• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanashrew

Banned
Despite the commentators KOF has a pretty good 50K. 20K for BB is pretty disappointing, though.

Stream 2 seems to get lower views than the main. Smash topped out at around 36k-37k today which I think may have been stream 2's peak. Capcomfighters channel was highest with USF4 and same with on stream 1 Mahvel on the main stream peaking up into 50k+.

The main stream just generally keeps higher viewers at all times because I think many just don't know about the other streams or not interested in the other streams.

Myn

Hey guys i'm wondering if a knowledgable gaffer might help me out a sec?

As a disabled gamer the ONLY way I am comfortable playing fighting games is with an arcade pad. Problem is, as my disability has progressed, I actually find square-gate sticks uncomfortable.

I'm looking to play PC fighting games until the PS4 fighting game era begins, so can anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive USB arcade stick, WITH OCTAGONAL GATE, that I could use for PC SF4, MK9, etc?

Thanks so much. EVO has me fired up and wanting to return to my beloved fighting genre after some time away. I still love my Mad Katz LE MvC2 stick, but the gate is ruining it for me, and I don't have the ability nor knowledge to swap it out myself.

Have you played with an octagonal gate before? I'm curious as to how that feels better for you versus a square gate.

Anyway there aren't any sticks that come stock with an octagonal gate, you have to swap it out yourself, it's very very simple. Just open up your stick, release the square gate from it's locks on the joystick and snap in the octagonal. Restrictor gates are like $4 too.

chrono01

They really need to switch out the commentators on the KOFXIII stream. I love the game, but they really have no hype. I'm practically falling asleep. :(

Also, that Shimakaze dakimakura on the BlazBlue stream.

jbug617

Banned
I don't know if already asked but why are they using original 360's instead of the slims?

because of the power button is touch sensitive. Some people would accidentally turn off the console when plugging in their stick. The old consoles are mostly used for the stream setup.

remist

BsYLuE2CYAAZ6_S.jpg:large

Cheering section at BBCP.

FSLink

Banned
because of the power button is touch sensitive. Some people would accidentally turn off the console when plugging in their stick. The old consoles are mostly used for the stream setup.
Seriously fuck the touch sensitive buttons. Absolutely hate it on the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom