstly most people only play their friends, there is an over-reliance on drama to build up hype, it's probably one of the hardest scenes to get into the cliques that function there, geography can make it a bit of a issue to get to locals. These are the things you must work around. It's possible to work around them Dieminion is very solid because he can travel. Some can't do that, but they should not expect to be past a certain standard if they can't travel.

My advice is only to those who want to be contenders and have a diverse play experience.

.la1n

GUYS:

I heard that Marn may have shingles. he was asking online about his blotches on his skin last week and that he couldnt afford to go to a doctor to check and some people said it looked like shingles.

So if he may have an unexplained rash all over his body, WHY IN THE BLUE FUCK IS HE AT EVO IN A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE?

Pretty sure if you have shingles you would know, it would be so painful he wouldn't be able to play right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom