• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 IOT2I Final day Final game - SFV Top 8 live on ESPN2

Line_HTX

It's just like one of my Japanese animes

x3BNz4J.png

https://twitter.com/NForza26/status/754882738629386240

JAPAN KNOWS ITS MAIN CHARACTER!

SUGOI!

cordy

Banned
Super proud of Joe, I don't think anyone (including me) even expected him to win his first match. Couldn't have been a better look or story I'd imagine for the ESPN stuff either.

Speaking of which I need to go dig up the ESPN footage when they post it tomorrow or whenever, I have no (legal) way of watching it and it sounds like their production is way better than the twitch stream.

Yep. Can't beat that.

Joe had an underdog story, did well, was humble all the way through and even had a great interview at the end. That's the guy who won as far as I'm concerned because even if someone won this whole thing, Joe solidified himself tonight.

This. There's 8 people playing, but no one else gets interviewed but Joe nor do they go into their backstory of why they're here. Of course it's probably because the others can't speak English well enough for network TV and need translators too.

I think its the language thing. Or they dont care. Hehe

Qvoth

Chun-Li has barely placed in tournaments until Evo. The only consistent Nash has been Infiltration.

you can't deny those 2 characters are easily top 2, at least top 3 imo are the worst things you can say about them
when a character is that good, they should be nerfed, easy as that

Kodaman

They need to nerf this wack ass character. Get er outta hea!!!

She's BORING TO WATCH.

"SPINNINGU BOD KYAKKU" "KOKEN!" "BLAHBLAH" SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET DIS NERF

I miss Joe... :c

This is just cause they're "unknown" japanese players

Nash vs Nash can be seen as equally "boring"

tmdorsey

I'm about to be 40 years old in August. I remember playing Street Fighter II back in the day. I can't believe I'm sitting here watching Street Fighter being played on ESPN. WATTBA. LOL

Kodaman

you can't deny those 2 characters are easily top 2, at least top 3 imo are the worst things you can say about them

He is stating a fact.. yours is an opinion

easy as that

Laura in finals would be great. Would love to see a real surprise character come up but alas the competition was just too strong and numerous to let lower tier characters slip through the cracks.

Yeah, not many characters can deal with an expert turtle nor those brutal air lightning kicks.

Xeteh

Wait so is rmika top tier?

She's Mika tier.

She's good, not godlike but very strong.

They're strong but no, I don't think they're in need of a nerf. If they were overpowered they'd win everything. Chun hasn't won shit, Infiltration is the only Nash that wins. Ryu has won more and been more consistently in the top 8 and hell, Ken has won more tournaments.

They're fine, stop trying to balance the game when it is pretty much there.

Top Bottom