• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

When this game is out and playable. I'm sure it's going to be entertaining watching high level play of it.
Yeah, I don't doubt it. I'm still disappointed with the roster (especially now, considering Jedah more or less confirms the Ryce leak), but I'm sure the game will be fun to play and watch.

So, since people are saying this is Mahvel 3's last year at Evo main stage, how long is Blazblue gonna last, since Central Fiction is the final game in the series?

Maybe another year but dont forget there is Infinite and Dragonball on the horizion.

Also dont forget ARMS for real!

So, since people are saying this is Mahvel 3's last year at Evo main stage, how long is Blazblue gonna last, since Central Fiction is the final game in the series?

Yeah, BlazBlue is going to be 3rd on the anime list behind DBZ and Revelator 2. Maybe 4th if they conjure up another Persona fighting game.

People literally bash the game in all aspects except the gameplay. Mainly the game looks bad, no x-men characters (with reasons given that make people think that Capcom PR are calling them idiots like "You don't get X-men characters in the game because you don't remember them" and "you only want them because they function well" and things along those lines. Not literally of course, but people took offense to that).

Gameplay itself still looks good, especially with what we saw. Overall though, Capcom still has a long way to go before they can win people over with this game.

I'm convinced more than ever that there is a strong agenda among certain people to make any Capcom fighting game or Capcom product look as bad as possible and have people jump on the bandwagon of hate using clever gifs and memes that poke at specific aspects and down play any positive reception as "shills" or "fanboys". You never see this with other games.

Hopefully the positive impressions of the gameplay and hype around the game will break through the sea of nonsense about character faces.

mas8705

Don't be shocked if Blazblue gets replaced with Xrd Rev 2, and/or DBZF next year on the main stage.

ZangBa

Infinite's roster is super wack for the most part, but having X, Zero and Sigma all in one game like this is a miracle I cannot resist.

Hyun Sai

I'm convinced more than ever that there is a strong agenda among certain people to make any Capcom fighting game or Capcom product look as bad as possible and have people jump on the bandwagon of hate using clever gifs and memes that poke at specific aspects and down play any positive reception as "shills" or "fanboys". You never see this with other games.

Hopefully the positive impressions of the gameplay and hype around the game will break through the sea of nonsense about character faces.

You didn't follow KoF XIV did you ^^. There is no agenda here, if it looks bad, people say it looks bad.

My favorite anime fighting game moment happened with Guilty Gear finals years ago where a person popped off thinking they won, but only won a round and got bodied while away from his controller

cj_iwakura

Oh god, why is Izanami in Top 8. (I know why she is, but I can't stand her.)

Wait, using Nine?

My favorite anime fighting game moment happened with Guilty Gear finals years ago where a person popped off thinking they won, but only won a round and got bodied while away from his controller

That was BlazBlue, lol.

Top Bottom