• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
People just gotta deal with the fact that we can't get crowd audio because they are piping the commentary out to them. Experience of the crowd is more important than the people watching on stream in this case. Sucks, but that's how it goes sometimes.

People just gotta deal with the fact that we can't get crowd audio because they are piping the commentary out to them. Experience of the crowd is more important than the people watching on stream in this case. Sucks, but that's how it goes sometimes.

No people are going to ignore this and complain for a couple more pages.

cordy

Banned
This bad sound takes the hype completely out of everything outside of the matches. It's like having an empty arena match in the WWE. Sure, the match could be great depending on the wrestlers but that doesn't say a thing in regards to fan interaction and feeding off what they're bringing. It's like having a private match.

I'd actually prefer the previous years places of play over this bigger production if the crowd's cut out like this.

AAK

Damn, Ryan sounds pretty nervous. He's usually such a good commentator, I hope he loosens up since he's really talented.

is the crowd actually muted? i thought that's how large arena crowds normally sound, but the WWE for example mics the crowd up really well... while places like the UFC don't really do a good job of it.

gngf123

Is that what it is? I was like, "I've never seen such a low energy Evo ever."

Why would they do this? It seems so lifeless!

See on the previous page. Apparently because of commentary being sent out to the audience, having a mic on them results in the stream having echoing commentary.

Makes sense, but it really is completely lifeless.

This bad sound takes the hype completely out of everything outside of the matches. It's like having an empty arena match in the WWE. Sure, the match could be great depending on the wrestlers but that doesn't say a thing in regards to fan interaction and feeding off what they're bringing. It's like having a private match.

I'd actually prefer the previous years places of play over this bigger production if the crowd's cut out like this.

8FT9vy4.gif

Eolz

No people are going to ignore this and complain for a couple more pages.

So they don't have anybody knowing how to do sound mixing?

Agreed. The matches are great, but it needs a loud crowd reaction and really hyped announcers. They're both essential, otherwise ... i dunno it's exactly like someone else said, it feels like a precursor to Evo rather than the hype that is Evo itself.

If it makes ur guys feel better, the game audio is really low in the arena as well. Haha. :(

I think its the mixers fault or the wires. You can here the bgm but not anything else.

depths20XX

There's gotta be a way for them to have crowd sound and commentary to the crowd without it sounding like shit. I'm sure it's done at other events.

RocBase

See on the previous page. Apparently because of commentary being sent out to the audience, having a mic on them results in the stream having echoing commentary.

Makes sense, but it really is completely lifeless.

yeah just read. oh well

back to the match!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom