• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Lucumo

Just to correct you, there are 5 gods. The 5th god PPMD has been inactive for some time, and Leffen (the "God slayer") was upset and placed 9th.

Also it's pretty typical that the gods make it to winners semis.
PPMD should really be put out of the whole thing, in my opinion. Just replace him with Leffen.

Colors also still not fixed...

.la1n

The other competitors had nothing to do with what Chris G did. That's like boycotting an entire NFL season because some scumbag did something heinous.

I'll be tuning in to support those other competitors and the hard work they put in. I hope Prodigy continues to kick some ass.

I'm choosing not to not support any event/organizer/stream that supports racism. In regards to your example; if I watched football I'd do the same. The other players may not be part of the problem but the ones sitting back collecting checks in silence sure as hell are.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Chris G vs. RyanLV looks fated. Chris wins he will be the GOAT of Marvel 3 free.

giphy.gif

Pls no

patchday

Commentators were saying that BB is bigger and is either the biggest (not-arena i.e. Gundam) fighting game or second to Tekken.

That cant be right can it? GG Xrd has double the entrants of BB. That's more money for Evo isn't it?

Idk for sure myself. But I do know GG Xrd has way more entrants then BB cause it's in the OP lol

Lmao @ Haggar in bullet hell between two Morrigans XD

Yipes: "yea man that looked pretty violent"

EDIT:: YIPES KILLIN IT ON THIS MATCH XD

"My man Haggar FLEXES HIS CHEST for hits"

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
I know it sells better. And according to Jiyuna it's the bigger game in arcades.

Commentators were saying that BB is bigger and is either the biggest (not-arena i.e. Gundam) fighting game or second to Tekken.

Interesting. I guess it makes sense because BB was holding it down for years while GG was in legal limbo. Also, being released after SF4 must've helped it in some way.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope Infinite isn't a barrel of bullshit but man, SFV...

I don't know much about SFV, but given the way it's talked about I'd think SF4 would come back as an replacement or alternate.

That cant be right can it? GG Xrd has double the entrants of BB. That's more money for Evo isn't it?

Idk for sure myself. But I do know GG Xrd has way more entrants then BB cause it's in the OP lol

BB is more popular in Japan, which is where most of these top anime players are from. Evo is a US tournament and the BB scene is small and doesn't have much of a legacy as GG in the states.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Joey D made it to top 8 so Chris G can have a meltdown against him again. Except maybe this time someone will call him out on his bullshit

I'm choosing not to not support any event/organizer/stream that supports racism. In regards to your example; if I watched football I'd do the same. The other players may not be part of the problem but the ones sitting back collecting checks in silence sure as hell are.

Then do us all a favor & don't support this thread by not posting in it. I get why you hate Chris G but seriously you are being annoying.

Korigama

Damn, Jona lost. Should've stuck with Mai from the very beginning for his set with Dora I'd say (rather than wasting a match with Valkenhayn), but still did well to get that far (and at the very least didn't lose to a freaking Arakune in the end).

I'd say put Melee on the charity drive next year, but that seems like a guaranteed win.

It's sort of amusing seeing Smash 4 and Melee communities trade shots though.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The Capcom Fighters stream had the most viewers of all EVO streams today until it ended and yesterday. SFV draws a lot of views, anyone thinking CAPCOM isn't going all in with SFV is delusional.

Top Bottom