• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Another character with the same-looking fireballs. That is sure to bring variety.

Omnicent

I have to be honest I don't remember piccolo being sim-like at all. :p I'll take your word for it.

He does not do it as much currently, but he has done it in both Dragon Ball and in Z (though less later on as the series progressed).
Though in the various games he tends to have moves where he uses the stretch limb trait that namekians have.

Dahbomb

They aren't going to make Piccolo a Sim-like full on zoner, he is still an aggressive Z fighter like the rest.

He does have the Drill super though which is hype. Maybe they can make use of his regeneration abilities and such. I do expect him to play different from the cast shown so far though, like a mix of Buu and Gohan maybe.

I mean I said before when people were coming up with their roster lists that the lists had WAY TOO many Saiyans in them. Now you know why that's not the best idea.

Lulubop

They aren't going to make Piccolo a Sim-like full on zoner, he is still an aggressive Z fighter like the rest.

He does have the Drill super though which is hype. Maybe they can make use of his regeneration abilities and such.

I mean I said before when people were coming up with their roster lists that the lists had WAY TOO many Saiyans in them. Now you know why that's not the best idea.

I mean, they're going to have to do it even if he is aggressive because as you said everyone in Z is like that.

RangerBAD

They intentionally put the most orthodox characters in the beta, but there's no getting away from ki blasts if that's what some people are expecting/want.

IronLich

No offense to Cujo Kate, but she's REALLY out of her element at the commentary desk when next to James Chen. Then again, just about anyone would be LOL.

kirblar

He does have the Drill super though which is hype. Maybe they can make use of his regeneration abilities and such. I do expect him to play different from the cast shown so far though, like a mix of Buu and Gohan maybe.

Yeah, as a person who's only randomly seen clips of the show and only vaguely knows anything, I hope any future ones are much more visually distinct from the 3 clones we have right now (for example: Kale would be a Hulk-esque character and not run into the same problems.)

edit: I may have meant Caulifla lol, whichever is the Broly clone

Dahbomb

Trunks and Broly/Califla/Gotenks should be fine to include even though they are Saiyans.

Trunks is a sword normals type character, put more emphasis on the sword for his combat to make him stick out more.

Broly/Califla could be the big body grappler Saiyans. This game definitely needs the grapplers and they can fill that role.

Gotenks is like a trickster character, I think they can focus on that and give him unique mechanics/abilities like summoning ghosts and stuff. Plus they can check off having a fusion character in the game.

Trunks and Broly/Califla/Gotenks should be fine to include even though they are Saiyans.

Trunks is a sword normals type character, put more emphasis on the sword for his combat to make him stick out more.

Broly/Califla could be the big body grappler Saiyans. This game definitely needs the grapplers and they can fill that role.

Gotenks is like a trickster character, I think they can focus on that and give him unique mechanics/abilities like summoning ghosts and stuff. Plus they can check off having a fusion character in the game.

Kale is the big body saiyan not Caulifla.

ZangBa

I leave for a few minutes and come back to Yipes being gone and replaced with some Smash player's mom and James Chen. I mean Skisonic is awful, but that was a bad trade.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I leave for a few minutes and come back to Yipes being gone and replaced with some Smash player's mom and James Chen. I mean Skisonic is awful, but that was a bad trade.
This is a Smash player's mom commentating?

Does she play SFV?

I've never heard of this person before.

DrDogg

No offense to Cujo Kate, but she's REALLY out of her element at the commentary desk when next to James Chen. Then again, just about anyone would be LOL.

I think she's just nervous honestly. She's not quite as knowledgeable as Chen or the normal commentators, but she knows as much or more than the average player. It's better to have her commentate Evo pools than any other CPT major.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
This is a Smash player's mom commentating?

Does she play SFV?

I've never heard of this person before.

No Kate has been a SF player for a long time. Very unfair the way some people treat her. She supports her scene is a good person.

Sure her mic skills might not be the best but she will improve with time and does her homework you can even see she is taking notes between games.

GO KATE! 😊

Top Bottom