• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish Sako's Guilty Gear matches were streamed. Thought he would not do that well, ended up making it right towards the end and got bopped by a girl in loosers right near the tip of semis. So much for playing 20mins and getting to see vegas though, our boy was playing since 8am

OK no serious question, why are custom moves used? Wouldn't that take a long time to set up tournaments making sure everyone has their custom moves?

Does Mac get better custom moves?

fuck aba
happytears.gif

Heng

OK no serious question, why are custom moves used? Wouldn't that take a long time to set up tournaments making sure everyone has their custom moves?

Customs are predetermined sets so players have to adjust to the pre made sets rather than make their own.

If you use any Mac custom move set you don't have KO punch anymore. All his sets use the other charge punches.

Effect

Customs allow for different play styles and allow more characters to be viable at high skill levels I believe. I think for that reason alone they should be allowed. That way we don't encounter the issue I believe Melee has where people are only using the same handful of characters with that group actually shrinking I believe. The customs are unlocked before tournaments and since the same units are used in most local tournaments over and over again its not a problem for people to use them. Just the initial setup might take sometime I believe. Not sure if the the units supplied to Evo are already unlocked since they get them from Nintendo or if Evo staff have to unlock them themselves though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom