• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 IOT2I Final day Final game - SFV Top 8 live on ESPN2

ESPN has blown everyone out of the water in terms of presentation. Things like SF Crash and Redbull Kumite really show where the potential is hopefully we get more things like this.

Zackat

Gootecks's face after "Download complete"

MMPcgR7.png

new twitch chat emoticon pls

confirmed Melee got the most viewers this year right? 213k vs ~180k of SFV

With a huge asterisk due to ESPN 2, but yeah Melee had the most stream viewers.

Also SF was over 200k at the beginning before LI Joe got booted, but after that it hovered around 180ish counting all streams

Loved the weekend. Loved seeing SF V on ESPN. Their presentation was so excellent. I want all tournaments to have that level of coverage. I wish we got some of the other big names into the top 8 for the character variety but it was still great.

And now that it's over I wish there was a stream or something to turn to like for sports tv/radio to wind down from the hype.

Eidan

Just watched the MXK finale and holy fuck was that an INCREDIBLE GRAND FINAL

Wow, blown away with that mach. Pure hype the whole time
Yep. I've always loved MK, so I never understand how anyone could dislike it. Fun to play, and high level play is awesome to watch. MKX easily had the best top 8 and grand final of the tournament.

confirmed Melee got the most viewers this year right? 213k vs ~180k of SFV

On Twitch Melee definitely beat SFV. I think it was more like 230k(with international restreams) compared a max of 210k(also with restreams). But SFV had ESPN which probably adds another 100-200k. So it was definitely the most watched game unless only like a few thousand people watched one of the most popular channels on Cable/Satellite TV during that time.

Thinking about next year's potential lineup, jeez.

For sure: SFV, Marvel, Melee, Smash 4, Xrd, KoF, Tekken 7, Injustice, KI

Maybe: MKX, Pokken, BlazBlue

Will next year be a 4-day event?

Neoxon

MKX is most likely getting replaced outright by Injustice 2, while I could easily see Pokkén Tournament getting replaced by King of Fighters XIV. The real question is if there's room for both Guilty Gear & Blazblue (and if not, which one will come out on top).

They can run more stuff concurrently and more finals on Friday and Saturday. Also, I would cut one game from Sunday or start earlier so east coast doesn't have to stay up past midnight.

ynthrepic

Banned
I mean if you want to discount the hundreds of thousands (if not millions) watching on ESPN, then sure.

going by some of the reactions it probably had a big drop in viewership for people not interested in videogames. Are we including people who just happened to tune in and not people who actually stay and watch it?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
because you dont like it?

More like because nobody likes it. I don't think anyone was hyped for it. I lasted like ten minutes checking it out and then clocked out. It's Street vs Juggle level of bad.

DOWNLOAD COMPLETE

Call an ambulance.

DOWNLOAD COMPLETE.

GATDAYUM!

Infiltration:

jN2a4ZR.gif

Download complete! Oh my days

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HOLY FUCKING ETHER

Hahaha, holy shit

DOWNLOAD COMPLETE

OHHHHH DAAMMMMNNNN

lol I love Infiltration, what a troll.

infiltration is such a great guy. A good representation for the community

DOWNLOAD COMPLETE! THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT!

LOL!!!!!!

LMAO INFILTRATION IS A GOD

That Gootecks moment.

and hahah Download complete!

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gootecks's face after "Download complete"

MMPcgR7.png

『Inaba Resident』;210389367 said:

the hero we deserve.

Quick question is KI gonna be safe to appear next year or are we thinking its bouncing? I thought KI and MKX were the most fun Top 8 this year. I have a feeling MKX may no show next year due to Injustice 2 which is a bummer because that Finale was the best part of all of EVO 2016 imo

Top Bottom