• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The entire PuyoPuyo Tetris top 8 was amazing, but the entire nokoly vs McButt match was absolutely insane. (Should start at 0:22:28)

The move by P2 at 28:05 to prevent P1 from getting the all clear (that both players knew was coming) after the swap is pretty much the perfect encapsulation of why PPT Swap is my favorite puzzle game.

It's truly greater than the sum of its parts, and those two halves were already pretty good on their own.

The move by P2 at 28:05 to prevent P1 from getting the all clear (that both players knew was coming) after the swap is pretty much the perfect encapsulation of why PPT Swap is my favorite puzzle game.

It's truly greater than the sum of its parts, and those two halves were already pretty good on their own.

It really is the best mode in the game, you don't have to worry about Tetris being stronger than Puyo (because both players have to play both), and there is so much strategy in managing both boards. As you said, denying that all clear was so damn good.

Didn't get a chance to watch anything yesterday, but looking forward to scoping out this hotness today!

giphy.gif

NastyBook

That looks like the most unfun shit.
Shit's hilarious to look at. I remember when I got a good laugh from Raoh's foot stabby time, but then the game evolved, and now watching these martial art masters get their Harlem Globetrotters on will never not be entertaining.

Audioserf

Yes I enjoyed it. Lots of character variety, though they only showed winners on stream. JCDR you can tell basically is playing in top form for this tournament.

He was most definitely saving the Heihachi tech for evo. Saw him bust out the H man a grand total of one time at CEO.

FSLink

Banned

I really need to sit down and learn PPT Swap. My Puyo game is much weaker. Time to train with my bro McButt lol

Also caught up with all the Zhi stuff...so hilarious.

Aight, Fat Tuesday is my new love in life. God alcohol and slushies are so goooood.

Gonna shower real quick and head out to judge 10 AM Smash 4 and 12 PM SFV, then it's on to get as many signatures and cute cosplay and Arcade stick photos.

Took photos with Cammy Bison and Wonder Woman yesterday. At least I didn't have any awkward interactions like bar fights guy lmao.

ALSO Kayopolice stopped by the pool I was judging Tekken to talk to some people who were nearby. I did not realize how gorgeous she is in person...

Yeah, I don't know about that. After combo breaker and Sonic won all I could think about was how boring future tournaments were going to be, SonicFox's college fund etc. That and annoying ass Aquaman and Black Adam matches only for top 8. And then CEO happened... I actually look forward to the Injustice pools. I mean Coach Steve sent TekkenMaster (who I believe got 2nd at CB) packing with Grodd lol. Theo also annihilated Sonic in one set at CEO.
Last but not least, Whiteboi taking it all using a character many pros were preemptively calling garbage.

Yea but when was the last time he actually lost EVO?
We know he doesn't win every tournament, just what, 90% of the ones he enters? There's a reason.

In for SFV, Injustice, UMvC and Tekken.
Smash = extended lunch break.

vulva

ALSO Kayopolice stopped by the pool I was judging Tekken to talk to some people who were nearby. I did not realize how gorgeous she is in person...
I played a long set with her last night. Her Cammy is pretty decent. I guess she's just wanting Viper though. Told me she wants to be a spy.

Winner's bracket match in under an hour. Hope I can beat dogura. Practiced with a lot of the Korean and Japanese players.

I like how unlike other fighting games you can still kinda understand on a basic level what is happening in a Street Fighter V match although I have no idea how any of the mechanics they added post SSF2T work.

I think it lends itself well to esports because of that. My friend and colleagues at work who don't play were watching the TBS fights and enjoyed it because they could follow them for the most part. Fighting games should be the one that anyone can watch.

I like how unlike other fighting games you can still kinda understand on a basic level what is happening in a Street Fighter V match although I have no idea how any of the mechanics they added post SSF2T work.

Sound about right. I'm a Tekken noob never played any of them so don't really understand anything, which means when something technical back and forth happens I don't know why it was awesome. Like that recent chicken counter vid, I wouldn't know wtf. GG and BB has all this flying in the air shit and other crap I don't understand and frankly I don't care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I played a long set with her last night. Her Cammy is pretty decent. I guess she's just wanting Viper though. Told me she wants to be a spy.

Winner's bracket match in under an hour. Hope I can beat dogura. Practiced with a lot of the Korean and Japanese players.
Good luck man, dogura is really godlike.

Top Bottom