• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob White

tumblr_nax5b5er0a1rhhc5no1_500.gif

Five more wins in winners and I think I'd make ESPN! Sounds doable to me!

Dahbomb

Poongko sucks at Tekken.

Scrubby play after scrubby play, so glad he got punished and didn't get carried by his clearly over powered character. Though he made top 8 so I guess he still got carried.

Man that reminds me of when you meaty Dhalsim in SF4 when he activates his Ultra. If you do nothing but a meaty normal then you eat the Ultra. But if you have a highly invincible move like Ryu or Akuma's EX SRK then you will pass through the Ultra and hurt Dhalsim more. Nice to see something like that in Tekken.

Poongko sucks at Tekken.

Scrubby play after scrubby play, so glad he got punished and didn't get carried by his clearly over powered character. Though he made top 8 so I guess he still got carried.

As someone who doesn't play or watch much Tekken. Is the character carrying him right now? Or in other words, is Akuma that good right now or is it because of how unfamiliar he is to the other players? Even I can tell that Poongko is not that good at Tekken.

cordy

Banned
Poongko sucks at Tekken.

Eh, he only lost due to his lack of Jack knowledge and major competitive knowledge. He doesn't suck at Tekken, I mean you could see he only lost because he didn't understand what was going on.

Deps

As someone who doesn't play or watch much Tekken. Is the character carrying him right now? Or in other words, is Akuma that good right now or is it because of how unfamiliar he is to the other players? Even I can see that it's not because Poongko is not that good at Tekken.

Hes decent at Tekken, but it's mostly Akuma being insane.

As someone who doesn't play or watch much Tekken. Is the character carrying him right now? Or in other words, is Akuma that good right now or is it because of how unfamiliar he is to the other players? Even I can see that it's not because Poongko is not that good at Tekken.

as far as I understand it the high risk high reward simplified playstyle for Akuma lets him bypass a lot of the actual game knowledge required for Tekken, since he doesn't need to care about movement or punishment

CSX

Overall its all of what you mention. Character is strong. The game is only a little over weak old so not much is known on how to beat the character. Poongko has played tekken before. He played Lars and Jin in the previous tekkens. It's not his main game so he doesnt know all the defense and punishes but he knows tekken 101
I mean every Korean FGC player has played tekken before. It's korea's game lol

Dahbomb

Goes for a million demon flips in the game despite getting anti aired into a juggle, wakes up with DP a million times, very basic movement and spacing with the character and just in general character shenanigans like FADC into big combo out of no where.

Though it's a combination of both, clearly a lot of people don't know the Akuma match up either. He's getting away with a lot of stuff though the Jack adjusted quite well to the shenanigans.

And by suck I mean "not as good as the top tier Tekken players". Clearly he is far better than average at the game, it's all relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom