• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, in Xrd:

y4OMDE.gif

TLZS4Yl.gif

"That was dumb of the guy to forget about the final round, but pretty unsporting of the other guy to beat him up when his character was defenseless."

Thousands on the line...he didn't make him stand up and pop off. No mercy.

NotLiquid

Woshige just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

Woshige just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

lmao

MechaX

It's a tournament, be on point or get bodied. Ogawa was right in just taking the win.

I feel that it's unsporting, but fuck, I cannot blame Ogawa one bit for doing that, especially with thousands of dollars on the line.

And this is why you don't pop off prematurely.

Mumei

Eh, I'm kinda indifferent to Daigo, and he kinda went out where I expected. TBH anyone but the old guard winning EVO SF4 would make me happy at this point. Want to see more new blood making an impact in the scene so more people will actually jump in.

Is there a problem with new people not jumping in? I figured it was just a problem with people breaking through to the tippytop levels.

LifEndz

I feel that it's unsporting, but fuck, I cannot blame Ogawa one bit for doing that, especially with thousands of dollars on the line.

And this is why you don't pop off prematurely.

Unsporting? Mental mistakes are to be capitalized on. Especially dumbass ones like that.

That was dumb of the guy to forget about the final round, but pretty unsporting of the other guy to beat him up when his character was defenseless.
Woshige celebrated prematurely. Ogawa made him pay dearly. Nothing in the rules prohibiting him from beating his opponent for being away from his stick.

Then Ogawa celebrated lol while Woshige slumped there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom