• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Excalibur: a NeoGAF Pathfinder Play by Post Campaign

((I like how the idea sounds, but on top of not being certain that they all lead back here, we have no way of knowing which tiles there connect to which tiles in the lizard room. That could lead to people landing in bad positions, so we're probably best off going through the door.))

((Tell me what party order you want and roll Initiative. I cant edit the ditzie right now but you have the surpriae round so you dont need me to.

There is also a friendly kobold sprite in the islansd subfolder ao put that somewhere in thw back of the formation))

((Other than Dreadstone firing an arrow or two and Niko hasting us, I'm assuming the surprise round will entail most of us getting towards our positions in the room. That said, I'll take a spot near the front prior to going in.))

((I forgot to roll my own initiative))
Code:
[url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=65237]Initiative: 1D20 + 2 = [20]+2 = 22
[/url]

((WHOA FUCK! Waiting for Dreadstone and Niko to act, regardless))

((dreadstone's icon was for when he was peering through the door

Dont take actions until everyone has a starting poisition behind the door and until everyone has rolled init))

Mike M

Nick N
((Dreadstone's Initiative is 11, Gnaw's is 5. Dreadstone needs a full round action to do much damage, so if it's possible for him to five foot step from the door so he can see around the corner, he's probably okay in the frontline where he is on the map.

Gnaw has a move of 40 feet, he can be rear guard and still get where he needs to be, I think.))

((Assuming Thaddeus's frontline position will set up the flank Stricia wants, I'll move to H5 after Dreadstone formally starts the surprise attack. I plan on attacking the yellow jacket at J11 after the surprise round, keeping with the theme of knocking them off as quick as possible))

((If I understand the difficult terrain rules correctly, getting on the table would chew up 10 feet, and then he'd resume moving normally. Even if dismounting the table is difficult terrain too, the charge ought to cover that distance))

((I need you guys to please start putting your icons on the map, move dreadstone relative to the front liners and move stricia back. Its phyaically impossible for me to do so on mobile))

((This is by no means final, but I tried to set up a guestimate of what the surprise round looks like based off of what everyone said.))

This first one is Dreadstone moving forward to shoot: http://beta.ditzie.com/52645/53add480cb245

This second one is everyone making their proposed moves: http://beta.ditzie.com/52645/53add4f07f010

((The NPC in both of those represents the kobold. There are probably errors in one or both of those. Any mistakes I made, feel free to tell me what corrections to do as is necessary.))

((This is by no means final, but I tried to set up a guestimate of what the surprise round looks like based off of what everyone said.))

This first one is Dreadstone moving forward to shoot: http://beta.ditzie.com/52645/53add480cb245

This second one is everyone making their proposed moves: http://beta.ditzie.com/52645/53add4f07f010

((The NPC in both of those represents the kobold. There are probably errors in one or both of those. Any mistakes I made, feel free to tell me what corrections to do as is necessary.))
((No to both of those links

The battle starts with everyone behind the door after it is opened and they make their moves from there. I need you guys to do that and make sure your actions are not in conflict with each other))

((Ok, I need to clarify something before trying again then. With Dreadstone's starting position behind the door, do you want him at G4, where you had him peeking, or G3, in the unshaded area?))

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
((It looks fine to me too. Niko moves to the position on Axel's second link and then casts haste on the party.))

((I just want to know what you consider behind the door. Since you shot the first one down, I'm assuming that's not it, and as far as I've seen looking back, Dreadstone is fine with firing the initial shots (though I don't know if he's deferring that until after Niko's haste or not), seeing as he's the only one who can actually attack during this round because movement rules. I can whip up a basic order of the party and a move-by-move for the surprise round based on what everyone's typed up, but I need to know what behind the door constitutes to do that.))

((EDIT: Beaten. That looks fine to me.))

((Double checking to make sure that me moving into the room won't deprive Dreadstone of any bonuses to his attack rolls based on surprise or anything. Will move Tiberious accordingly once that's cleared up.))

((If it does, I'll swap positions with Dreadstone to clear that up, assuming he doesn't object to that.))

Mike M

Nick N
((Swap Leo and Dreadstone. That five foot step is crucial for him getting a line of sight to full round attack the yellow vest. Otherwise looks good.))

((I don't think you can do full round attacks in a surprise round. But we should still swap so that you have a standard action to take and can attack at all))

Leo is deferring his action until after Dreadstone has had a chance to step forward and attack, commencing the festivities.

((Thaddeus would make it a point to get in front of Stricia even through her objections. We can RP that out if you want, but he would not be okay with her in front of him))

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
((Sweet, sounds like this might be our first PVP experience. I will take the role of Kenny and have him jump on Thaddeus back and using an unarmed bite attack.))

((Btw this is your kovolds aprite Kobold's sprite

main.php

<EDIT: Fixed transparency>

<I'm home. Time for me to fix the transparency on the Kobold's sprite, put it on the map... and also I have thought of something concerning Thaddeus' desire to break up front against what might be Stricia's wishes.

While this would be something to RP and I would love to see it, realistically you guys would only have like six seconds to determine who "wins" the front liner spot. I'm going to say that if Stricia objects to Thaddeus request, then you guys can resolve it via higher initiative roll result = they win the argument.

Draco's map with Kobold on it

((Yeah, that's a pretty godlike sprite. And eh, seems like something Tiberious would overlook. That or he'd just call pink the color of evil while he didn't trust it.))

((We now have both pink and purple party members. I expect neon green next.

And yeah, initiative seems like a fair way to sort out the marching order))

Mike M

Nick N
((All right, initiative order:

Tiberious: 22
Draco: 19
Thaddeus: 16
Niko: 15
Stricia: 13
Dreadstone: 11
Gnaw: 5
Kenny The Hot Pink Kobold: NA

If Axel is right in that there is no taking full round attacks on a surprise round, Dreadstone can stay where he is and unleash the hurt on the next round))

((Mike, did you still want to swap positions or just stay where DeadPhoenix put the tokens? If you're up front, you should still be able to get an arrow (or two, depending on how Manyshot works) off. That also determines whether Tiberious waits on him or charges in as he is prone to doing))

((Gotcha. Even though this one's on the up and up, time to RP more foolishness))

Once Dreadstone looks into the room, it's battle time. Tiberious waits for a signal and prepares to rush in and inspire some deaf orphans. He sees Dreadstone's tail twitch. Was that the signal? Fuck it, it is now. Subtle silent communication is hard. As he commences his grand entrance, Tiberious makes a note to teach the party interpretive dance some day.
Code:
[url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=65251]Perform (Act): 1D20 + 18 = [3]+18 = 21
[/url]
Drawing his shield and his near-black scizore, Tiberious throws the door open and feasts upon the surprise of its inhabitants. A manly speech is pointless when performing for deaf orphans, so everything hinges on his walk. Oozing confidence, Tiberious struts into the room in a dramatic fashion.
biDFHU0.gif

While strolling around, he notices something vitally important: tables. His eyes light up, as he just got an idea for the set piece of a lifetime. Strolling over to the long side of the nearest table, he prepares for a maneuver these hypothetical deaf orphans will never forget.

((Moving to I5. Lots of fluff for a really mundane turn. Updated map: http://beta.ditzie.com/52645/53aeef305d0df))

Top Bottom