• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

malts

Damn. So much passion from James and Seth. Always great to see that on display. Big ups to those guys to making their dreams a reality.

fedexpeon

Banned
Momochi "accidentally" disconnects to kill the momentum, ice out Gamerbee.

jason-kidd-bumped-on-purpose-to-spill-drink-for-timeout.gif

Dude was shooting an angle and should be banned from the sports.

This.
Awful sportsmanship.
You can see Gamerbee face just dropped when Momochi was pretending/arguing for 3-4mins over the rule and then didn't ask for another stick until the ref told him and Gamerbee what the rule was.
So much delayed time and Gamerbee was just froze in his seat, unable to do anything but looked down at the floor.
Fucking unsportsmanlike behavior from Momochi.

Hyun Sai

I feel like Gamerbee cracked in the last game and made too many mistakes. Momochi had the clear momentum and deserved the win. The real injustice would have been Gamerbee winning the last round after the pause.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LOL

It's not about momentum, it's about frame of mind. Imagine you are doing something requires 100% of your focus and energy and then in an instant, you'e automatically taken out of that state of mind? It's incredibly hard to get back into it. That's what Chen and Killian were talking about. It jacked up Momochi and completely fucked Gamerbee who had been in that frame of mind for HOURS.

How did it jack up Momochi to lose a round you were leading in and have your stick possibly fuck your chances? Did you measure their "in the zoneness" or something?

Stantron

You know what's crazy? If Gamerbee didn't wait so long for round two to time out, Momochi's would have kept his Razor stick which would have failed again in round three. They only switched it cause it failed the second time while they were waiting.

I'd like to see them do a live action setting free one year haha

like put up a fake wall on the stage and have someone badly lip sync to the voice clip, crowd goes "yayyyyyy"

I'm guessing this is a troll but...

No way he would give up a potentially tournament-winning round to try and mindgame an opponent. That's insnae.
everyone go back and check the round, Momochi had momentum going in, won the first round a bit on the comfortable side and already had 2 meters.

I feel like Gamerbee cracked in the last game and made too many mistakes. Momochi had the clear momentum and deserved the win. The real injustice would have been Gamerbee winning the last round after the pause.

Agreed. One thing I also didn't think about until just now is (speaking from experience although obviously never at this level), suddenly playing with a stick that isn't your own can be a really weird feeling.

KingBroly

Banned
What a rough and terrible way to end that Top 8. It was amazing. I didn't think it could top KI or Marvel, but HOLY SHIT that had to best Top 8 ever, as well as the most exhausting. Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals and Grand Finals were just magnificent until the end. I feel so bad for Gamerbee. For him to be in that state, to go through all of those tough matches and to be in a killer instinct state of mind only to have it ripped from him was heartbreaking and deflating.

It was a great Top 8, but DAMN DAMN DAMN, the way it ended blew.

Revven

What an EVO. So many upsets and a great way to cap off the event (barring the stick issues at the end). Til next year! Time to sleep. -_-

Totakeke

Would have been interested in why Gamerbee didn't choose Elena to fight E.Ryu like he did with Daigo. He was winning solidly because Ken couldn't dish out as much damage and he was relying on his pokes with Adon. He played the match pretty similarly against E.Ryu as he did with Ken, but Momochi had the advantage of putting out solid damage when he got in.

jwhit28

I'm physically tired from watching, I couldn't imagine playing for as long as Gamerbee had to. Won't a 2nd place finish almost guarantee him a Capcom Cup birth?

chrono01

You know what's crazy? If Gamerbee didn't wait so long for round two to time out, Momochi's would have kept his Razor stick which would have failed again in round three. They only switched it cause it failed the second time while they were waiting.
Haha, I didn't think of that. Wow. If he had decided to finish the match quickly, he would have won the tournament by default.

This.
Awful sportsmanship.
You can see Gamerbee face just dropped when Momochi was pretending/arguing for 3-4mins over the rule and then didn't ask for another stick until the ref told him and Gamerbee what the rule was.
So much delayed time and Gamerbee was just froze in his seat, unable to do anything but looked down at floor.
Fucking unsportsmanlike behavior.

Oh my god people, think this through.

Momochi was the one with the momentum at that moment. Why would he give up an entire round and potentially the whole tournament for the sake of mindgames?

Let's not pretend Momochi wasn't affected by the disconnect. He absolutely was, just like Gamerbee was. There's no evil "plan" to "ice" Gamerbee when something like this screwed with both of their heads.

Imm0rt4l

That would have been the worst possible thing possible. Shit.

braves01

Banned

That would have been a disaster.

BadAss2961

This.
Awful sportsmanship.
So much delayed time and Gamerbee was just froze in his seat, unable to do anything but looked down at the floor.
Fucking unsportsmanlike behavior from Momochi.
Is this serious? He was like, in the middle of combo with a life lead and had to eat a round in tournament game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom