• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 IOT2I Final day Final game - SFV Top 8 live on ESPN2

Hopefully Capcom and the community figures out a way to get more variety in the Top 8. By far my favorite was the one year where every single player was a playing a different character. Too much Nash, and not just because Inf won with Nash :p

Also, I loooooved the stage with custom Evo assets, but I fear playing on the same exact stage for 3+ hours was probably going to be monotonous. SFV has such a wide roster of beautiful stages that sadly never saw the light of day through Top 8. Maybe in future years they can put the custom wrestling stage for the finals (Winners + Losers + Grand), while the rest of the Top 8 has random stages (obv not Training or any banned stage).

Cnn7UzQVMAATbiz.jpg

perfect

Alucrid

Banned
Hopefully Capcom and the community figures out a way to get more variety in the Top 8. By far my favorite was the one year where every single player was a playing a different character. Too much Nash, and not just because Inf won with Nash :p

Also, I loooooved the stage with custom Evo assets, but I fear playing on the same exact stage for 3+ hours was probably going to be monotonous. SFV has such a wide roster of beautiful stages that sadly never saw the light of day through Top 8. Maybe in future years they can put the custom wrestling stage for the finals (Winners + Losers + Grand), while the rest of the Top 8 has random stages (obv not Training or any banned stage).

i mean, it happens sometimes. you can't force it. look at previous major top 8s and it ain't nothing like this.

Amazing top 8's for all the games, amazing production (watching on ESPN2 was so awesome to see) and another amazing EVO!

Congrats to all the players! Can't wait for next year!

Rudiano

Banned
Very underwhelming Top 8 tbh, the most exciting matches were the ones featuring Fuudo. The comebacks are just not as crazy as SF4 and their isnt any mind blowing tech that gets everyone hype like we saw in SF4 either. Lets hope Urien, Juri and season 2 can change all that for EVO 2017

Basketball

Things to know

Pokken is dead as an Evo game

Aris is certified best commentator (if you didn't know)

Tekken 7 Gon be Sick

Infiltration will stream again

i mean, it happens sometimes. you can't force it. look at previous major top 8s and it ain't nothing like this.

Definitely. I'm just saying as Capcom continues tweaking the balance, introducing new characters, and the community starts discovering new technology across the roster things'll get more fleshed out. Yeah the Top 8 being Nashville, TN got slightly monotonous but it's a new game so it's not surprising or really that disappointing, but hopefully next year the game and its meta evolves enough to blast open the roster variety.

phaonaut

"When I sat and fought Justin Wong, I was shivering. I was scared and nervous. But after getting past him, I calmed down," Gonzalez said. "The good thing was that my matches were one after the other. The more I played, the more precise and warmer I became. At that point, it was everyone's cold hands against me. I was just super focused. I'm glad they let me keep playing. It was a gauntlet. As much as people want that break, I don't."

From ESPN chris g article.
http://espn.go.com/esports/story/_/id/17097178/was-everyone-cold-hands-me

Well, guys, revel in it, because we won't see it again for a while:

eJveVGu.png

cBiYo84.png

FAQASsi.png

(I didn't capture all the games, sorry)
(Those aren't peak numbers)

Until next year. Goodnight everyone.

Daigo: We had one fucking job, get Tokido to Top 8 so he could stop Infiltration. You think I wanted to lose? Of course not but I did so Tokido could advance. But you(Yukadon) and you(Eita) just had to fuck things up.

Everyone in the top 8 should have a meeting "We should let Li Joe win EVO, it would make ESPN bust a nut and throw money at the scene. Play for the long con boys!"

I don't know what the reaction of EVO on ESPN from non gaming fans are but I can tell you a bunch of random casual watchers didn't care too much watching a bunch of Japanese guy + infiltration play street fighter.

No doubt. That was the best I saw this weekend.

I'd say my match of EVO was PR Balrog vs Bonchan... with Eduardo clinching a win with a double KO. If he had more time with Balrog I really think he would have been top 8 easily.... he had some amazing clutch comebacks.

Neoxon

Things to know

Pokken is dead as an Evo game

Aris is certified best commentator (if you didn't know)

Tekken 7 Gon be Sick

Infiltration will stream again
  • MKX went out with a bang, & Injustice 2 has a tough act to follow
  • Street Fighter V has a bright competitive future ahead of it
  • ESPN's presentation of EVO blew Twitch's out of the water
  • Melee still has life in it
  • Smash 4 had great viewership given the conditions the game was under

Altazor

Very underwhelming Top 8 tbh, the most exciting matches were the ones featuring Fuudo. The comebacks are just not as crazy as SF4 and their isnt any mind blowing tech that gets everyone hype like we saw in SF4 either. Lets hope Urien, Juri and season 2 can change all that for EVO 2017

Luffy winning 2014 with Rose and playing with a PS1 stick remains a high point. Man, that was hype.

Top Bottom