• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Lucumo

It will stay, it's ESPORTS friendly. If anything, Melee will get axed for DBZ

Won't happen, unless they don't care about the viewers. It had the most last year and the second most this year in the semis (finals don't count as it will of course have the most today).

MrDaravon

The two Smash games draw way too many entrants with minimal overlap (aka lots of money) for one to get dropped short of some sort of extreme external factor like Nintendo not allowing Melee or something super extreme.

sinkfla87

So, Injustice 2 finals was an Aquaman mirror?

Something tells me it won't be at EVO next year.

You know who won't be at Evo next year?
AQUAMAN

I do think it's funny though that when the game first came out everyone said Deadshot was broken and needed to be patched. Deadshot ain't got shit on forkman.

Like i said before i stopped playing BB on the second game, so i maybe have some anti-Arakune bias ;)

Buut to be fair, i'm not american so i cant share some of Gaf exciment for USA players

I'm agreeing with you. Arakune is boring to watch, and the crowd feels the same way.

I know what Top 8 I'm skipping tomorrow. Embarrassing that an open racist continues to be sponsored and featured predominately in tournaments.

The other competitors had nothing to do with what Chris G did. That's like boycotting an entire NFL season because some scumbag did something heinous.

I'll be tuning in to support those other competitors and the hard work they put in. I hope Prodigy continues to kick some ass.

robot

I'm amazed both Smash games get so many entrants with such awful pots.

You'd think Nintendo would throw a few bucks in there or something, especially for Smash Wii U.

Damn, all 4 of the melee gods are in the winners semis. Will anything mix that up?

Just to correct you, there are 5 gods. The 5th god PPMD has been inactive for some time, and Leffen (the "God slayer") was upset and placed 9th.

Also it's pretty typical that the gods make it to winners semis.

I'm not sure that's any different on the other end, it didn't look like Hungrybox called the other guy up.

I feel like they may have done the right thing here. Unfortunately both SFAT and G-money were clearly exchanging words, whether they were being "serious" or not without them being mic'd I'm not sure you want to make a subjective call.

Yeah, I don't think it's that much of an issue to be honest, especially since SFAT is still in.

They will bend over backwards to find ways not to DQ notable pro players. This will continue for as long as the FGC is the FGC.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if it was the other way around... (SFAT getting real coaching while HBox & friend making fun of him)

The worst casters for this, great...

Yeah... I was hoping Prog was going to commentate (with someone like D1 or TK). Toph is alright, but I really can't stand Scar's commentary.

Just to correct you, there are 5 gods. The 5th god PPMD has been inactive for some time, and Leffen (the "God slayer") was upset and placed 9th.

Also it's pretty typical that the gods make it to winners semis.

I thought PPMD was at Evo? I swear I saw him play

patchday

Yeah that was an Arakune mirror just now ;(

Want to see more character from BB Calamity Trigger get some playtime (since I"m currently playing through Calamity for the story)

You know what's funny, Izanami, Izayoi, and Carl are generally considered stronger than Arakane (at least last time I checked and read up on it). Also Nine and Rachel are up there. Arakune's weakness is that he uses his OD offensively, so he can be screwed on defense, has low health, and awkward movement. But once he gets the party started, he invites 50000000 friends to the party. Which generally isn't fun to play against and watch.

Yeah, I don't think it's that much of an issue to be honest, especially since SFAT is still in.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if it was the other way around... (SFAT getting real coaching while HBox & friend making fun of him)

Yeah... I was hoping Prog was going to commentate (with someone like D1 or TK). Toph is alright, but I really can't stand Scar's commentary.

I thought PPMD was at Evo? I swear I saw him play

PPMD hasn't competed at a singles tournament since March 2016.

I'm agreeing with you. Arakune is boring to watch, and the crowd feels the same way.

Oh i undertand what did you mean now
Yeah, it can get really old fast... I was expecting to see some big changes since CS, and when i begin to watch the stream the arakune infestation comes just like before.

Top Bottom