• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myn

Nah I like what Champ did. Lets be honest Daigo probably would of waxed Champ in the run back and Champ is no idiot he knew that. So A) he saves money, and B) he makes Daigo hold losing 4 straight rounds to 0.

I think he was joking when he made that tweet. lol look at the post above

ironmang

Blazblue is actually looking pretty sweet. As someone who never got into the series, is there some site like SRK that has a wealth of information for the game in general and the different characters?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Smash ended before Top 32 started IIRC, so was it really that hard for them to put Losers on srkevo2? Or capcomfighters? Like, what the hell?

Their management of the streams this year has been mindbogglingly poor.

Blazblue is actually looking pretty sweet. As someone who never got into the series, is there some site like SRK that has a wealth of information for the game in general and the different characters?

dustloop is generally that GG/BB.

Dustloop.com

Seek out the BlazBlue section of the forums, it'll have what you want.

Toxi

Banned
Dustloop

EDIT: And everyone else mentioned it first

Busaiku

Seriously, why the heck does the Evo staff have so much disdain for anime.

Despite getting more players, more international players, more players in majors leading up to Evo, more hype than Killer Instinct, it's still the starting game.
Not only is it the 1st game tomorrow, but they bumped up the time by 1 hour.

Every year prior, finals started at 10 AM PDT.
2012 had Street Fighter X Tekken and The King of Fighters XIII, while last year had The King of Fighters XIII and 3/5 Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver. 2012 finals.
This year has nothing like that, yet it was still bumped up by an hour.

Myn

Seriously, why the heck does the Evo staff have so much disdain for anime.

Despite getting more players, more international players, more players in majors leading up to Evo, more hype than Killer Instinct, it's still the starting game.
Not only is it the 1st game tomorrow, but they bumped up the time by 1 hour.

Every year prior, finals started at 10 AM PDT, and 2012 had Street Fighter X Tekken and The King of Fighters XIII, while last year had The King of Fighters XIII and 3/5 Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Version 2012 finals.
This year has nothing like that, yet it was still bumped up by an hour.

I heard that people find it reasonable to have it first because that's the earliest the Japanese can watch it before they go to sleep.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think they might just have a fear of putting the same game on multiple streams at the same time or something. It's the only real explanation I got other than sheer fucking incompetence.

They had double streams for marvel 3 earlier. I dunno what they're doing, lol.

Busaiku

I heard that people find it reasonable to have it first because that's the earliest the Japanese can watch it before they go to sleep.
That's just terrible DC by Evo staff.
It's at 1 AM to 3 AM on Monday morning in Japan.
Japan's gonna be asleep.

ironmang

Before I go into BB balls deep, are they any major problems with online play? I'm pretty much online only until I move back into the city.

alstein

Someone has to be the early game. It's not going to be Smash, Marvel, or AE.

Problem is anime folks won't show up that early, and justify doing it again.

I won 40 bucks for getting 7th in Injustice.

Low entrants and no bonus so it's not something I can complain about.

Any idea how the money is split? Just curious to try and figure out what the payouts are for other games if I could find out the percentages EVO A is using if it's the same across there board.

ZeroX03

Banned
Seriously, I'm done with Tekken if this happens again, they have no reason to hold the game for that long outside east Asia, TTT2 hype died long before its release.

And Tekken 5 massively hurt the arcade scene by coming out on console so soon after arcade.

TTT2's wait was pretty much exactly a year, and that seems fair. T6 was nearly two years and that was far worse.

Kikujiro

That was real shitty last night with the entire losers bracket being off stream. Should never happen like that.

The problem is that it happens every year, it's like they don't listen to any criticism or they just don't care. Topanga charity cup had two streams running simultaneously, it shouldn't be that hard when there are so many valid streamers in the US.
Evo is unique because there are so many players from all over the world, yet we only see a fraction of the games.

T.O.P

Banned
Mygod got top 8 at MLG. He's a Sabrewulf.

He's an old top Mortal Kombat player. Placed top 8 last year.

Nice

Found the chracters per player

Winner bracket
EG|Justin Wong (Sabrewulf) vs. RM|CD Jr. (Sadira, Jago)
ttswagg (Sadira) vs. RG|Rico Suave (Fulgore, Thunder)

Losers bracket
Pretty E (Orchid) vs. Gutter Magic (Thunder)
IC|MyGod88 (Sabrewulf) vs. Mr. Grimmmz (Jago)

2 sabrewulf
2 sadira
1 orchid
2 jago
1 fulgore
2 thunder

Better than what i could've hoped for for real, great diversity and it's always great to see Thunder wrecking peeps

Can't wait for tonight

Busaiku

Any idea how the money is split? Just curious to try and figure out what the payouts are for other games if I could find out the percentages EVO A is using if it's the same across there board.

There were 312, so at $80 for both 7th place, that'd be 2.564% for that at least.

smurfx

get some go again
iblezE49hvDbYQ.gif

Have you accepted Marn as Marvel's Lord and Savior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom