• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

MrDaravon

I honestly knocked out pretty early, were there any notable upsets in SFV other than Smug/Bonchan going to losers first round?

Also looks like I need to go back and watch KOF top 8; I don't play those games but for some reason at least the top 3 at Evo is always ridiculous lol.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

hqdefault.jpg

Chauzu

Caught up with all Smash 4 vods now. Only one major upset so far, and ofc it was Kameme, one of my fav players, who got sent to losers early. He got 2nd place last year with Mega Man, he uses Sheik more now tho and he lost vs a "random" Bayonetta, a matchup he usually is good at.

Smash 4 is usually famous for its upsets so I hope it starts to kick in once we get to Round 2 pools. I hope we get a lot of japanese upsets!

FSLink

Banned
Caught up with all Smash 4 vods now. Only one major upset so far, and ofc it was Kameme, one of my fav players, who got sent to losers early. He got 2nd place last year with Mega Man, he uses Sheik more now tho and he lost vs a "random" Bayonetta, a matchup he usually is good at.

Smash 4 is usually famous for its upsets so I hope it starts to kick in once we get to Round 2 pools. I hope we get a lot of japanese upsets!

The Bayonetta was a good player from New York apparently.
Kameme was in my pool last year. Got bopped into loser's and made it out that way. He's really good.

Chauzu

The Bayonetta was a good player from New York apparently.
Kameme was in my pool last year. Got bopped into loser's and made it out that way. He's really good.

Yeah I heard the Bayo was not an actual random, just a player unknown outside region.

Cool that you got to play Kameme! Shame he doesn't use Mega Man a lot anymore, one of my favs to watch. At least he beat KEN at ARMS Saga with his Mega Man, which was cool to see.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah I heard the Bayo was not an actual random, just a player unknown outside region.

Cool that you got to play Kameme! Shame he doesn't use Mega Man a lot anymore, one of my favs to watch. At least he beat KEN at ARMS Saga with his Mega Man, which was cool to see.
I'd say he co-mains Sheik and MegaMan. I see him use both quite a bit.

Zyrox

Fell asleep during Tekken top 8 qualifiers yesterday. Seems an Eliza player made top 8? Awesome. Gonna see my main on the really big stage tomorrow, didn't expect that.

Zojirushi

I like how unlike other fighting games you can still kinda understand on a basic level what is happening in a Street Fighter V match although I have no idea how any of the mechanics they added post SSF2T work.

Top Bottom