• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

mas8705

The price to enter also got jacked up quite a bit because of the venue

Wonder if that will mean that they want to change up Venues or if something needs to be discussed to try and make things more reasonable. Hell knows that the price difference is definitely showing if the registration numbers and the supposed "empty seats" mean anything.

ScribbleD

For perspective, they were selling 1 day spectator passes at the door on Friday for $40. I entered 2 games and paid $100 for reg. That doesn't include the 50+ dollars for Sunday tickets.

I'm staying at Mandalay and the hotel alone for 3 nights is >600.

Food prices in the venue are also outrageous. We're talking $8 for an 8oz Red Bull.

All of this plays a large role in making this year's Evo prohibitively expensive for a lot of folks. There's less new game sheen this year, too.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
For perspective, they were selling 1 day spectator passes at the door on Friday for $40. I entered 2 games and paid $100 for reg. That doesn't include the 50+ dollars for Sunday tickets.

I'm staying at Mandalay and the hotel alone for 3 nights is >600.

Food prices in the venue are also outrageous. We're talking $8 for an 8oz Red Bull.

All of this plays a large role in making this year's Evo prohibitively expensive for a lot of folks. There's less new game sheen this year, too.
I wonder if that's the reason a lot of people just didn't return after last year. Because that one had a lot of newcomers.

Top Bottom