• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

IronLich

No Laura
No Balrog
No Urien
No Ibuki

What are tiers?

I'm actually worried that Punk's sheer domination of the tournament scene means that Karin gets dismembered by the next balance patch just like Nash did when he took EVO last year.

Dahbomb

tpgZWOt.gif

Never has this been more appropriate.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually worried that Punk's sheer domination of the tournament scene means that Karin gets dismembered by the next balance patch just like Nash did when he took EVO last year.
Hm, I don't think so. No other Karin gets even close.
And all they ever did to her in various balance patches were two tiny nerfs to st.lk and st.mk and give her that air-to-air chain combo.

They didn't even remove her broken reset!

She'll be fine.

Spuck-uk

Banned
lol@that 4 hour block for smash 4 top 8. There's really nothing that can be done about that game to make that a little more reasonable? I feel bad for the marvel players needing to be there in like an hour.

Removing it from Evo or putting both smash games on friday/saturday finals seems more reasonable

Lulubop

Much better than last year. I hope I'll be able to watch it without getting spoiled tomorrow....
The character selection couldn't be better.

Fuck that 4h Smash block
Yea and you got the two big favoites, crowd favorites like Itazan and Tokido, Moke making a name for himself, Champ the shit bag, and just solid dudes Kaz and MOV. good shit

Korigama

Not that I know of. Every US player I saw in the semis was free. BB's popularity in Japan makes them almost untouchable.
One Mai player, Jona, was quite good among the US players, but he still fell short when it came time to make top 8 and Dora won out over him (albeit a slot in the losers bracket).

Crazy how yesterday was already the last day of EVO! Entire Sunday freed up now.

----

I didn't even watch Melee grand finals because the result was obvious, RIP

---

Sad Chu didn't make top 8

lol@that 4 hour block for smash 4 top 8. There's really nothing that can be done about that game to make that a little more reasonable? I feel bad for the marvel players needing to be there in like an hour.

Just like last year, it's not going to take anywhere near 4 hours (more like 2.5), it's just there as a buffer for SFV.

MrDaravon

Oh MAN I had totally forgotten about that Freiza cosplay lol

Also like how Mike Ross somehow managed to make it into a Marvel 3 Evo opening montage

cj_iwakura

A pending announcement for the inevitable Extend version for CF would be nice, but I'd rather not get my hopes up.

I had a dream Jubei was confirmed. It's a sign.

Personally I think Chrono Phantasma was better overall, but I'm probably just bitter over Tsubaki's changes. (Yes I know she was buffed, but they took away one of my favorite tools.)

Also prefer Mori's crisp art.

pooptest

I can't find EVO on ESPN2(HD). Trying to pre-record with DirecTV via mobile / website.

Anyone know if it's not going to be on there now? I DID find it on DIsneyXD, though.

Dr.Hadji

Removing it from Evo or putting both smash games on friday/saturday finals seems more reasonable

Nah, they should just remove the games I don't to make more time for it.

But seriously though, it's not going to take nearly that long. As it has been said before, Bo3 until the finals. That and 6 for the top 8 are fairly agro players (5 if Salem gets behind in the set count and camps). That and and the Smash 4 offensive meta has come along way, at two stock the finals should be comparable to Melee's in terms of length.

Top Bottom