• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's been 2 months so I doubt it.. Do you play? Most people netplay these days.. Especially for anime fighters since offline scenes are not as big as the capcom fighters..

I don't netplay Arc System Works fighters at all ever. I learned my lesson on Arc's terrible netcode with GG:XX:TMC: #R X-box Live. I'm never surprised when Guilty Gear's netcode turns out to be "TURRIBLE" from people. Never.

Also how long did it take for the #Reload custom netcode/online service support for PC?

Fitts

BdXIX9U.png

Lol... I have no idea who's in top 8 but I take it PL had a poor showing? How far did he make it?

hwateber

Can anyone explain to me (completely new to this) what a loser's bracket is? Like, you lose but you enter a separate bracket where if you win you can get back in? How does it work and how is it fair? Does every game at EVO have one? Honest questions.
Basically the tournaments are set up to be double elimination. When you get eliminated in the winners bracket you have another chance to work your way through the losers bracket. It's much more difficult and you can end up having to win a lot more matches depending on the size of the tournament and at what point you were knocked into losers. In grand finals, the person coming from losers bracket has to win an extra set. This is what's referred to as "resetting the bracket" since you're effectively knocking the other guy into losers bracket and you're now on even footing.

OceanBlue

Nah it was better IMO.. Woshige brought more hype than Galileo.. I also don't understand how BB 2014 gets so much dap and no one ever talks about the full runbacks and win Reynald had in KoF the year previous.. That was a game the US was perceived not as good as Mexico and Asia at and he not only won, but reset the bracket as well.. That shit was the hypest

I thought Dora's run was comparable to Woshige. Dora didn't have that stand up moment that Woshige had, but Woshige plays Millia while Dora plays Bang lol. Grand Finals in BB was also really ridiculous.

iori9999

Banned
I don't netplay Arc System Works fighters at all ever. I learned my lesson on Arc's terrible netcode with GG:XX:TMC: #R X-box Live. I'm never surprised when Guilty Gear's netcode turns out to be "TURRIBLE" from people. Never.

Also how long did it take for the #Reload custom netcode/online service support for PC?

The only good thing is like previous versions of GG on steam, there will be mods.. Hopefully sooner than later..

Been studying for finals and haven't been able to watch much if any, going to keep out and watch the Top 8's tomorrow but upon seeing the title I had to see who was in Top 8's.

Gods must die indeed, can hardly believe what I am seeing. Going to be an insane Top 8's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom