• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

Isn't he a top five-ish Sm4sh player with or without it?

He is, but a bunch of people who have been against customs (including ESAM himself) have criticized the HSB in particular for giving Pikachu way too easy of a ride since it covers his only one weakness.

Seems like it wasn't that big of a deal this time though. I assume most people, at this point, know to prepare for it. ESAM could have probably taken that win earlier if he didn't keep trying to land it.

Mumei

He is, but a bunch of people who have been against customs (including ESAM himself) have criticized the HSB in particular for giving Pikachu way too easy of a ride since it covers his only one weakness.

Seems like it wasn't that big of a deal this time though. I assume most people, at this point, know to prepare for it. ESAM could have probably taken that win earlier if he didn't keep trying to land it.

Oh, I know. I just meant that "carrying him" seemed to imply that he was using it as a crutch. And he actually made a video showing aerial combos into HSB. I'll be interested in seeing if he can pull it off against a real opponent.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
4t73QFW.png

Ok. Sigh.

NotLiquid

Oh, I know. I just meant that "carrying him" seemed to imply that he was using it as a crutch. And he actually made a video showing aerial combos into HSB. I'll be interested in seeing if he can pull it off against a real opponent.

Ah right. Poor choice of words on my part haha. Apologies.

I agree, it'd be interesting to see some HSB shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom