• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Neoxon

dbz looks ok, needs more play style variety tho.
There's potential for that. 17 could be kick-centric (see Chun-Li), Hit could be counter-based (see Kolin), & Piccolo could be a more technical character. I'd say that Beerus could be a glass cannon, but I'm not sure if the glass part fits his character.

KuGsj.gif

Billy Willy is the best.

Fuck LTG.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dbz looks ok, needs more play style variety tho.

after my initial reveal hype worse off, this is imediatly what I thought. All the characters look the same. I mean, thats faithful to the show I guess, but it makes for a dull game in the longrun. I'm sure Aksys will make them different enough hopefully.

LiK

after my initial reveal hype worse off, this is imediatly what I thought. All the characters look the same. I mean, thats faithful to the show I guess, but it makes for a dull game in the longrun. I'm sure Aksys will make them different enough hopefully.

Not worried, got a ton more characters to be added. People still learning the game so everything seems a bit basic so far.

Is that even possible though considering it is DBZ?

should have made a jojo or hunter x hunter game

Or really, Naruto would actually make the most sense for a 3v3 game cause the story specifically supports it.

Any of them have more interesting power sets with more creative fighting strategies.

Anth0ny

So far we have 3 saiyans, a guy with saiyan cells, Freeza and Boo.

I'm positive the character diversity will come. Piccolo should be a whole different animal compared to the saiyans, for example.

Or really, Naruto would actually make the most sense for a 3v3 game cause the story specifically supports it.

Any of them have more interesting power sets with more creative fighting strategies.

Yu Yu Hakusho would be hype.

I wonder if they'll just make a Jump crossover after DBFZ

Lulubop

Is that even possible though considering it is DBZ?

Honestly if it were any other dev I'd say no, because your right. That's the biggest prob with DB as a series. I have faith in ASW tho.

Same, it was my game at e3 but I need to see something else. Was hoping Trunks and Piccolo would be in the EVO build and would bring functions

Yea, but they don't carry the weight like the DB IP. Maybe Naruto, 10 years ago.

Jojo would be excellent as a 1v1 game.

Omnicent

Another character with the same-looking fireballs. That is sure to bring variety.

I didn't know saiyans had dhalsim like limbs and regenerating body parts (fyi fireballs are not the be all end all).
THere is room to have variety and there was a dev commentary that went over why they had similar characters in the earlier builds during E3.
I'll see if I can find it.

I hope they do Mr Satan like he was in Budokai with all of his dumb gadgets lol

peter0611

One of the few positives of sub-only chat for the official EVO channels is that there's a cost to being a stream monster. The chat for Capcom Fighter channel is insufferable with the female commentator currently on.

jett

D-Member
I didn't know saiyans had dhalsim like limbs and regenerating body parts (fyi fireballs are not the be all end all).
THere is room to have variety and there was a dev commentary that went over why they had similar characters in the earlier builds during E3

I have to be honest I don't remember piccolo being sim-like at all. :p I'll take your word for it.

Top Bottom