• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, i feel really bad for KI. Terrible timing with when its on stream, it has to follow that amazing Blazblue finals, and these matches are pretty eh so far. Pretty dominant stuff.

Drayco21

I had to walk out before Blazblue and apparently missed something incredible- are the matches going to get posted anywhere afterwards?

Yeah, it seems the excitement and Evo popularity for KoF XIII is dying down. It's been exciting in the past, though, and there are dedicated players to it.

The matches were really amazing this year too though. The commentary was just bad. I hope Juice does a recap so we can have the great games with enthusiastic commentary. Sadly no game audio then :/

Then you think Xrd and CP will be there together? I dunno. Is there a reason P4AU, a newer game, would be omitted for a BBCP spot?

It's going to come down to each game's actual reception and tournament showing/strength, along with developer support. Plus as we saw with KOF, being a crowd favorite from the previous year(s) helps as well..

Unless Blazblue representation drops off like a rock naturally in the next half-year, there's no way it isn't coming back.

As hype as BBCP was today, the majority of its players will most likely have moved to either GGXrd or P4AU next year.

Then again Japan already has both games in their arcades, so maybe not...

That's really hard to say, BB has definitely carved its own niche in the community and there are definitely a good amount of BB players that are a bit skeptic about Xrd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom