• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigolo

GO MANGO

Fitts

I feel like this game would be a lot more hype to watch if it were two stock. There would be greater tension in these matches.

Xeteh

The irony....

Look, Melee top 8 is the event right now. I definitely appreciate the people that legitimately curious about Melee right now, but I dn't know why you're posting on GAF about this if you're gonna shitpost like youre on 4chan

It gets sorta old, if you can see what I'm saying

How was I shitposting? I've made jokes about the length of Melee matches but I don't care one way or another. So when have I shit on the quality of the game or mechanics of it?

EmiPrime

It's possible to like Melee and also think that its competitive scene has become so dry and insular as to be alienating to everyone not super into it. To an outsider these long matches are dull and lacking in tension.

The unwillingness to give Smash 4 a fair shot just because it isn't Melee HD has been a turn off too but that's another matter.

Pachinko

You know , I'm happy for how much everyone in this stadium is enjoying this smash bros but I just don't get it.

To wast the 4 block of time prepped for smash bros seems to be working , it started almost an hour late but we've only got a losers final and a grand final left ... It is best of 5 after this though so ... Maybe an hour tops ? I imagine they'll have a preshow if there's some time left before SFV starts.

KingBroly

Banned
Besides from this match, this Top 8 has been pretty dull. The only reason this one gives me some kind of tension is because it's a pretty even matchup between players. And honestly, it's not much of a rise in tension for me.

ynthrepic

Banned
It's possible to like Melee and also think that its competitive scene has become so dry and insular as to be alienating to everyone not super into it. To an outsider these long matches are dull and lacking in tension.

The unwillingness to give Smash 4 a fair shot just because it isn't Melee HD has been a turn off too but that's another matter.

Ive experienced the opposite. People like playing smash 4 because they can get back to the stage easily, but still enjoy watching top level melee and not 4. Super hard to be good at melee but only need to know a few things to enjoy watching it.

cordy

Banned
"Weird stage transformation"

Alright, I've had things on mute in Melee since this started but these guys don't know the game, do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom