• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmr87

Iy1b.png

ironmang

It's not about momentum, it's about frame of mind. Imagine you are doing something requires 100% of your focus and energy and then in an instant, you'e automatically taken out of that state of mind? It's incredibly hard to get back into it. That's what Chen and Killian were talking about. It jacked up Momochi and completely fucked Gamerbee who had been in that frame of mind for HOURS.

I would think it would shake momochi more since he had to switch to an entirely different stick and lose a round. Some people here think gamerbee lost because of this. like...wat

LOL

It's not about momentum, it's about frame of mind. Imagine you are doing something requires 100% of your focus and energy and then in an instant, you'e automatically taken out of that state of mind? It's incredibly hard to get back into it. That's what Chen and Killian were talking about. It jacked up Momochi and completely fucked Gamerbee who had been in that frame of mind for HOURS.

So having his stick fail and being forced to lose a round where he had the life lead gave Momochi an advantage, but gave Gamerbee a disadvantage?

Agree to disagree.

Damn, I was really rooting for Gamerbee. Dude went through so much. Great showing from all of them though, super intense couple matches near the end.

sora87

This was my first proper Evo, I watched some of the others but this was the first time I watched everything and got into it. I'm gonna have to find other events to follow through the year now cause that was so hype and incredible.

DRE Fei

Well, momochi still had to get his shit together after giving up that round. Good stuff to him for getting the job done in the situation.

Arzehn

Eh, chanting the second place guy like that then nothing for 1st is pretty lame.
Dude looked like he felt bad about the whole deal and the crowd didn't help at all. Just barely putting on a smile.

Imm0rt4l

YOU'RE ALL FREE NOOOW

LOL

The lesser of two evils won tonight though. I still feel bad for bee, but it would have been truly unjust the other way around.

Deadly

Poor Gamerbee, at least he won the crowd over. Must suck for Momochi. Guy deserves the win but must feel bad when the crowd loves Gamerbee so much

Zukuu

Banned
Momentum has a bigger impact than a round. Gamerbee was definitely riding the wave.

That is why he was a round and in health behind. Ok... Yeah let's blame the winner for not deserving the win, even at an disadvantage. It was a bigger shock for Momochi, I'm sure. Getting a "free round" is hardly something that puts you out of your game. "Losing one", does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom