• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaika

48157-eagle-American-flag-erection-g-NDRV.gif

Is that a penis?

I want to see them win but yeah the USA chant, especially during Blazeblue yesterday, felt awkward and in bad taste.
It doesn't feel awkward in the room at all. Everyone gets into it. Stop being babies.

You guys don't think the foreign players aren't playing with national pride waving their flags around?

People also cheer for other thinks like there were tokido and yipes chants too.

.la1n

It doesn't feel awkward in the room at all. Everyone gets into it. Stop being babies.

I have been in the room, quite a few times and it's always felt that way to me. You feel differently about that, it's okay for people to have opposing opinions on it.

I want to see them win but the USA chant, especially during Blazeblue yesterday, felt awkward and in bad taste.

I just think it's funny because it's an Anime game.

Edit: Just looking through Smedwicks Twitter. Was watching and talking about one of my videos. *Feels special*

I have been in the room, quite a few times and it's always felt that way to me. You feel differently about that, it's okay for people to have opposing opinions on it.
Here you're letting it affect who you want to win. Snakeeyes has nothing to do with the chant why root against him because of that?

Edit that wasn't you. My mistake.

El Sloth

Banned
People always confuse the chanting with nationalism when it has more to do with regionalism and cheering for the underdog. I mean, I'm sure there are some people who are legitimately feeling patriotic, but that's a weird thing to feel about fighting games. At least I think it is.

Some guys just want to feel like someone from their neck of the woods can take on the world. Others want to see the horse they bet on go all the way.

Solune

Evolution 2014 Finals are about to begin. Hardcore fans have been eagerly anticipating this event and now the waiting is finally over.
Check your training wheels at the door ladies and gentleman. This is gonna be one incredible battle that won't easily be forgotten.
The time has come where a new history is going to unfold. You can feel the intensity in the air as the Hopes, Dreams, and Hearts of these warriors are aboutto put to the ultimate test of skill.
What they're after is the title of the World's Strongest. Now, ar-ar-ar-are you ready to ge-ge-ge-get it on?

pixelish

can anyone tell me the background for all of the players in top 8 blazblue? never really got into competitive bbcp so it would be nice to know some of their histories beforehand.

IronLich

Evolution 2014 Finals are about to begin. Hardcore fans have been eagerly anticipating this event and now the waiting is finally over.
Check your training wheels at the door ladies and gentleman. This is gonna be one incredible battle that won't easily be forgotten.
The time has come where a new history is going to unfold. You can feel the intensity in the air as the Hopes, Dreams, and Hearts of these warriors are aboutto put to the ultimate test of skill.
What they're after is the title of the World's Strongest. Now, ar-ar-ar-are you ready to ge-ge-ge-get it on?

*applause*

mcw

People always confuse the chanting with nationalism when it has more to do with regionalism and cheering for the underdog. I mean, I'm sure there are some people who are legitimately feeling patriotic, but that's a weird thing to feel about fighting games. At least I think it is.

Some guys just want to feel like someone from their neck of the woods can take on the world. Others want to see the horse they bet on go all the way.

Yeah... It's honestly kind of a bummer that more folks from other countries don't do the same thing. Whenever Korean players win tournaments and they take out a Korean flag and start waving it around, I have to give them the slow clap; I love seeing that kind of enthusiasm.

People cheer for USA in Marvel.
The only chants yesterday were Yipes.

People cheer USA when an underdog American is playing regardless of game. If anyone not named fchamp or chrisg were playing nemo they'd cheer in marvel. If it's champ playing abegen no one is cheering USA.

Busaiku

can anyone tell me the background for all of the players in top 8 blazblue? never really got into competitive bbcp so it would be nice to know some of their histories beforehand.

Can't speak for everyone, but some of these guys...
N-Man and Dogura have a long history with Guilty Gear.
N-Man was the top venom, developed most of the tech for him, and dominated with him. Venom was relatively underused, so his Venom was always a treat to watch. He switched into BlazBlue around the time +R came out and is the premier Rachel.
Dogura played several characters throughout the history of Guilty Gear, most notably Robo Ky. He also has a history with Street Fighter too, I think he played Bison. But like N-O, made Chrono Phantasma his main game and plays a godlike Azrael.

Dora's been playing BlazBlue since Calamity Trigger, and always stuck with Bang.
He's the best Bang player ever, and he's generally great to watch. He is also a ninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom