• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Do you guys think there will be any announcement after the Smash finals is over?

Is there precedent for this? Has NoA or NoJ taken even a little interest in community-driven events to promote their games or make announcements outside of the controlled confines of their Directs?

EhoaVash

DE5ExFRVwAAu7MU.jpg

Wow, was the FGC this cruel to Melee last year. Or the did they just manage to pack the house more on there own to still make it look good? I have no idea but I feel like last year the SF guys stuck around during Melee. But it looks like everybody bailed on the the Smash 4 guys this year.

Skab

Who is SFV top 8 losers.

Winners bracket
PG|Punk (Karin) vs. DNG|Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
Liquid|NuckleDu (Guile, R. Mika) vs. GGP|Kazunoko (Cammy)

Losers bracket
Moke (Rashid) vs. GRPT|MOV (Chun-Li)
FOX|Tokido (Akuma) vs. SPY|Filipino Champ (Dhalsim)

personally pulling for Itabashi or Tokido

Skilletor

From the perspective of someone who doesn't follow Smash and only even watches it during EVO, I find 4 100% easier to follow than whatever the fuck is going on during your average Melee match.

This.

It helps that I get to see bayonetta and cloud and don't have to hear the annoying ass music on the 3 stages they choose for melee tournaments.

Kalor

Wow, was the FGC this cruel to Melee last year. Or the did they just manage to pack the house more on there own to still make it look good? I have no idea but I feel like last year the SF guys stuck around during Melee. But it looks like everybody bailed on the the Smash 4 guys this year.

It seems like a lot of people just went out to eat before Street fighter later.

It's also possible people just took the earliest possible opportunity to deal with biological needs before the inexorable deathmarch to the end of EVO begins and you run out of time to take care of such things. The numbers will pick back up.

Winners bracket
PG|Punk (Karin) vs. DNG|Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
Liquid|NuckleDu (Guile, R. Mika) vs. GGP|Kazunoko (Cammy)

Losers bracket
Moke (Rashid) vs. GRPT|MOV (Chun-Li)
FOX|Tokido (Akuma) vs. SPY|Filipino Champ (Dhalsim)

personally pulling for Itabashi or Tokido
Crossing all my fingers and dicks for Itabashi to rep the Scoop Nation

Top Bottom