• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
iblezE49hvDbYQ.gif

Have you accepted Marn as Marvel's Lord and Savior?

Helmbreakers and Buster shots amen

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Those mountain dew shout outs are so cringe worthy. Wonder if a bit of david dies everytime he has to do it.
I was disappointed that I couldn't spot any Baja Blast at the gas station on the way home tonight. Wanted to have it on-deck for finals.

Oh man I need to take a quick nap before this starts.

Also I'm kinda bummed if Tekken 7 is the announcement. I really wanna see the tekken take on sf characters. If tekken 7 is next, I fear it will be years before T X SF and eventually will get canned.

Announcing Tekken without Street Fighter right before the USF4 finals would guarantee boos. Plus Tekken 7 would be an arcade first title. Not the kind of thing that gets announced in front of an American crowd.

EDIT: Maybe not boos, but the crowd would be disappointed.

Announcing Tekken without Street Fighter right before the USF4 finals would guarantee boos. Plus Tekken 7 would be an arcade first title. Not the kind of thing that gets announced in front of an American crowd.

EDIT: Maybe not boos, but the crowd would be disappointed.

Could be a major re-jig of the series - more of a focus on console, easier to actually play, etc.

It'll be TxSF, and a confirmation that T7 is in development with a logo. Ono will come up on stage, be hype for TxSF and maybe show off a video Capcom has made to thank fans for supporting USF4.

Could be a major re-jig of the series - more of a focus on console, easier to actually play, etc.

It'll be TxSF, and a confirmation that T7 is in development with a logo. Ono will come up on stage, be hype for TxSF and maybe show off a video Capcom has made to thank fans for supporting USF4.
I think this is the most plausible outcome given the venue.

A few noob questions about Blazblue:

1. Surprised at the number of entrants for Blazblue, is the turn-up for events that high or is it a result of the increased pot?
2. Are the quarter and semi finals archived yet for? Can't seem to find them on twitch
3. Is this expected to be the last entry in the series? Any rumblings of releases on other platforms?

Thanks

announced vs revealed

T7 is announced with a logo.
TxSF is revealed with gameplay footage.
Haha good joke, prerendered cinematic and a couple of gameplay details.

TxSF could just be SFxT2 for all we know - Namco taking a crack at the 2D SF formula. If the games are different enough, it would make sense to announce them together: "Hey guys, we're making T7, so don't panic that we've made this 2D game!"

Indignate

SFxT and TxSF were announced at the same time.

There was a reason why TxSF was never really talked about afterwards.

The games were by different companies that were supposed to serve as companions to each other and thus that helped build hype. It kind of backfired cuz it seems like TxSF has a negative stigma associated with it due to the reception of SFxT.

TxSF could just be SFxT2 for all we know - Namco taking a crack at the 2D SF formula. If the games are different enough, it would make sense to announce them together: "Hey guys, we're making T7, so don't panic that we've made this 2D game!"

You know nothing Jon Danwson. :D
More seriously, I interviewed harada 3 times about TxSF and it's not a basic 2D game he's working on, more something that blends 3D mechanics with 2D mechanics and need a lot of work. For example when I asked him last year, he was working on offensive jumps and it was hard as it's not common to start attacking by a jump in a 3D game, but it's mandatory in 2D games. He was also struggling with the responsive feeling you have in a 2D game compared to a 3D game, trying to find the right balance.

Harada cannot change Tekken too much and said he wanted to use TxSF to try new things he could not do in Tekken. :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was about to ask if anyone still uses Jean and then I got to the Neo fight

So far this is the first EVO I have watched and not seen a single street fighter or Marvel match, I would have watched some SF2 if I knew when it was so I missed that, been all over smash the last two days, and one single KoF match.

Will most likely watch all the finals today.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
noooo P.Champ vs apologyman next, there goes my Skrull player I bet :(

(I dont know who the top 8 are)

Rhaknar

HOLY SHIT AT THIS TIME OVER 2-2 FROM CHAMP

edit: ugh fucking Champ

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I want Marn to win I think Chris is gonna Slaughter Marn.

Dunno about that. Marn was pretty convincing last night. At least one of those two Chris G wins nearly went to Marn but he messed up on his execution a bit. If Marn is on point tonight... watch out Chris!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom