• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

iori9999

Banned
It wasn't as good as BB 2014 because of the crazy drama that unfolded out to be IMO, but the level of play in Xrd was so good. It was comparable.

Ask me in a day lol. I'm still too hype.

Nah it was better IMO.. Woshige brought more hype than Galileo.. I also don't understand how BB 2014 gets so much dap and no one ever talks about the full runbacks and win Reynald had in KoF the year previous.. That was a game the US was perceived not as good as Mexico and Asia at and he not only won, but reset the bracket as well.. That shit was the hypest

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
CKS8xoRUwAAoMiR.jpg:large

Here... my people... have a taste of greatness.

FluxWaveZ

Watching the quarter and semi-finals yesterday was my first exposure to MKX, it's a pretty awesome game to spectate, easy to follow whats going on.

I just never have fun watching NRS games played at a high level. A slight exception was Injustice, but everything is so stilted looking and just... eh. It's not for me; but I watch anyways.

I don't wanna be that guy

but MK music sure sucked

It's like the only fighting game series where the music is so bad and unmemorable. The only MK related song that I can ever recall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

cj_iwakura

I enjoy MK's music. I expect the tourney to be dull, but after KI brought that hype, I'll give it a fair shot.

Central Fiction better on the main stage next year.

Griss

Can anyone explain to me (completely new to this) what a loser's bracket is? Like, you lose but you enter a separate bracket where if you win you can get back in? How does it work and how is it fair? Does every game at EVO have one? Honest questions.

RC

Banned
Loving the orginal MK music on the stream now,

Reminds me all the great times I had playing MK back in the arcade back when.

JohngPR

So is the $12 stream worth it? Is it any better quality than a usual Twitch stream that's 60fps? It might be worth it if it can make Smash not look like a compressed mess.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The online is complete ass for that.. Worse than the PS3 version..

Someone will fix it eventually. But yeah, the online is ass. But you're generally not buying Arc System Works console/PC ports to play online. *cough*

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Late to the party but 12 dollars to subscribe, sub only chat and I can't pick the source quality unless I sub. The fuck, Evo.

Can anyone explain to me (completely new to this) what a loser's bracket is? Like, you lose but you enter a separate bracket where if you win you can get back in? How does it work and how is it fair? Does every game at EVO have one? Honest questions.

everyone starts in the winner's bracket. you lose once and you get knocked down to losers. lose again and you're out of the tournament. to win grand finals from losers you must knockthe remaining player from winner's into loser's and win an extra set against them.

iori9999

Banned
Someone will fix it eventually. But yeah, the online is ass. But you're generally not buying Arc System Works console/PC ports to play online. *cough*

It's been 2 months so I doubt it.. Do you play? Most people netplay these days.. Especially for anime fighters since offline scenes are not as big as the capcom fighters..

I don't wanna be that guy

but MK music sure sucked

Nah, it's not just you. There's a lot of nostalgia value in it, for sure, but there's a reason they've more or less completely moved on from the "classic" tracks. The fact most people remember the Genesis version of MK1 moreso than the SNES version probably doesn't help matters, either.

I am so goddamned upset right now. I missed ALL of Xrd though a combination of being tired as fuck and having family over for Sunday dinner. :(

How was it? Was in BB 2014 tier hype or just fun?

Hopefully for you the YouTube uploads are of good quality. I watched some Tekken 7 Grand finals today since I missed them while at work yesterday. And yeah it was like out of sync and stuff and the first video ended before the match ended. I won't type what I said after it ended abruptly. :| but yeah it probably just some strange event. You'll probably be fine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

It goes like this:

Pools->Winners of Pools
Pools (lose in)->Losers of Pools

Now then:

Win in Winners->Go to Semi.
Lose in Winners->Go to Losers.

Lose in Losers?->Eliminated
Win in Losers->Get a chance to get back into Winners/Semi's.

J-Skee

I just never have fun watching NRS games played at a high level. A slight exception was Injustice, but everything is so stilted looking and just... eh. It's not for me; but I watch anyways.

It's like the only fighting game series where the music is so bad and unmemorable. The only MK related song that I can ever recall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

Light a candle for the last decent video game movie. Although it sounds like Warcraft might change that.

You only live twice in Double Elimination brackets. Then in GF you have to beat your opponent twice because you have to put them in losers first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom