• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 IOT2I Final day Final game - SFV Top 8 live on ESPN2

Has Infultration being so unbeatably ruined competitive SFV as far as character variety? The announcers mentioned people called Nash the best character after seeing Infultration also Joe said he studies him?

i dunno, infiltration was even more dominant in Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012 with Akuma and no one was picking up Akuma then

Qvoth

nash and chun are undeniable top 2 characters atm, they must get nerfed
just buff the characters at the bottom, the other A-A+ characters can stay the way it is and it should be perfect

Xeteh

just buff the characters at the bottom, the other A-A+ characters can stay the way it is and it should be perfect

Chun-Li has barely placed in tournaments until Evo. The only consistent Nash has been Infiltration.

Gren

I wonder if anyone none the wiser thinks the crowd noise from the stage is real-life banter.

It's thrown me off a few times, lol.

Can you blame them? The one reason for American casuals to watch just got eliminated. Hell, even my own mother called and said she was going to bed after Joe lost. No one wants to watch foreigners play.
I'm embarrassed by this as an American. I didn't even like SF4, but I'd watch for the OP international competition. This ain't a Rocky movie lol.

jwhit28

Too bad they couldn't save the Tokido vs Infiltration storyline for EVO. Infiltration is such a cool guy though that I never feel like "man, he won again". The crowds usually like cheering him.

Moaradin

Pretty widely considered that Ryu is the best character in the game. Chun and Nash are definitely top 5 though.

Chun li has barely placed in tournaments and Infiltration is pretty much the only consistent Nash.
If anyone gets nerfed, It'll be Ryu. He's very easily the best in the game.

VariantX

I think its more that they were focusing on him so much and interviewing him multiple times

This. There's 8 people playing, but no one else gets interviewed but Joe nor do they go into their backstory of why they're here. Of course it's probably because the others can't speak English well enough for network TV and need translators too.

Top Bottom