• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skullgirls ‏@Skullgirls 11m

Security came to shut down the #Skullgirls Salty Suite, because of multiple complaints about noise and non-existent pot use.

Skullgirls ‏@Skullgirls 11m

So now we golf clap quietly when someone wins a match.

lol #rekt
They need to name the next one "Not Skullgirls".

soakrates

Just to clarify, there's a projector in the BYOC room that shows what's going on in the main hall. I'm guessing it's on the same feed as the main hall projectors, which would explain why the logo popped up in the BYOC room.

Anth0ny

So I just watched all of the Melee stuff from today.

My first thought:

PPU vs PPMD. Kevin vs. Kevin. Marth vs. Marth.

holy shit.

Absurdly aggressive Zero play like the world has never seen. Opened up Morrigan every time. It went 3-2, but it would have been 3-0 if Marn wouldn't have dropped basic stuff left and right.

Also, PR_Balrog is out, and almost lost to a random pools player. Lucked out when the guy's cord dropped out of the system and paused the game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Absurdly aggressive Zero play like the world has never seen. Opened up Morrigan every time. It went 3-2, but it would have been 3-0 if Marn wouldn't have dropped basic stuff left and right.

Also, PR_Balrog is out, and almost lost to a random pools player. Lucked out when the guy's cord dropped out of the system and paused the game.

Is the pr rog thing on youtube yet? I missed the stream when that happened.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Terrible unfair world where Brawl is in Evo and even the Skullgirlz salty suite is getting attempted shut downs.

Crocodile

A) Who the fuck complains about a fighting game salty suite? Aren't they SUPPOSED to be noisy?

B) Marn is Top 8 in UMVC3? What bullshit is this?

I've been out all day today and I'll be out all/most of tomorrow. I'm just going to have to check out highlights later in the week or something :/

mbpm1

I guess Marn being sick helped out his game. I hope he beats Chris G.

It's what makes it all more interesting. I want to see the throwback with Chris G and Marn. Marn must win cause goddamn the salt will be godlike.

Didn't Mike Ross make top 8 in Ultra?

No, but he got like 24th place or something, higher than Infiltration and Daigo.

Tekken 7 before tXsf? Come on harada! Haha. I want to see what their imagination has cooked up for the sf characters.

I hope tekken 7 is not cross gen. And I'm split in this, I hope there is an arcade version, but not a super long wait for the home version.

Videoneon

Mew2King for King

Freaking doubles had no damn bracket, no way to keep up with the action, but it was nice to see it at least partially streamed.

So I just watched all of the Melee stuff from today.

My first thought:

PPU vs PPMD. Kevin vs. Kevin. Marth vs. Marth.

holy shit.

Scar and Toph had a field day with that. I thought it was absolutely amazing. You can't make it up, and if you try to, it sounds like BS

Poor PewPewU and SFAT =(

B) Marn is Top 8 in UMVC3? What bullshit is this?

The thing is though, that ChrisG is Marn's first match once Top 8 starts. =\

Anth0ny

So Mew2King goes Marth from the start and BODIES Leffen 2-0

Maybe he's starting to believe in the Marth again

BOLD PREDICTION: M2K sends Mango to losers tomorrow. As long as he goes Marth.

Ryan Ramirez ‏@fchampryan 6m
Daigo came up to me and asked me to MM i happily declined coz i want him to hold that L 4 - 0 wooooot
https://twitter.com/fchampryan/status/488232411885350912

I guess Champ is only referring to tournament matches? Oh well, he has nothing to gain from this match. Win, well he already beat Daigo and has a winning record against him overall. Lose, and everybody will be all over Daigo nuts again for avenging his defeat.

I would have liked to hear about a run back but oh well. I hope this turn down causes Daigo to pull out Yun against him next time though.

Sayah

Agreed. I didn't even know Namco was that big to handle that many projects TBH.

But really now, TKxSF was announced four years ago. FOUR. Even if it went into pre-production like a year later, them having nothing to show or even talk about is kind of ridiculous. I still hope we get both tomorrow if the Tekken thing isn't a troll (the leak doesn't even really make sense, why in the BYOC area?).

I have this feeling it's a troll and the actual game is TKXSF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom