• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Mory Dunz

Why do people complain so much.

If you're posting right now, then you not taking that 3 hr pee break you want everyone to know about.

But if you're posting while peeing, then that's nasty and you need to wash your hands
;)

mas8705

Smash 4 last year, prime slot, Saturday finals: 71k
Melee this year, prime slot, Saturday finals: 128k

Hmm...

This is still comparing last year to this year and chances are that people might not have had as much interest for Smash 4 from last year as there is for this year (not like we can compare numbers considering that Twitch crashed halfway through the top 8)

At least Twitch is getting back up and running.

pooptest

What the hell was up with that? I had to switch to that Youtube restream lol

No clue. I just had it up on another tab (Twitch still working), because I wanted to hear the difference in the commentators. All of a sudden I had 4 people talking on my computer, lol.

I think Twitch commentators seem a little better.

Effect

There's just less people in the arena this year than last. That's all. No conspiracy theories necessary.

I was wondering about this as well. They raised the prices right? I was curious to how attendance was overall compared to last year.

Also I believe tickets for the grand finals is separate from the tickets from the first 2 days. So you have to pay twice if you want to be seated today.

Jigolo

But that can also be simply seen as Evo growing; since there is no controlled variable in that comparison.

I watch most Smash majors. It's the same. Melee viewership is always much higher. For some reason people feel attacked when that is said but it's true. As a fan of all smash games.

Is Twitch only dead if you tried to refresh? Just wondering because I left my stream on and it's still working just fine. But when I opened another tab and went to the website I see nothing but a white background.

Neoxon

F43F2A73C34CE3560579CA926B629FD18A2AF289

WillyFive

Is Twitch only dead if you tried to refresh? Just wondering because I left my stream on and it's still working just fine. But when I opened another tab and went to the website I see nothing but a white background.

You cannot load new pages on Twitch. If you were connected to one of their streams, they will still work, but it appears Twitch servers stopped accepting new queries, meaning they are practically down.

Top Bottom