• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 IOT2I Final day Final game - SFV Top 8 live on ESPN2

jett

D-Member
Who is this yukadon dude, man.

Honestly, Li Joe aside, this is not a hype top 8. I can't remember the last time I ever saw so many mirror matches at Evo.

GorillaJu

Man that's fine if you don't like it but I'm loving this expert play here. It's not like I am watching bronze boyz go at it

There are always, always "yawn, boring" whiners during big tournaments.

It's excellent play, I think what's missing is likable players on stage. There's no Umehara, no Tokido, LI Joe was knocked out, guys like GO1 and MOV, while not unknown by any stretch, just aren't popular players in the western FGC.

Trickster

Only Mika can save us from the boredom. I bet the haters are feeling dumb now!

:O

I might just close the stream if the finals turns into a Nash mirrors honestly. It watch enjoyable to watch when gaf and everyone else was going crazy for joe. But without that hype element I'd rather go to sleep lol, it's fucking 6 am here...

cj_iwakura

Back to twitch for me, but wow, ESPN was unreal. I hope this did well and becomes a regular thing. How have the ratings been with their other game tournament showings?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Who is this yukadon dude, man.

Honestly, Li Joe aside, this is not a hype top 8. I can't remember the last time I ever saw so many mirror matches at Evo.

Yeah i agree.

No Tokido, no Momochi...

Not feeling the top 8 this year.

Megasoum

Banned
First time I watch the EVO finals... Roughly how long do you guys think there's left on that thing? Like 30min, 1h, 2h?

Trying to decide if it's worth it staying up to watch it.

Xeteh

First time I watch the EVO finals... Roughly how long do you guys think there's left on that thing? Like 30min, 1h, 2h?

Trying to decide if it's worth it staying up to watch it.

3 more sets: Winners Finals, Losers Finals and then Grand Finals.

Its hard to say how long it'll be because there are longer breaks for TV commercials.

What is all this nerf shit? If you're gonna spout that shit at least provide an example of what you think is OP. Otherwise you're just complaining for no reason.

The one thing you can argue is that Nash has an answer for everything, a get out of jail free reversal, stupid easy super cancel, and good damage on his bnb, as well as great normals and a great dash..

He's like the ideal character for this game but he's just kind of boring when played perfectly, and doesn't have any real uphill matchups.

Number_6

Oh my god, watching on ESPN2 now, and it's almost as annoying as the stuttering, freezing mess that is twitch because of how you can hear the echo of the other announcers in the background. Why didn't they just use the same announcers for both?

All y'all with stuttering twitch need to try out livestreamer. It's a little command line program, you tell it a stream and a quality, it plays it with VLC. No stuttering, smooth as butter if butter was able to stream live video.

I'm actually rooting for Fuudo because I don't want the possibility of a Nash mirror in GF. I think Nash vs Mika would be a pretty good match up to watch though. Nash playing keep away and Mika chasing from one end to another.

XenoRaven

There used to be no Momochi, no Tokido, no Gamerbee, no Fuudo, no Infiltration.

At some point new players rise. It's OK. Enjoy the game.

Top Bottom