• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 IOT2I Final day Final game - SFV Top 8 live on ESPN2

Ultimadrago

Out of those I wanted to win:

Braixen (Pokken) - Check

Hungrybox (Melee) - Check

Fuudo's R.Mika (Street Fighter V) - Ded

Marlinpoo~ (Guilty Gear) - Ded

2 out of 4? I'll take it!

Darkman M

Start with a trailer for Juri, move into a trailer for the modes people have been asking for and some stuff people didn't even know was coming, end with some teasers for the next season...

Bam!

Everyone is talking about SFV again. The hype is real.

I think having a great showing on ESPN2 did just that. I would have loved for some crazy announcement though, but oh well.

That son of a bitch is cheating on us and crying for other people.
vHrEiC7.png

How are we missing this ;_;

Awesome showing from ESPN. Top notch production values despite what was happening through the main stage twitch streams all day long. I really hope they can expand their EVO coverage to feature more games next year, although that might be difficult given that two of the top games are too gory or weird for normal audiences, one is probably hard to get rights to show on TV, and one is an over 15 year old party game. That being said the top 8 of all the events I watched were really good this year so hopefully they can make it happen. SF5 is good and all but EVO is so much more then just that and I hope they can showcase more next year.

Damn, I really wanted Fuudo to win it. His Mika is so good...... But those reactions and Infil downloading him was crazy. Kind of felt it was a bit arrogant of him to say that but ughhh looks like he won yet again. I won't lie but this guy isn't human. Nobody can pull those reactions... It's like a fucking cpu.

Capcom Cup is in December, where there's a LOT more competition for airtime on Sunday nights (Basketball and Football especially), so unfortunately I don't think ESPN will pick it up. Hopefully they get Evo again next year, the broadcast was leaps and bounds above the twitch stream (especially this year, with all the audio problems...)

Seems like because of ESPN we didn't to see top 8 medals thats kinda lame to be honest, but it showing on espn can only be seen as a positive. I was rooting for Mika, and Fuudo, but I like seeing Infil win so its all good.

Despite any contrary talk, infiltration is hype incarnate.

Dude brings it every time and makes you as the streamer glad you were a part of it.

Don't know how he keeps doing it but I hope it never stops. Reminds me of Jordans glory days. You just know you were watching something special.

Thanks infiltration!!

Anyways, LIjoe matches were awesome. Dude is hella cool and I sincerely hope he comes back harder next year.

nikos

Now that it's all over...

How happy is everyone that the ESPN broadcast was pretty much perfect? It's fucking great. I thought they were going to end up fucking something up for some reason. Sigh of relief.

Other than the audio mixing being pretty bad, it was a great broadcast. Went back to twitch a couple of times and noped right out of it. I'd love to see future majors on ESPN.

Top Bottom