• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

This really is some Rocky shit.

Bee didn't win. But he still won, yunno?
Adriaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn

Cy1b.png

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Gamerbee still lost despite getting a free round. Momo def deserves the title.

Yeah the reverse doesn't really work(the momentum loss is real, but gamerbee didn't have momentum in that match as he already lost the round).

It would have been a bitter sweet win if he took that round. Just a real heartbreaker of an ending.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's some manly ass shit Bruce. I would have been sobbing like a baby.

The set should've been reset, despite "Capcom cup" rules. It was too close (deciding round) for them to resume with a new stick.

M3z_

You think seeing Gamerbee lose after that fiasco is sad, imagine if it went the other way. How crushed would you feel for Momo to have it pulled out from under him like that.

chrono01

I can now finally comment on that Grand Finals SFIV match.

Unbelievable. Definitely one of the matches I'll always remember.

I also feel really bad for Momochi for getting a lot of criticism for something out of his control. The "boo's" were totally unwarranted, considering it was a technical error and not a self-imposed pause. I'm glad that they cheered for him during the award ceremony, otherwise I would have been angry.

Amazing match from both competitors, though. Just really impressive stuff. I'm really excited to see what SF5 brings to the event next year [I assume it'll be showcased next year?].

Wynnebeck

Banned

LOL

I don't understand this sentiment at all. Momochi took the first round and had the life lead before the disconnect. How was the momentum in Gamerbee's favor?

It's not about momentum, it's about frame of mind. Imagine you are doing something requires 100% of your focus and energy and then in an instant, you'e automatically taken out of that state of mind? It's incredibly hard to get back into it. That's what Chen and Killian were talking about. It jacked up Momochi and completely fucked Gamerbee who had been in that frame of mind for HOURS.

Kei-

So was this the most emotional and craziest EVO ever? My days that was good...I think Momochi had to win that one, if Gamerbee won from a dq round, he wouldn't have felt like a true champion as a lot of people would have considered it an illegitimate win. In some way, that was the most perfect ending given the situation.

Feel bad for the guy, but man...that was an amazing USFIV grand final and losers final, as well as EVO in general.

I know I say this every year, but good fucking god this was the best Evo yet. So glad I've made it a tradition to watch this thing every single year regardless of where I am.

Fitts

Was a hell of an EVO. KI, Marvel, and SFIV all brought the hype while Xrd and MKX had moments of their own. Infil, Bee, and KBR were all MVPs as far as I'm concerned.

Momentum has a bigger impact that a round. Gamerbee was definitely riding the wave.

Again. Explain how Gamerbee had the momentum. Momochi took the first round of that match, AND had the life lead in the 2nd round before the disconnect happened. THIS is why Gamerbee had to hit him a few times for the time out.

kitzkozan

Best game tournament of all time? I think so.

Momochi, Gamerbee and Infiltration just made it legendary. Although Nemo had a couple of great matches as well against Rog and Ai Ai.

I still can't believe the kind of performance that Infiltration pulled out of his ass as I wasn't ready for it
(and perhaps never will be lol)

Why was James tearing up at the end? I tuned out for a bit there.

him and seth get emotional every year

James has been in fighting games forever and each year keeps getting better, his heart is 110% in this

Seth was on the team that made this game and has been around fighting games forever as well

they're like proud parents

MKAllDay

I feel like half the people in this thread don't realize what just happened in grand finals. People saying Momochi did not deserve it, do you realize it was Momochi who had the malfunction and he had to concede a round that he was leading because of said malfunction?

Heel

Momochi "accidentally" disconnects to kill the momentum, ice out Gamerbee.

jason-kidd-bumped-on-purpose-to-spill-drink-for-timeout.gif

Dude was shooting an angle and should be banned from the sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom