• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelish

looking back at my predictions, my kof prediction went pretty smoothly. now hoping momochi will make an amazing run in losers to clinch evo.

Ultra
Will Win: Infiltration
Could Win: Kazunoko, Xiaohai, Tokido, Daigo
Should Win: Infiltration, Momochi
Dark Horses: Jayce the Ace, PR Rog, Snake Eyez, Haitani

Marvel
Will Win: Justin Wong
Could Win: Chris G, FChamp
Should Win: Apologyman, Justin Wong

KoF13
Will Win: Tokido
Could Win: Xiaohai
Should Win: Xiaohai

Fuck breakfast took too long. Anyone who's there how full is it? Any seats left? If there are two would you guys mind saving two for some gaf bros?

chrono01

That EVO logo is making me sad.

Start already!

Is there a stream that's currently active right now? It'll give me something to do until the main SRK stream goes live.

That EVO logo is making me sad.

Start already!

Is there a stream that's currently active right now? It'll give me something to do until the main SRK stream goes live.

you can watch The International 2014 instead
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

chrono01

The players are sitting down right now. Just plugged their sticks in.
\(^_^)/

*stares intensely at the EVO logo*

Start.
Start.
START!

I hope that guy doesn't find a way to put that Shimakaze pillow on the stream for 100k+ people to see during Blazblue....

That definitely won't leave good first impressions for newcomers.
I'm pretty sure he will. It was displayed prominently during a nice portion of the Atlus stream yesterday.

Also, Shimakaze best KanColle.

El Sloth

Banned
Yeah... It's honestly kind of a bummer that more folks from other countries don't do the same thing. Whenever Korean players win tournaments and they take out a Korean flag and start waving it around, I have to give them the slow clap; I love seeing that kind of enthusiasm.
I think of it like this:

When the player in your arcade went to visit other arcades it was always a treat to see how they did. It gave you a weird, probably undeserved, feeling of pride to see the best guy who you and others at the arcade play against all the time beat the best players of other arcades. You start collectively feeling like the best since you are part of the environment that produced him or her.

In this scenario think of the U.S., Europe, Japan, Korea, etc as just really big arcades.

Although in my case back as a kid it was a pizza place with arcade cabs and not a proper arcade lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom