• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Kid playing Smash 4 right now looks straight up like this kid a bit older

MxbxUo2HRpaWM00jqobo_Kid%20Swag.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No Kate has been a SF player for a long time. Very unfair the way some people treat her. She supports her scene is a good person.

Sure her mic skills might not be the best but she will improve with time and does her homework you can even see she is taking notes between games.

GO KATE! 😊
Figured they wouldn't put some random person on. I didn't find her commentary offensively bad or anything. They need to turn her mic up, it's super quiet.

Dahbomb

huh, ok. They looked more similar than that but I've only watched 2 sets.
They are still pretty similar, it's like Ken (Vegeta) vs Ryu (Goku) type thing where if you haven't played the game or the characters you would think they are similar but they have enough changes to differentiate their playstyles/focus a bit.

No Kate has been a SF player for a long time. Very unfair the way some people treat her. She supports her scene is a good person.

Sure her mic skills might not be the best but she will improve with time and does her homework you can even see she is taking notes between games.

GO KATE! 😊

It's always fun discovering new commentators during Evo. Screw the haters.

JeTmAn81

Kate is...pretty bad on commentary. She's a legit FGC member but she wouldn't be up there if she wasn't a woman, IMO. Not that I'm objecting.

BadWolf

Man the Xiaohai vs Xiaohu match was crazy, not only is this the first time I saw Xiaohai this shook in KoF but it was because of Love Heart.

Xiaohu basically had it and then did a raw max activation by mistake and gave Xiaohai a free combo for the finish.

MadKoF is out. Reynald is in losers and so is M' (the world champ).

BadWolf

KoF top 8 via Gato Ray:

Winners
Luis Cha (MEX) vs Xiaohai (CHN)
White Ash (UAE) vs ET (TWN)

Losers
M' (JP) vs TC Pako (MEX)
Reynald (USA) vs ZJZ (TWN)

Stacked.

Watched one round and had a good time. Capcom stream makes it really welcoming to new comers. Weird how the crowd is sitting in the dark. Find it funny that players aren't even shaking hands coming from Dota tournaments.

Chat is toxic as usual. Might watch some Smash and Street Fighter.

edit. Some players.

It's hilarious how they almost always just play that on metroid song during the breaks of The Jump Off. Butt I've been enjoying the stream a lot. Have real high hopes for it tomorrow when upsets will happen left and right.

Top Bottom